PDA

View Full Version : Men's Golf Team reaches Match Play at NCAA Championships

fitimi1
06-02-2011, 10:27 PM
The team shot the low round of the day to end up in eighth place and get into match play starting tomorrow. GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!!

fitimi1
06-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Duke, the number eight seed, beat UCLA, the number one seed today 3-2 to advance to the semifinals tomorrow.

GO DEVILS!!!!

Duke76
06-03-2011, 09:31 PM
big deal down here in Atlanta, played golf w 3 Ga guys today......want to beat them bad tomorrow, go devils

SCMatt33
06-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Duke has been really good at match play, this year, going to 6-0 as a team with today's win. Individually, Duke is 19-5-2 in matches. While Duke plays Georgia tomorrow, I'm guessing that most of the attention will be on the other semi-final, Ok St. vs. Augusta State. Not only is Ok St the number 1 ranked team in the country and tournament host, but it is a rematch of last year's title match in which ASU upset Ok St.

ChicagoCrazy84
06-03-2011, 10:51 PM
Congrats Duke for reaching the Semifinals!!!

I love it and I'll be rooting for them against UGA.

I interned with the AJGA in 2006, my senior year of college so I know a lot of these kids. Brinson Paolini and Wes Roach are great golfers. Wes one of the top players in his class and they'll go as far as Roach and Paolini take them. Im somewhat familiar with Austin Cody, it seems like he has a lot of game. Wes Roach vs. Hudson Swafford will be a key match and we'll need Tim Gornik to play a lot better against Russell Henley to give us a chance. Im worried about Julian Suri against TJ Mitchell, but other than that I think we match up well.

chrishoke
06-04-2011, 09:49 AM
What a great accomplishment! Now let's go out and crush the dogs!

fitimi1
06-04-2011, 04:11 PM
Unfortunately, the trip ended today. The team put up a great fight, but just fell short.
We can all be very proud of them.