PDA

View Full Version : Entertaining interview with Julius Hodge

magjayran
07-13-2011, 08:35 AM
http://www.wralsportsfan.com/ncsu/audio/9852398/
Not saying I agree with much of this. But it's a fun listen. I hope what he says about Marshall is true.

epoulsen
07-13-2011, 10:03 AM
I don't have speakers on my work computer so I'm not sure if he mentioned this in the interview, but he apparently claims that Doc Rivers will not allow Austin to be a one and done and he will make him return. I take this info with the biggest grain of salt I can find as I'm curious as to how Julius would know this. I've actually been hearing his name alot around the local rumor mill (I live in Raleigh, so local rumor mill means NC State fans), especially with the Pro Am going on, is he becoming some sort of local authority on who is doing what and how good a player is?

Newton_14
07-13-2011, 10:11 PM
I don't have speakers on my work computer so I'm not sure if he mentioned this in the interview, but he apparently claims that Doc Rivers will not allow Austin to be a one and done and he will make him return. I take this info with the biggest grain of salt I can find as I'm curious as to how Julius would know this. I've actually been hearing his name alot around the local rumor mill (I live in Raleigh, so local rumor mill means NC State fans), especially with the Pro Am going on, is he becoming some sort of local authority on who is doing what and how good a player is?

I would actuallly accept Hodge at his word here. The guy is a hoot, and always has been a great interview, but he has always shot straight for the most part. I doubt he would make a comment like that without having inside knowledge. I don't feel he would make something like that up just to be heard.

Interesting either way. I for one hope he is right.

Bluedog
07-14-2011, 12:05 AM
Thanks for the link. I liked Julius' quote about Marshall Plumlee:

"Oh yeah, I love him. He finishes everything. Yeah, he dunks the ball and his head is at the rim. He's a monster [...] I like him."

Then he goes on to say "[Marshall] is going to better than both of [his brothers]."

It seems like the Duke fanbase is happy to have Marshall on board, but in general most are setting fairly low expectations for him, especially freshman year. While he has short arms and probably needs to work on his strength, everybody says he's a major workhorse and the super positive words from Hodge can't come for no reason - he was being pretty blunt with his evaluations of guys.

gep
07-14-2011, 12:12 AM
Then he goes on to say "[Marshall] is going to better than both of [his brothers]."

It seems like the Duke fanbase is happy to have Marshall on board, but in general most are setting fairly low expectations for him, especially freshman year. ...

Maybe this is good for us fans. I rather have this, than wild expectations that just don't pan out. :cool:

I recall the low expectations for Zoubs at the start of his senior year... and we all know how that turned out.

dukeballboy88
07-14-2011, 10:37 AM
WOW, I like the comment about Marshall because if I were his older brothers, there is no way I would let that happen!

Greg_Newton
07-14-2011, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the link. I liked Julius' quote about Marshall Plumlee:

"Oh yeah, I love him. He finishes everything. Yeah, he dunks the ball and his head is at the rim. He's a monster [...] I like him."

It seems like the Duke fanbase is happy to have Marshall on board, but in general most are setting fairly low expectations for him, especially freshman year. While he has short arms and probably needs to work on his strength, everybody says he's a major workhorse and the super positive words from Hodge can't come for no reason - he was being pretty blunt with his evaluations of guys.

Interesting... amazing how much things have changed over couple of years for Marshall. I mean, coming into his junior year, he was a stiff; not even a good athlete. Now he's winning dunk contests with his head at the rim.

I'm happy with my low expectations for him, but I do feel good about having him in the stable down the road. You can just even see that he has better body language than his brothers in those DBP pics; I don't really know to describe it, but he just "stands stronger" than Miles and Mason. Super intense. I like it.