PDA

View Full Version : Pat Summitt -- early onset dementia

throatybeard
08-23-2011, 02:45 PM
I can't even believe this.

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2011/aug/23/pat-summitt-diagnosed-early-onset-dementia/

MCFinARL
08-23-2011, 02:57 PM
What a shame--but it sounds like she is handling it bravely.

AtlBluRew
08-23-2011, 03:01 PM
It's very sad news. When you meet Pat Summit, you can't help but be struck by her aura of authority and confidence. You know you're meeting someone who has accomplished a lot. And she gives tirelessly back to the game. For example, she's always being asked for autographs by little girls and she serves on several charitable boards. All my best thoughts and wishes go to Pat Summit.

CameronBornAndBred
08-23-2011, 03:41 PM
I'm not going to lie and say I've been a fan of hers, you can probably go and find posts of mine on here that support that statement. But she sure does have my respect...same with Dean Smith. Not a fan, but tons of respect. It doesn't surprise me a bit that she is standing up in the face of another adversary; she will always be a fighter. Best wishes to her and her Vols family.

rasputin
08-23-2011, 04:59 PM
What a shame. I have always admired Pat Summitt. One would expect her to proceed with her characteristic toughness.

Duvall
08-23-2011, 05:31 PM
I can't even imagine women's college basketball without Pat Summitt.

wsb3
08-23-2011, 06:05 PM
My mom suffers with this disease. It is frightening and seems to be afflicting more and more families. God bless Pat Summit and all of us who in one way or another are affected by this disease.

hudlow
08-24-2011, 09:12 AM
Lots of different ways this can go.

Let's hope that the memories of the good times in a remarkable life will remain strong for her.

hud