PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Kelly - Panda hat, beard and improvement

watzone
08-31-2011, 06:35 PM
http://bluedevilnation.net/2011/08/ryan-kelly-talks-the-china-trip-his-beard-role-and-his-panda-hat/

Before Coach K came out, Ryan Kelly took time to talk of the trip, a panda hat? And the beard too which Coach K is okay with ...

devildeac
08-31-2011, 06:44 PM
http://bluedevilnation.net/2011/08/ryan-kelly-talks-the-china-trip-his-beard-role-and-his-panda-hat/

Before Coach K came out, Ryan Kelly took time to talk of the trip, a panda hat? And the beard too which Coach K is okay with ...

I hope it is more fashionable than a 2030 suit or a 2031 costume:rolleyes:.

Greg_Newton
08-31-2011, 06:55 PM
Enormous sporks bounty for anyone who can provide visual evidence of said hat...

devildeac
08-31-2011, 07:01 PM
Enormous sporks bounty for anyone who can provide visual evidence of said hat...

Maybe something like this:

If not at least I gave it a good Blue Devil effort...

JasonEvans
08-31-2011, 07:45 PM

I am looking. So far, the best I can come up with is this...

-Jason "still searching" Evans

JasonEvans
08-31-2011, 07:50 PM
Bing-freaking-go!!!!!

I am da man ;)

-Jason

OZZIE4DUKE
08-31-2011, 09:45 PM
Bing-freaking-go!!!!!

I am da man ;)

-Jason
Kelly paid a dollar for THAT hat? He paid too much... :D

SilkyJ
08-31-2011, 10:49 PM
Go to an SF Giants game and you'll see thousands of them

devildeac
08-31-2011, 11:10 PM
Kelly paid a dollar for THAT hat? He paid too much... :D

Yuan to explain that a little more clearly;).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_currency

devildeac
08-31-2011, 11:11 PM
Go to an SF Giants game and you'll see thousands of them

And the hats are kinda cute, too.:o

DukieInKansas
09-01-2011, 09:20 AM

Kelly Ryan is definitely better looking - his hat, too!

SilkyJ
09-01-2011, 09:51 AM

BTW, in case no one noticed, those were the lovely ladies of the USA Women's World Cup team, specifically Megan Rapinoe and Abby Wambach (they of the epic 120th minute cross/header combo to beat Brazil).

DevilWearsPrada
09-01-2011, 12:46 PM

I think Ryan is very handsome with his ZouBeard, and I love all the hats. The Beard makes Ryan look more serious and intimidating! It worked for Zoubs! I vote to keep the trimmed up Beard for Ryan!

hq2
09-01-2011, 09:16 PM
A beard helps some guys. Kelly has kind of a weak chin; the beard gives him a stronger appearance.
Hope he plays like that too.

Mike Corey
09-02-2011, 07:11 AM
Kelly has kind of a weak chin

Hopefully Kelly will work on this prior to the start of league play.

hq2
09-02-2011, 10:27 AM
Maybe the coaching staff will give him some chin-strengthening exercises.
Help him take a few elbows when he's fighting for rebounds!

nocilla
09-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Maybe the coaching staff will give him some chin-strengthening exercises.
Help him take a few elbows when he's fighting for rebounds!

He just needs to watch some Kyle Singler film for that. Kyle seemed to take more than his fair share of elbows.

JasonEvans
09-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Hopefully Kelly will work on this prior to the start of league play.

For months I have been saying to anyone who would listen that Duke needs to recruit guys with stronger features. For too long we have settled for guys with weak chins. I want to see sculpted cheekbones and angular noses out there. I am at a loss to explain why K does not see it this way. It feels like he hasn't figured out that you need to bring in players who are half-basketball player and half-model.

-Jason "I keeed, I keeed" Evans

roywhite
09-02-2011, 10:38 AM
For months I have been saying to anyone who would listen that Duke needs to recruit guys with stronger features. For too long we have settled for guys with weak chins. I want to see sculpted cheekbones and angular noses out there. I am at a loss to explain why K does not see it this way. It feels like he hasn't figured out that you need to bring in players who are half-basketball player and half-model. -Jason "I keeed, I keeed" Evans

Yeah, come on Coach....do you not remember Christian Laettner? duh.... :)

NovaScotian
09-02-2011, 01:18 PM
For months I have been saying to anyone who would listen that Duke needs to recruit guys with stronger features. For too long we have settled for guys with weak chins. I want to see sculpted cheekbones and angular noses out there. I am at a loss to explain why K does not see it this way. It feels like he hasn't figured out that you need to bring in players who are half-basketball player and half-model.

-Jason "I keeed, I keeed" Evans

i've said it before and i'll say it again, things aren't going to get any better until coach wojo stops coaching our guys on how to have strong chins.

OldPhiKap
09-02-2011, 02:01 PM
I think our biggest recruiting flaw is weak toes and metatarsals. Doing better with the phalanges, finally.