PDA

View Full Version : Long injury report for Tulane game

jimsumner
09-22-2011, 04:21 PM
Ouch. Here's where that much ballyhooed depth should come in handy.

CB Tony Foster (foot) – Probable

CB Ross Cockrell (leg) – Questionable

K Will Snyderwine (foot) – Questionable

WR Tyree Watkins (leg) – Questionable

QB Brandon Connette (upper body) – OUT

LB Britton Grier (illness) – OUT

C Brian Moore (arm) – OUT

RB Desmond Scott (leg) – OUT

RB Josh Snead (foot) – OUT

TE Jack Farrell (leg) – OUT FOR SEASON

53n206
09-22-2011, 04:45 PM
Thinking about the lyrics to one of Willie Nelson's songs, "Mama don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys", one might add ".... don'tand and and and and and and and and and and and let your babies grow up to be football players." Dangerous business.

Devil in the Blue Dress
09-22-2011, 04:47 PM
This list is so long! Considering the style of play (was that tactful enough?) employed by BC, I'm thankful it's no worse than this, especially among the receivers and backs.

53n206
09-22-2011, 04:47 PM
I used a Dragon system and didn't check before I submitted reply. Sorry!
(Typed this message.)

Bob Green
09-22-2011, 04:50 PM
Ross Cockrell being Questionable is concerning. We do not have a lot of experience/depth at cornerback and Cockrell has been very solid on the corner so far this season. I have to wonder if one of our freshman cornerbacks will end up burning their redshirt if Cockrell can't play.

OZZIE4DUKE
09-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Ouch. Here's where that much ballyhooed depth should come in handy.

CB Tony Foster (foot) – Probable

CB Ross Cockrell (leg) – Questionable

K Will Snyderwine (foot) – Questionable

WR Tyree Watkins (leg) – Questionable

QB Brandon Connette (upper body) – OUT

LB Britton Grier (illness) – OUT

C Brian Moore (arm) – OUT

TE Jack Farrell (leg) – OUT FOR SEASON
The only good thing about the list is that "Questionables" usually end up playing, at least some, and until they find they can't under game conditions (and hopefully don't hurt themselves further). Disappointing that Scott has been ruled out. I guess that he was too sore after he practiced earlier in the week. Wait till next week, Des!

OldPhiKap
09-22-2011, 05:22 PM
This list is so long! Considering the style of play (was that tactful enough?) employed by BC, I'm thankful it's no worse than this, especially among the receivers and backs.

More tactful than they deserve.

Devil in the Blue Dress
09-22-2011, 05:25 PM
More tactful than they deserve.
You know how we value good manners here in the South!:cool:

chrishoke
09-22-2011, 06:13 PM
Cockreel is a big, big loss.

Duvall
09-22-2011, 06:18 PM

Jim, you said that Scott was practicing earlier this week. Is he still progressing and just isn't far enough along yet, or has he had a setback?

jimsumner
09-22-2011, 06:31 PM
Jim, you said that Scott was practicing earlier this week. Is he still progressing and just isn't far enough along yet, or has he had a setback?

They were going to be looking for post-practice swelling. I guess they didn't like what they saw.

Devilsfan
09-23-2011, 11:31 AM
Did anyone else hear o'brien whinning about the injuries on his team, preparing his team's fans for the whipping Cincinnati put on the pack last night. I'm glad we don't do that although with this list we would be justified in doing so. I think our coaches understand it's just part of the game and we will suit up and play to win our second game in a row. Go Devils!

CameronBornAndBred
09-23-2011, 12:11 PM
Did anyone else hear o'brien whinning about the injuries on his team, preparing his team's fans for the whipping Cincinnati put on the pack last night. I'm glad we don't do that although with this list we would be justified in doing so. I think our coaches understand it's just part of the game and we will suit up and play to win our second game in a row. Go Devils!
Agreed. And an injured defense didn't make the Wuffies' offense run backwards.

loldevilz
09-23-2011, 01:02 PM
Cockreel is a big, big loss.

Questionable means 50/50. He easily could still play. My guess is he does.

Ima Facultiwyfe
09-23-2011, 02:11 PM

Bless your tactful heart, dahlin'.
Love, Ima