PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan's High School love letter

nmduke2001
07-01-2011, 11:10 AM
This made me laugh out loud. MJ even had a gambling problem in high school. He brags about winning a bet.

I guess this just goes to show that we are all stupid at 17.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/-8216-My-dearest-Laquette-8217-A-high-school?urn=nba-wp5843

btw, the type written letter is after the picture of the handwritten letter.

Lord Ash
07-01-2011, 11:25 AM
Is it wrong that I am often stunned at how illiterate many people "sound" when they write? I wish this was less common, but it isn't.

dukelilsis
07-01-2011, 10:55 PM
No, it is not wrong for you to be stunned. If he had sent that to me, I would have corrected it with a red pen and sent it back to him. Yes, I was one of those kids. Actually, I'm one of those adults. I've corrected business letters and mailed them back to the sender. I don't freak out over little things or colloquialisms; however, failing to use a verb drives me insane.

rthomas
07-01-2011, 11:21 PM
This must be a slow slow summer. Yep, it sure is.

dukebsbll14
07-02-2011, 01:13 AM
How Shakespearean.

Damn, if only he was playing or coaching at UNC this year. His dearest Laquette may or may not have made an appearance at the game...

Devilsfan
07-02-2011, 01:01 PM
MJ's command of English is stellar. No wonder he was accepted at UNC. Probably a candidate for their honors program.

Reilly
07-02-2011, 01:29 PM
He has nice handwriting and a pretty signature. My sense is that handwriting is not taught so much in public schools these days. A shame.

I'm having trouble fully understanding the meaning of one part:

"I am finally getting use to going with a girl much smaller than I. I hope you [get] my hint."

What do you think he means by this hint?