PDA

View Full Version : Confusion on DBR

allenmurray
06-04-2011, 12:54 PM
I'm confused. Issues in headlines are usually considered topics appropriate for discussion on the main board. But if we discuss this we'll be in PPB territory, whch is forbidden.

Dude, Where’s My State?
by DBR, June 3rd, 2011 | Our Call |
Barring a last-minute plea bargain, former Senator John Edwards is expected to be indicted Friday. That’s bad enough on it’s own but place it in its proper context: since 1997, North Carolina has seen a speaker of the house, a commissioner of agriculture, a lieutenant governor, and a governor convicted of serious crimes.

In addition, when the legislature was very closely split, one Republican member switched parties and was later found to have accepted a bribe to do so.

There was a time when North Carolina had fairly clean government, or at least people practiced graft and corruption well enough to keep it out of the news.

No more. The only difference between state government here and in New Jersey or Illinois is that our accent is nicer and even there, standards are slipping.

Bob Green
06-04-2011, 01:07 PM
I'm confused. Issues in headlines are usually considered topics appropriate for discussion on the main board. But if we discuss this we'll be in PPB territory, whch is forbidden.

DBR headlines are almost always fair game so go ahead and discuss it while remembering to abide by all DBR posting guidelines:

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?21833-Decorum-amp-Posting-Guidelines-%28Please-read-before-posting!%29

Civility is key.