PDA

View Full Version : New! Quinn Cook Interview - Ready for Duke!

watzone
06-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Quinn Cook is a top noth kid that will arrive on the Duke campus July 1st when he will officially become a Duke Blue Devil. Cook is easy to like and he is not coming in with an "I have to start attitude," which is refreshing. Check out this interview with the soon to be Blue Devil where he speaks of many current issues and allows us to share in the latest on him.

http://bluedevilnation.net/2011/06/in-coming-freshman-quinn-cook-opens-up-to-bdn/

DevilWearsPrada
06-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Mark, you are the best! Thanks so much for keeping everyone in the loop and current. I enjoy your articles, interviews and photos so much.

Great read! Again, thanks for posting! Love BDN! And your Twitter.

watzone
06-09-2011, 01:15 PM
We enjoy sharing the occasional interview and or tidbits with our many friends at Duke Basketball Report. Kids like Quinn make my job really easy. Duke continues to get top notch kids on the recruiting trail in both basketball and football and we are all lucky for that.

duke5021
06-09-2011, 01:40 PM
We enjoy sharing the occasional interview and or tidbits with our many friends at Duke Basketball Report. Kids like Quinn make my job really easy. Duke continues to get top notch kids on the recruiting trail in both basketball and football and we are all lucky for that.

Thanks for that interview... Great read

DukieinSoCal
06-09-2011, 06:23 PM
I am really looking forward to watching Quinn play for Duke. Especially after the disappointment of Kyrie missing most of last season, it will be nice to watch a true PG running the show for coach K the next 2-3 years(hopefully 4). It seems like we haven't had a really gifted, natural PG in a long time.

And you can just look at UNC and Marshall to see how much a gifted PG can impact a team. He pretty much transformed UNC from a disjointed group of amazing athletes to a cohesive, well-oiled machine.

I actually think Quinn can have the same impact for Duke given the opportunity. Other than being a couple inches shorter than Marshall, Quinn seems just as gifted with his court vision and passing ability. Plus, with a bit more time to rehab his knee, he'll be quicker and faster than Marshall(he might already be). And he's already a much better shooter than Marshall. I can totally envision Quinn taking over the starting PG duties mid-season and leading us to strong post-season run, very much like Marshall did for UNC last year.