PDA

View Full Version : Getting in the Way Back Machine-Kenny Dennard

JimBD
07-25-2011, 10:25 AM
What a great interview. Kenny Dennard was one of my favorite Duke players ever.
Speaking about Dennard's heart as a player, I remember Al McGuire saying "give me four Kenny Dennards and one superstar, and I'll give you a National Champion!" Thanks for re-running the interview.

devildeac
07-25-2011, 10:39 AM
Hilarious stuff. Thanks for the re-run. Can't wait to see Ozzie's photo of a certain aerosol can he has. Heh-heh.

chrishoke
07-25-2011, 10:57 AM
He is one of a kind - a true Duke legend.

Indoor66
07-25-2011, 11:28 AM
Kenny made curls on men popular in Durham!

OZZIE4DUKE
07-25-2011, 05:01 PM
Hilarious stuff. Thanks for the re-run. Can't wait to see Ozzie's photo of a certain aerosol can he has. Heh-heh.
Well, since you asked for it... :cool:

My dad gave me that can about 35 years ago. The label is a bit faded, but certainly still readable. I wonder if Bill Foster used the same "source" as my dad? This can was "filled", or at least distributed, in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, which is where we lived.

DukieInKansas
07-25-2011, 05:18 PM
And here is the link to the dunk mentioned in the interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tfBO9WWtF0

kennydennard
07-26-2011, 11:37 AM
Well, since you asked for it... :cool:

My dad gave me that can about 35 years ago. The label is a bit faded, but certainly still readable. I wonder if Bill Foster used the same "source" as my dad? This can was "filled", or at least distributed, in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, which is where we lived.

This can looks similar, but Bill's Bold Black Letters ... was one of the funniest things I had ever seen the first time he pulled it out of his desk drawer!!

-iDog

roywhite
07-26-2011, 11:46 AM
This can looks similar, but Bill's Bold Black Letters ... was one of the funniest things I had ever seen the first time he pulled it out of his desk drawer!!

-iDog

Welcome to the board, Kenny.

Been a fan for a long time and saw that reverse dunk at the NCAA's up in Providence.

Newton_14
07-26-2011, 09:51 PM

-iDog

Welcome to the board, Kenny.

Been a fan for a long time and saw that reverse dunk at the NCAA's up in Providence.

Welcome indeed KD. Thanks for popping in. Looking forward to seeing you again at Tailgate this fall...

Verga3
07-26-2011, 10:20 PM
Great interview, as they all were..you always knew that truth and humor would merge with Kenny. One of a kind, great guy. One of the best to ever play here. Will never forget that reverse dunk. Thanks for linking, DukieInKansas!

Welcome to DBR, KD!

kennydennard
08-04-2011, 09:56 AM
I have been a daily reader of DBR for more years than I can remember, but have never signed up for boards due to my fear of being drunk one night and saying something I might regret ... wait a minute, did I just write that out loud? Seriously, thanks for the love and I look forward to sharing more stories from my particular perspective in my upcoming book, "Back Stories From the Front Lines" or as I named the original working title, "Drunk Talk Is Just Sober Thinking". Working towards publishing on 12/12/12!!

Again, thanks to all!
-iDog

devildeac
08-04-2011, 10:06 AM
I have been a daily reader of DBR for more years than I can remember, but have never signed up for boards due to my fear of being drunk one night and saying something I might regret ... wait a minute, did I just write that out loud? Seriously, thanks for the love and I look forward to sharing more stories from my particular perspective in my upcoming book, "Back Stories From the Front Lines" or as I named the original working title, "Drunk Talk Is Just Sober Thinking". Working towards publishing on 12/12/12!!

Again, thanks to all!
-iDog

We can now look forward to the release of your book at the same time the Stone Brewing Company releases their final edition/version of Vertical Epic on 12/12/12. What a occasion that should be!;)

hq2
08-04-2011, 10:17 AM
Welcome a-board, Kenny! We'll never forget the reverse slam against Villanova; I about hit the ceiling when you threw that one down! Seems like just yesterday I went over to Durham High to see your team play for the state 3A championship in '77. Has it really been that long? Four years of incredible basketball and memories, culminating in the perfect pass to Gene for that shot at the end. Truly unforgettable.

captmojo
08-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Seems like just yesterday I went over to Durham High to see your team play for the state 3A championship in '77. Has it really been that long?

Did ya ever happen to see any others? Like, let's say...the 3A back in '73? :D

Mem-o-ries...(insert new 'singing' smilie here.....oops, ain't one)