PDA

View Full Version : New Duke Blue Planet Video: July Functions

Bluedog
07-19-2011, 02:19 PM
Nice video from DBP with Tyler and Josh introducing the freshmen. Looks like Kyrie is on campus taking classes and hanging out with the guys. It appears that Quinn may be the Nolan replacement as the talkative likeable guy on the team that everybody is friends with and knows around the country. Josh is also sporting a pretty solid beard - hopefully he can channel that into Zoubek-like ferocity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCGr6jN1TMQ

licc85
07-19-2011, 03:25 PM
sigh . . i miss kyrie already

roywhite
07-19-2011, 03:44 PM
Thanks for posting. Lots of fun.

Silent G indeed.

slower
07-19-2011, 03:54 PM
Great to see the new guys. However, DBP needs to find some sound guys and editors with much better skills. Half of the audio is incomprehensible, and the video would be more enjoyable without the endless stream of 1/2 second cuts. Looking forward to a better finished product in the near future.

NSDukeFan
07-19-2011, 04:15 PM
Great to see the new guys. However, DBP needs to find some sound guys and editors with much better skills. Half of the audio is incomprehensible, and the video would be more enjoyable without the endless stream of 1/2 second cuts. Looking forward to a better finished product in the near future.

Perhaps the freshmen haven't learned to speak well into the mic yet. They are not all seasoned pros like Joshua "fabulous interviewer and speaker for when he is retired from basketball, hopefully in well over a decade" Hairston yet.
Agree with Roywhite, lots of fun, nice to see the guys in these days without much hoops to discuss.

OZZIE4DUKE
07-19-2011, 04:47 PM
True dat about the audio. The player in the green t-shirt looks like Tommy Amaker. :cool: Who is it?

The Gordog
07-19-2011, 05:40 PM
True dat about the audio. The player in the green t-shirt looks like Tommy Amaker. :cool: Who is it?

That's Quinn if I'm not mistaken. No resemblence to Tommy at all IMHO.

The Gordog
07-19-2011, 05:42 PM
Nice video from DBP with Tyler and Josh introducing the freshmen. Looks like Kyrie is on campus taking classes and hanging out with the guys. It appears that Quinn may be the Nolan replacement as the talkative likeable guy on the team that everybody is friends with and knows around the country. Josh is also sporting a pretty solid beard - hopefully he can channel that into Zoubek-like ferocity.

That was fun, except for the HORRIBLE sound. Great to see the guys having fun together. Robocop seems a little quiet, perhaps his voice program was offline.

Acymetric
07-19-2011, 08:25 PM
Perhaps the freshmen haven't learned to speak well into the mic yet. They are not all seasoned pros like Joshua "fabulous interviewer and speaker for when he is retired from basketball, hopefully in well over a decade" Hairston yet.
Agree with Roywhite, lots of fun, nice to see the guys in these days without much hoops to discuss.

I just graduated and I'm looking for audio work...who do I call?! ;)

UrinalCake
07-19-2011, 10:05 PM
For some reason Murphy reminds me of Scheyer, both in this video and the other "New Team, Same Standards" video. I'm not really sure why, their faces don't look similar at all and Murphy is a few inches taller. Maybe it's the long neck?

licc85
07-20-2011, 01:08 AM
For some reason Murphy reminds me of Scheyer, both in this video and the other "New Team, Same Standards" video. I'm not really sure why, their faces don't look similar at all and Murphy is a few inches taller. Maybe it's the long neck?

Murph seems a lot more reserved than Scheyer. Jon had a pretty sly sense of humor.