PDA

View Full Version : Who is NOW your favorite Duke player?

hurleyfor3
03-04-2007, 09:51 PM
I have a hunch about who's gonna win this poll...

mapei
03-04-2007, 09:52 PM
McClure. Easy.

Fish80
03-04-2007, 09:56 PM
The guys plays great D, and brings it every game. And he comes out with some unbelievable rebounds for 6'3". Amazing.

zingit
03-04-2007, 09:56 PM
I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but Greg Paulus is my favorite. On the other hand, the feeling of a lot of people coming out of Cameron today was that Gerald Henderson deserved a trophy. (Bad sportsmanship, I know. But I tend to lose my sense of sportsmanship when we play UNC.)

Edited to add that I don't mean to say that I'm happy about the play, and I realize that it may be bad for us in the long run. But the crowd in Cameron went nuts. And I'd be lying if I said that I didn't enjoy it a teensy bit. Sorry if this makes me a terrible person.

jaimedun34
03-04-2007, 10:05 PM
Henderson and DeMarcus.

I seriously *heart* Gerald Henderson right now. He played his hiney off tonight.

Dukebacker
03-04-2007, 10:06 PM
Mine was Henderson even before the game.(although Scheyer is a close second) He is going to be a stud for years to come

and the fact that he got a nice shot in on my least favorite player in basketball made it even better.

VaDukie
03-04-2007, 10:06 PM
I voted Henderson but it had NOTHING to do with the play against TH. His game is just a joy to watch, he looked incredible today.

A-Tex Devil
03-04-2007, 10:07 PM
Gerald has been may favorite for a while. I've thought we should highlight him in the offense since the last UNC game if not before.

I love Josh, but next year, he's a role player on the offensive end, scoring wise, if he comes back. This is Henderson's team. One of the downfalls of this year's team has been depending on Josh to get us 15-20 night in and night out - it's not hapeening. Let's PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give up on that and let the guys that can fill it up, well, fill it up.

Josh has his role and it is effective, but expecting him to average 15/ night isn't it.

feldspar
03-04-2007, 10:09 PM
and the fact that he got a nice shot in on my least favorite player in basketball made it even better.
You should be ashamed of yourself. This kind of comment has no place being made by a so-called Duke fan.

highlandangel
03-04-2007, 10:11 PM
His heart in every play is tremendous.

Dukebacker
03-04-2007, 10:18 PM
You should be ashamed of yourself. This kind of comment has no place being made by a so-called Duke fan.

So all the crazies go wild when it happens.

But the crowd in Cameron went nuts.

I bet they all feel ashamed of themselves too! :rolleyes:

mph
03-05-2007, 12:32 AM
Is anyone else surprised that we're 39 votes into this poll and there's not one vote for Josh?

Bob Green
03-05-2007, 12:58 AM
DeMarcus Nelson is my favorite Blue Devil even though he is struggling with his outside shot. He is a great rebounder and on ball defender. He is typically assigned to the opponents top offensive threat. Today, he defended Lawson and struggled with Lawson's speed.

I really would like to see DeMarcus play alongside a legitimate post player. If our opponents defense was focused on stopping a 6'10" power forward who was taking the ball to the hole, DeMarcus could really wreck havoc with his inside game.

DeMarcus was 3-3 from the foul line today.

Bob Green
Yokosuka, Japan

DukeDevilDeb
03-05-2007, 08:12 AM
I know DeMarcus and really like him a lot... and he has the potential to be a great, great player... but, although he always comes out hot and has done some phenomenal scoring early in the game (witness the Maryland game), there are many times over the course of the game when he seems to disappear... I don't mean that he isn't on the floor or that he isn't playing... but it seems that his head isn't in the game. He's driven into double and triple teams so much and lost the ball (and rarely actually made an assist or score out of it) that I'm puzzled.

I know he was 3 for 3 from the foul line today, and I hope I'm totally wrong about his seeming disappearance.

Go Duke!

Cavlaw
03-05-2007, 08:47 AM
Agreed. It's never good to see a kid get hurt, no matter who he is. Worse to celebrate it.

throatybeard
03-05-2007, 09:31 AM
Allison Bales isn't on the poll.