PDA

View Full Version : Triangle volunteers needed for Coach's Fav Charity

lpd1982
08-25-2011, 07:48 PM
If you live in the Triangle area and would like to help the Emily K Center raise money to support its students, consider signing up to volunteer on behalf of the Emily K Center during the Ramblin' Rose Half-Marathon on Sunday, October 16th .

Anyone over 18 can volunteer for Endurance Magazine's Ramblin' Rose Half Marathon in Durham. The magazine will make a donation to the Emily K Center for every volunteer who works on the Center's behalf. Thousands of runners are expected, so 100's of volunteers are needed to work as Course Monitors during the race. The race starts at the American Tobacco Campus and runs throughout Durham including parts of Duke Campus.
Follow this link to register as a volunteer - http://bit.ly/peyNb2 . On the first page choose "Course Monitor" under "Specific Event". On the second page be sure to choose "Emily K Center" as the organization you are volunteering on behalf of. If you can't volunteer for the race consider visiting the website or stopping by any time in person. Thanks!

The Emily K Center Building Scholars-Changing Lives

Verga3
08-25-2011, 08:13 PM
Maybe I'm a wimp, but I'm not going to put my life at risk to volunteer this year. Not sure I understand #5, "Severability," so I could not sign up. However, I SUGGEST EVERYONE WRITE A CHECK THIS YEAR!!!

Seriously, this is a GREAT, GREAT cause and a fun event. Too bad we now live in a world that the following is required to protect the Emily K Center's back:

"I know that volunteering for a road race is a potentially hazardous activity, which could cause injury or death. I will not enter and participate unless I am medically able and properly trained, and by my signature, I certify that I am medically able to perform this event, and am in good health, and I am properly trained. I agree to abide by any decision of a race official relative to any aspect of my participation in this event, including the right of any official to deny or suspend my participation for any reason whatsoever. I assume all risks associated with volunteering in this event, including but no limited to: falls, contact with other participants, the effects of the weather, including high heat and/or humidity, traffic and the conditions of the road, all such risks being known and appreciated by me. I understand that bicycles, skateboards, baby joggers, roller skates or roller blades, animals, and headsets are not allowed in the race and I will abide by this guideline. Having read this waiver ad knowing these facts and inconsideration of your accepting my entry, I, for myself and anyone entitled to act on my behalf, waive and release the organizers of the Duke Medicine Ramblin' Rose Women's Half Marathon, Endurance Magazine LLC, Precision Race, The City of Durham, and all sponsors associated with this event, their representatives and successors from all claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of my participation in this event, even though that liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons named in this waiver.

1. Authority to Register and/or to Act as Agent. You represent and warrant to SPORToften.com, LLC (SPORToften) that you have full legal authority to complete this event registration on SPORToften, including full authority to make use of the credit or debit card to which registration fees will be charged. In addition, if you are registering third parties, you represent and warrant that you have been duly authorized to act as agent on behalf of such parties in performing this event registration. By proceeding with this event registration, you agree that the terms of this Registration Agreement shall apply equally to you and to any third parties for whom you are acting as agent. Compliance with Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).You represent and warrant that, in compliance with COPPA, you are over thirteen (13) years of age, and that if you are registering a child under fourteen (14) years of age you are the parent of such child, and do hereby consent to the collection of such child's personal information by SPORToften.

2. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. SPORToften SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM (A) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE SPORToften OR (B) FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES OR (C) RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH SPORToften OR (D) RESULTING FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE, EVEN IF SPORToften HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF SPORToften IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. SPORToften IS PROVIDED ON AN 'AS IS' AND 'AS AVAILABLE' BASIS. SPORToften EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SPORToften makes no warranty that the SPORToften sites' services will be uninterrupted, secure or error free.SPORToften does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information in, or provided in connection with, the SPORToften sites.SPORToften is not responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the results obtained from the use of such information. You understand and agree that any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the SPORToften sites is at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your own computer system or loss of data that resultsfrom the download of such material and/or data.

3. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold each of SPORToften and its partners and employees harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of SPORToften or the violation of any term of this Liability Waiver or the SPORToften Terms of Service by you.

4. Applicable Law; Consent to Jurisdiction. The SPORToften sites (excluding linked sites) are controlled by SPORToften from its offices within the North Carolina, United States of America. By completing this event registration, both you and SPORToften agree that the statutes and laws of the North Carolina, without regard to the conflict of laws principles thereof, will apply to all matters relating to this event registration, this Liability Waiver, or other use of the SPORToften sites. You agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with SPORToften resides in the courts of the North Carolina and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of the State of North Carolina in connection with any dispute including any claim involving SPORToften or its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, contractors, officers, directors, telecommunication providers and content providers.

5. Severability. If any provision of this Liability Waiver shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Liability Waiver and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions."