PDA

View Full Version : NCAA violation question

I_am_a_Blue_Devil
09-02-2011, 08:09 AM
Out of curiosity, if someone knew of a possible NCAA violation how would they go about reporting said violation to the correct authorities?

hudlow
09-02-2011, 08:49 AM
It might be good to start with the school involved, let them know what you've seen.

-jk
09-02-2011, 09:23 AM
If you google the school's name and the phrase "athletics compliance office" (but not necessarily in quotes) you'll likely go in the right direction.

-jk

JasonEvans
09-02-2011, 10:37 AM
Out of curiosity, if someone knew of a possible NCAA violation how would they go about reporting said violation to the correct authorities?

If there was ever a post that begged for more details...

...though I am not sure I want to know them ;)

-Jason

Dr. Rosenrosen
09-02-2011, 11:23 AM
If there was ever a post that begged for more details...

...though I am not sure I want to know them ;)

-Jason

I know there is a bit of a humorous intent here, but I hope that is a path we never go down on this board.

Jarhead
09-02-2011, 11:26 AM

There are multiple directions you can take, but as -jk suggested, I like the idea of going to the school's athletics compliance officer. You could also sensationalize it by going to the news media, but you better be sure of your facts if you do. If the school is UNC' jump on board, and enjoy yourself.http://crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/113.gif

Dr. Rosenrosen
09-02-2011, 11:33 AM
There are multiple directions you can take, but as -jk suggested, I like the idea of going to the school's athletics compliance officer. You could also sensationalize it by going to the news media, but you better be sure of your facts if you do. If the school is UNC' jump on board, and enjoy yourself.http://crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/113.gif

And let's remember that while there are obviously schools involved in these things, there are also kids involved, and they deserve the chance to have potential issues/questions addressed through appropriate channels - rather than become potential targets of some vengeful effort. Other fan bases may relish an opportunity to squeal on their rivals. But it's not a lofty pursuit.

I_am_a_Blue_Devil
09-02-2011, 04:54 PM
And let's remember that while there are obviously schools involved in these things, there are also kids involved, and they deserve the chance to have potential issues/questions addressed through appropriate channels - rather than become potential targets of some vengeful effort. Other fan bases may relish an opportunity to squeal on their rivals. But it's not a lofty pursuit.

Let me assure everyone that I have no intention of being a rumor monger. I am just curious as to the proper channels to report some information that I received. The school compliance office seems like the best option. Thanks for the help!

Turk
09-02-2011, 05:07 PM
Ask Jim Tressel. I think he knows what to do now...

moonpie23
09-02-2011, 05:07 PM
just sayin

diveonthefloor
09-02-2011, 06:58 PM
If I remember correctly, IAMABLUEDEVIL, you used to be from Southwestern Virginia, near Blacksburg. Do you still live there?

I_am_a_Blue_Devil
09-02-2011, 07:25 PM
just sayin

Id say that's a little strong considering im a long time reader, sometimes poster and haven't exhibited any troll like behavior that I know of. Mods feel free to lock/delete this thread. It was not my intention to cause waves.

diveonthefloor
09-03-2011, 01:15 AM
just sayin

He's not a troll.

(I can understand if you thought this was his first post, but he has a long history on the boards, doesn't post a lot, but definitely is NOT a member of the dark side.)

Devilsfan
09-03-2011, 08:57 AM
Let's leave my "fav" team to hate the "tarholes" alone. They have spent numerous days trying to "CYA". Let's not dig deeper and ask questions like "how many BB players as well as FB players took the recently fired departmenthead's courses and what grades did they receive?" Let's not see numerous signs like "Beat the Cheats!" in the stands when we play them. Let's all forgive their transgretions. Let's not ruin their reputation. Wait! What reputation? Never mind.