PDA

View Full Version : Football ticket pricing

killerleft
08-02-2011, 07:35 PM
I have gotten family plan season tickets for as long as I can remember. This year is another great deal, minimum four tix for $280, $70 for each additional ticket. Only two of us are sure to go this year, and the last couple years we have had quite a few tickets go to waste.

So, I go online with the intention of just getting a ticket each for my buddy and me. I expected to spend a bit more per season ticket, maybe $100 or so for each. Instead, I find that general admission tickets are $140 each. Same seats as family plan, twice the cost.

Devil in the Blue Dress
08-02-2011, 08:02 PM
I have gotten family plan season tickets for as long as I can remember. This year is another great deal, minimum four tix for $280, $70 for each additional ticket. Only two of us are sure to go this year, and the last couple years we have had quite a few tickets go to waste.

So, I go online with the intention of just getting a ticket each for my buddy and me. I expected to spend a bit more per season ticket, maybe $100 or so for each. Instead, I find that general admission tickets are $140 each. Same seats as family plan, twice the cost.

As I recall, ticket prices went up this year and the difference in prices for different categories became greater.. (Last year's season ticket holders were allowed to buy at last year's price up to a certain date, then after that the new prices went into effect.)

Wasn't there also an announcement that some of the ticket money from football and basketball would go toward funding for university libraries? (I looked for a link, but couldn't find it.)

blazindw
08-03-2011, 04:26 PM
Even though I only plan on going to a couple football games this season, I purchased another family plan. I too wanted to only get a season ticket or two, but it was the same price to get 4 through the family plan. I think that it's to have more tickets purchased (thus can claim more season tickets). I recommend that if you do get the family plan, turn in the tickets that you know you're not going to use back to the ticket office, and they donate them to schools and after school clubs to allow kids the chance to watch football on Saturdays.

Lid
08-03-2011, 05:17 PM
Anyone know when the tickets will be mailed? I'm eager to have them in my hot little hands!

OZZIE4DUKE
08-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Anyone know when the tickets will be mailed? I'm eager to have them in my hot little hands!
Probably in 2 to 3 weeks, but I'm just guessing. I'm sure we'll have them in plenty of time for the game on Sept. 3rd!

Of equal, or perhaps even more interest on this board, I called the ticket office yesterday to find out when the basketball season ticket order forms would be going out and was told "this week"! So start looking in your mail boxes if you have season tickets or are a newly qualified Iron Duke! :cool: Mine did not come today, and I'm only 60 miles from Durham. Of course, they are probably not mailed from Duke, or Durham, so us local folks wouldn't necessarily get them first.

airowe
08-03-2011, 05:55 PM

August 10th.

http://twitter.com/#!/Duke_FB/status/98778766309998592

crdaul
08-05-2011, 01:08 PM
Probably in 2 to 3 weeks, but I'm just guessing. I'm sure we'll have them in plenty of time for the game on Sept. 3rd!

Of equal, or perhaps even more interest on this board, I called the ticket office yesterday to find out when the basketball season ticket order forms would be going out and was told "this week"! So start looking in your mail boxes if you have season tickets or are a newly qualified Iron Duke! :cool: Mine did not come today, and I'm only 60 miles from Durham. Of course, they are probably not mailed from Duke, or Durham, so us local folks wouldn't necessarily get them first.

The single game basketball tickets for Iron Duke members are available on-line thru GoDuke.com....you have to have your sign-on name and password and then can order the tix....no conference game this time, unfortunately....