PDA

View Full Version : Steve Blake and John Gilchrist go Fistacuffs in 2002...video just surfacing

SilkyJ
08-26-2011, 06:01 PM
Apparently this happened back in 2002 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo5nRPC6uw8&feature=player_embedded) but the video just made it up a couple days ago. Not really sure what set Blake off, must have been something that was building, b/c I didn't see anything too serious in the boxout that precipitated the fight.

You can see John Gilchrist's comment below the video. I guess he was an incoming freshman and Blake was a rising senior, if I did my research correctly. Blake must have been worried seriously worried about his job security to start a fight with the freshy.

Bob Green
08-26-2011, 07:04 PM
Gilchrist buckled Blake's knees with that right hand, but Blake went right back at him. Too bad the other players got in the way and ruined what might have turned out to be an interesting round of boxing. Friday Night Fights is one of my favorite TV events.

licc85
08-26-2011, 08:30 PM
Well, I don't think there's any doubt that Steve is clearly a superior basketball player, but just from what I saw of his fighting technique and their physiques in that video, Steve was very lucky the fight got broken up immediately . . . he looked pretty feisty, but I think 1 good shot from John would have set him straight pretty quickly.

weezie
08-26-2011, 08:36 PM
hahahahhahahaaah
Of course, no decent person would condone fighting in sports, mercy sakes, but what is it about hoopsters trading sucker punches?
All that long arm flailing around. Completely ridiculous clowns.

Let's just hope that the terpy-tudes managed to patch things up over a banana split @ JohnnyRockets.
And that they were happy together.

SupaDave
08-26-2011, 09:18 PM
I don't really think this is just surfacing. Nor is it appropriate considering it's a 10 year old practice squabble.