PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Singler Visits Motown

Neals384
07-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Kyle Singler visited Detroit to check out his future home and meet Joe Dumars, Brandon Knight and Vernon Macklin, as reported by the Medford Mail Tribune:

http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110701/SPORTS/107010317&cid=sitesearch

Highlights -

"It was a place I didn't expect to end up, ... but going there and visiting (Detroit), I really think it's going to be a great fit. The whole town and kind of their blue-collar culture, I think I fit in perfect."

"I was really excited when I got back there and talked with Joe Dumars and met with some of the organization people. I feel like everyone in the organization really cares a lot, and the players really respect (Dumars)."

Singler said he interviewed with the Pistons during the NBA pre-draft camp in Chicago, but that was one of many and there was never a follow-up personal workout. Singler's first indication that the Pistons valued his abilities was when his agent sent a text a couple picks prior to his selection that Detroit was going to take him at No. 33.

"I didn't really know Brandon or Vernon that well but getting back there (to Detroit) and talking to them," he added, "they share the same qualities as me and they're on the same page as I am.

Singler said he plans to remain in Southern Oregon until taking a trip next week to London — the premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 awaits, of course — and then will resume his NBA preparations. He also unveiled his new website (kylesingler.com) on Thursday.

weezie
07-05-2011, 09:25 AM
Word from the MI relatiives is that the town is ready and excited to embrace such a hard worker.

SupaDave
07-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Well Detroit has had pretty good luck with Duke draft picks...