PDA

View Full Version : Kelvin Sampson rebounding?

BD80
06-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Gary Parrish indicates that Kelvin Sampson is in the running for the Detroit Pistons job, and is experiencing a bit of a career renaissance after getting a "death" penalty from the NCAA.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/15204828/sampsons-career-arc-a-sign-for-other-troubled-college-coaches

Interesting. Can't say I'd mind him as the Pistons' coach.

Local talk is that ex-Hawks coach, Mike Woodson, is the leading candidate, which might be a good hire. Do Hawk fans agree?

I prefer Rick Adelman, who has been a great coach for Houston, and could well be rejuvenated with a fresh start.

roywhite
06-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Thanks for posting. Sampson seemed like a smart, likable guy; made some mistakes and then had the really poor judgment of essentially repeating those mistakes.

He's paid a price, and may do well with another opportunity. Some guys are probably better suited for coaching in the NBA vs the college game. We'll see how he does.

weezie
06-07-2011, 09:20 AM
Oooh, Adelman would be a fine choice! If there's one thing the Pistons need is a firm, strong disciplinarian.
Of course, it won't happen, but it would be terrific.

NSDukeFan
06-07-2011, 10:13 AM
I think his brother Ralph was a much better rebounder, before injuries derailed his career.

Turtleboy
06-07-2011, 04:52 PM
I think his brother Ralph was a much better rebounder, before injuries derailed his career.
I would be really surprised if he averages more than 3 or 4 game.