PDA

View Full Version : New Offer

Bud
07-10-2007, 10:19 AM
Duke has just offered Kenny Boynton a 09 point guard from FL. That makes 2 guys Duke has offered from the 09 class, and I'm telling you this class is going to be loaded.

ACCBBallFan
07-10-2007, 11:22 AM
Duke has just offered Kenny Boynton a 09 point guard from FL. That makes 2 guys Duke has offered from the 09 class, and I'm telling you this class is going to be loaded.
With Greg and Marty and Dave all leaving in two years, plus who knows what happens with Singler, Henderson and possbly Monroe, Duke has enough roster spots opening up that coach K can afford to again make his offers earlier without sending the wrong signal to his targetted recruit, as opposed to the strategy he is using with Monroe and Elliot Williams when only Nelson's scholarship is open for sure.

VaDukie
07-10-2007, 11:25 AM
With Greg and Marty and Dave all leaving in two years, plus who knows what happens with Singler, Henderson and possbly Monroe, Duke has enough roster spots opening up that coach K can afford to again make his offers earlier without sending the wrong signal to his targetted recruit, as opposed to the strategy he is using with Monroe and Elliot Williams when only Nelson's scholarship is open for sure.

We have 11 players on scholarship currently:
Nelson
Paulus, Marty, McClure
Henderson, Scheyer, Zoubek, Thomas
Singler, Smith, King

So Nelson leaving means we have two scholarships for Williams and Monroe right? Or am I missing something?

jimsumner
07-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Assuming no attrition, Duke can offer three scholarships for the class of '08, six for next two seasons. 13 is the limit.

Hector Vector
07-10-2007, 11:59 AM
Who has Duke offered besides Boynton?

4decadedukie
07-10-2007, 12:31 PM
. . . and isn't '09 the first year that the NCAA's "graduation rate" scholarship sanctions are liable to adversely influence some of our competitors (such as Maryland)?

Bud
07-10-2007, 12:37 PM
Sorry I did not list the other player Duke has offered in 09 when I mentioned Boynton. Duke has also offered Reeves Nelson a 6'7 PF from CA, there are some people saying he will be the next Tyler Hansbrough not as big, but he is only a JR, he still has time to grow. I have seen videos of this guy and he is a beast plays around the rim gets every rebound, and has a good jump shot. I would love to have him but he has other offeres and is going to be hard to pull away from the west coast, also UNC has offered him to. That is why I think Duke should offer Daniel Ortan 6"9 center out of OK, This guy is a beast top 15 player in the class of 09, and he is friends with Sheldon Williams which only helps us. I also like Derrick Favors a 6'9 PF from MD, this guy is very good he is ranked in the top 5 in the class and is having a very strong summer I would love to have this guy. I know I have posted about the 09 class before but I think Duke will have anywhere form 3-5 scholerships to give out in this class and this class is loaded, much deeper than the 08 class.

ACCBBallFan
07-10-2007, 01:34 PM
I think Duke should offer Daniel Ortan 6"9 center out of OK, This guy is a beast top 15 player in the class of 09, and he is friends with Sheldon Williams which only helps us. I also like Derrick Favors a 6'9 PF from MD, this guy is very good he is ranked in the top 5 in the class and is having a very strong summer I would love to have this guy. I know I have posted about the 09 class before but I think Duke will have anywhere form 3-5 scholerships to give out in this class and this class is loaded, much deeper than the 08 class.Though Scout.com does not list Duke as interested in Orton or even higher rated 7' 2" John Riek, I gotta believe Duke is at least keeping tabs on them until they see how Zoubek and Lance perform this year. Even if Duke lands Monroe, he may very well be one and done by time the 2009 class arrives, particularly if Duke goes FF or better with him next year.

watzone
07-10-2007, 03:02 PM
Favors is a serious longshot. Coach K has to actually see a player play before he offers. IE Boynton this week. Still, let me clear the air for you. It is known through channels that there is an offer (my readers knew this two weeks ago), but Coach K cannot talk with KB right now due to NCAA rules. So in truth there will be an offer but it is not official for Duke has yet to talk to him and can't until after the Reebok event.

hurleyfor3
07-11-2007, 01:18 AM
Reeves Nelson? Reeves? That could certainly be the next great First Name Player: Christian, Grant, Trajan, Elton, Shane, Shelden... Reeves. Throw J.J. in there if you want and Lance and Kyle certainly have potential. Not to put pressure on the kid, but I like the sound of Reeves.