PDA

View Full Version : Blue Devil Nation?

akhan786
06-08-2011, 10:55 PM
Just wondering if there were any BDN subscribers out there.

It's a hefty price and I was just wondering if it's worth it.

Or would I do better spending my money on Rivals or Scout?

Suggestions?

wilko
06-08-2011, 11:33 PM

Suggestions?

I've considered doing the same thing from time to time. The BDN guy posts here regularly. He shares good nuggets for free from time to time, so I'd hazard a guess that his primo stash for subscribers is top shelf. If I were to do it, I'd give the local guy a shot 1st.

Either way PM me and tell me if you think its worth it..

du_bb1
06-09-2011, 06:59 AM
Have been a member since it first started---love it! Great insight into the team and dynamics,
recruiting info--usually spot on and great pvt. chat site.
well worth it--imho

OZZIE4DUKE
06-09-2011, 08:53 AM

Suggestions?
Watzone has been a poster on the DBR from the early days and I've known him personally for over 10 years. His site, BDN, is top notch, and he's expanded his staff to give us better football coverage, as we see with his football recruiting coverage. BDN gets my full unsolicited, uncompensated endorsement.

A word about "inside info". Some is better than others, and BDN's is pretty good, but until "it" really happens, whether "it" is recruiting related, injury status or something else, it is all speculation and should not be taken as gospel.

duke5021
06-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Been a member on here for awhile but usually just read rather than post on this board.

The membership at BDN is well worth it. No other site is closer to the program and actually goes out to do the interviews and be on campus like BDN. Their info is top notch and as a poster above said the premium message board is worth the price alone.

The OP had asked about price, and its the same as any other premo site that is out there. If your looking for the best Duke coverage on not only Duke Basketball, but Duke Athletics, there is no better option.

Feel free to shoot me an email if you'd like further details, as I'd be glad to discuss.

yancem
06-09-2011, 02:38 PM
I've subscribed to BDN for a couple of years and have been very pleased with the content. The message board isn't as active as DBR's but there is also a lot fewer junk posts to wade through so it is a bit of a trade off. They have some very knowledgeable posters that provide a lot of insight into the program and recruiting. All in all, I would say its well worth the money.

PaIronDuke
06-09-2011, 04:29 PM
My Duke experiences go back to 1940, my graduation to 1954, and my interest in Duke athletics is ongoing (Iron Duke, giver, etc.) IMHO, Mark Watson's Blue Devil Nation is rapidly establishing a standard for excellence in relevant, reliable reporting on Duke basketball and football that is unequalled. It's well worth the price if you have continuing, serious interest in Duke athletics beyond occasional curiousity..........

akhan786
06-09-2011, 10:53 PM
Thanks everyone for the help.

I'm sure BDN will thoroughly quench my thirst for up to date information on Duke Athletics. :D