PDA

View Full Version : easiest schedulers

m g
06-27-2011, 02:15 PM
According to this - among BCS schools, NC state has had the 6th easiest scheduling over the previous four years. Wake (#13), Miami (#14) and Virginia (#15) are not far behind, and of course V Tech has been missing the tournament lately in large part due to an easy OOC schedule.

I think these numbers are really telling, and part of what K means when he says the conference needs to step up.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/blog?name=ncbexperts&id=6708588

(Note: I have not checked to see whether other conferences have more teams in this, but the ACC should not have this many)

m g
06-27-2011, 02:16 PM
also Duke is 4th hardest, no surprise to me but I'm sure there are a lot of haters who will never believe it

MCFinARL
06-27-2011, 03:49 PM
also Duke is 4th hardest, no surprise to me but I'm sure there are a lot of haters who will never believe it

Yes, many fans of the team down the road go on constantly about Duke's easy scheduling, mostly based on the idea that playing a good team at a neutral site instead of on the team's home court is, by definition, an "easy" game. Granted, Duke's schedule could be even harder if more of those games were played away, but that is different from saying the schedule is easy. [And, for that matter, there is some confusion about this anyway. I remember seeing someone identify games against Georgetown at Verizon Center as "neutral court" games--but Verizon Center is Georgetown's home court now, and has been for a few years, as McDonough Arena is just too small.]