PDA

View Full Version : Mod appreciation thread!

weezie
07-30-2011, 09:33 AM
We love our mods! They are the best. Just think of the grief they put up with 24/7/365.

At times we all get a little whiny, but these guys (and I assume a lady or two and if not, why not, lol)
really do one hell of a job.

Group hug!

gumbomoop
07-30-2011, 09:56 AM
[1]We love our mods! [2] They are the best. [3] Just think of the grief they put up with 24/7/365.

[4] At times we all get a little whiny, but these guys (and I [5] assume a lady or two and if not, why not, lol) [6] really do one hell of a job.

[7] Group hug!

1 - Yes. Except when one of them posts something that proves my idea was dumb.
2 - From visiting the demimonde of several other sites, no question, yes. I repeat, seriously: YES
3 - I refuse to contemplate this subject. It's like the default crisis.
4 - Well, not everyone, but a whole lot of us, yes.
5 - The mods seem so fair-minded, that I just assumed most of them are women.
6 - See #2 above - YES.
7 - Count me in, metaphorically speaking.

rthomas
07-30-2011, 10:27 AM
We love our mods! They are the best. Just think of the grief they put up with 24/7/365.

At times we all get a little whiny, but these guys (and I assume a lady or two and if not, why not, lol)

Group hug!

Your Stockholm Syndrome is showing.

wilko
07-30-2011, 10:55 AM
I too would like to chime in and brown nose for a free pass once in a while.

hudlow
07-30-2011, 10:57 AM
Power trips aside, they do a great job.;)

weezie
07-30-2011, 03:57 PM
Your Stockholm Syndrome is showing.

I too would like to chime in and brown nose for a free pass once in a while.

Hahaha...this is why I love being a Dukie married to a Dukie.

What a bunch of funny sons of guns. :cool:

sagegrouse
07-30-2011, 04:05 PM
Hahaha...this is why I love being a Dukie married to a Dukie.

What a bunch of funny sons of guns. :cool:

I think the Mods do a great job under difficult circumstances. I congratulate them and thank them for their efforts to keep the Board intelligent and civilized.

Uh.... When can we lock this thread?

sagegrouse

OldPhiKap
07-30-2011, 04:28 PM

Group hug!

You forgot to preface this with "Mods, please feel free to move this thread if . . . ."

Here is where someone complains that this is off-topic.

Then the mods lock.

(j/k -- good job with a thankless job)

OZZIE4DUKE
07-30-2011, 08:46 PM
I was challenged, dared actually, to post in this thread. In fact, let me show you the actual dare, although to protect the guilty I won't tell you by who(m?).

Mod appreciation thread

I dare you to post in this one. Double dog dare you.

BWAHAHAHAHA

So I am posting in this thread. I will not comment farther because as I understand it, right now it is no cooler in Siberia than it is here. :cool:

devildeac
07-30-2011, 08:56 PM
I was challenged, dared actually, to post in this thread. In fact, let me show you the actual dare, although to protect the guilty I won't tell you by who(m?).

So I am posting in this thread. I will not comment farther because as I understand it, right now it is no cooler in Siberia than it is here. :cool:

Well played. (not that I know anything further/prior about what transpired)

Fish80
07-30-2011, 10:43 PM
I think I love the mods. But I drakn somee wine and then some beer and now my blackebrry. Is blurry so I can't be sure. BuT The mods r great in spit of what I draknk. Or didn't.

Ps did I say the mods ar gr8

CameronBlue
07-31-2011, 12:53 PM
It is indeed a thankless job. Nothing further to post lest it conflicts with the job description.

Verga3
07-31-2011, 06:49 PM
I think the Mods do a great job under difficult circumstances. I congratulate them and thank them for their efforts to keep the Board intelligent and civilized.

Uh.... When can we lock this thread?

sagegrouse

Amen...This must surely be the highest quality Board of its kind, anywhere. Thanks, Mods for being stewards of the integrity and intelligence of this grand experiment.

OldPhiKap
07-31-2011, 09:12 PM

Keep the faith, Oz. Good things are coming your way when love has been sufficiently spread. Your optoemism and insight are greatly appreciated by many.

The mods have a tough line to walk, keeping an open forum from falling into an IC-like mire. I have not always agreed when I have gotten dinged (actually, I've never agreed) but I understood the perspective of the ding-or. I would assume there should be a lighter leash in the off-season, when traffic is probably slow, although I have not found that to be the case. Again, tough line between keeping the site at a high level, and driving off quality posters.

MulletMan
08-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Alright... what the hell are you people planning?

HCheek37
08-01-2011, 04:49 PM
yes they are well deserving of a huge thank you from us.....now if only I can get them to allow a point-spread thread or a rumor board I'd be 100% appreciative.

thanks mods

OldPhiKap
08-01-2011, 05:08 PM
yes they are well deserving of a huge thank you from us.....now if only I can get them to allow a rumor board I'd be 100% appreciative.

I heard that they might. Inside sources, cannot reveal.

Fish80
08-01-2011, 08:56 PM
I heard that they might. Inside sources, cannot reveal.

I know a guy who knows a former player who heard it directly from the source, so it's first hand, but I can't say, other than it's huge.

SupaDave
08-02-2011, 12:21 AM
This thread hasn't been locked yet? We must like you guys...

moonpie23
08-02-2011, 07:53 AM
i love the mods....they always remind me when i'm being unorthodox....