PDA

View Full Version : Krzyzewski, Woijciechowski, Domzalski - Oh my!

OZZIE4DUKE
06-02-2011, 09:41 AM
By the way, although we long ago mastered Krzyzewski, we still struggle to spell Wojciechowski. We’ve often wondered what it is like for kids in his family when it comes time to learn to spell their last name. So says the DBR on today's front page.

It's time for me to brag a bit (not that you've EVER heard me do that in this forum before... :cool:). Back when Wojo and Taymen Domzalzki were on the team, my daughter was about 14 and in full-fledged Junior Cameron Crazie mode. She developed an amazing talent, which she exhibited for many early readers/founding members of Juliovision/DBR at games in Cameron Indoor Stadium (Carlos, Stray Gator, Julio and I think Boswel are included in this group). She could clearly spell all three names - Krzyzewski, Woijciechowski and Domzalski - in under 4 seconds, and you could clearly hear each letter enunciated. There were no letters slurred together like a child might do when reciting the alphabet song. Most of us can barely say all three names clearly in that short amount of time, much less spell them from memory! Just reading the letters in Woijciechowski gets me tongue tied! You try it :D

[/brag mode]

roywhite
06-02-2011, 09:46 AM
So says the DBR on today's front page.

It's time for me to brag a bit (not that you've EVER heard me do that in this forum before... :cool:). Back when Wojo and Taymen Domzalzki were on the team, my daughter was about 14 and in full-fledged Junior Cameron Crazie mode. She developed an amazing talent, which she exhibited for many early readers/founding members of Juliovision/DBR at games in Cameron Indoor Stadium (Carlos, Stray Gator, Julio and I think Boswel are included in this group). She could clearly spell all three names - Krzyzewski, Woijciechowski and Domzalski - in under 4 seconds, and you could clearly hear each letter enunciated. There were no letters slurred together like a child might do when reciting the alphabet song. Most of us can barely say all three names clearly in that short amount of time, much less spell them from memory! Just reading the letters in Woijciechowski gets me tongue tied! You try it :D

[/brag mode]

Wojo has two eyes, so to speak.

Saratoga2
06-02-2011, 10:04 AM
So says the DBR on today's front page.

[/brag mode]

Here's a guy that would fit right in. Maybe she could spell all 4 in 5 seconds!

DukieInKansas
06-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Todd Zafirovski was on the roster this past season. Have to like names that have multiple consonents in a row.

airowe
06-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Wojo has two eyes, so to speak.

Haha, well said.

And Ozzie, what you are doing is affectionately called a HumbleBrag these days. Check out their twitter feed @HumbleBrag (http://twitter.com/#!/Humblebrag)

UrinalCake
06-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Back when Wojo and Taymen Domzalzki were on the team...

I believe it's Taymon Domzalski. Don't worry, my daughter is only four but I already know she will be smarter than me.

OZZIE4DUKE
06-02-2011, 09:13 PM
I believe it's Taymon Domzalski. Don't worry, my daughter is only four but I already know she will be smarter than me.
LOL! I said SHE could spell his name, not me! What's funny is I got it right in the title of the thread and then messed it up in the body. Guess as a member of the spelling police that's not funny. Three lashes with a wet noodle for me, but I'm not going back to Siberia for it...

roywhite
06-02-2011, 09:21 PM
LOL! I said SHE could spell his name, not me! What's funny is I got it right in the title of the thread and then messed it up in the body. Guess as a member of the spelling police that's not funny. Three lashes with a wet noodle for me, but I'm not going back to Siberia for it...

Uh, Oz, the spelling police may add to the list of charges.

You spell our big man's coach as "Woijciechowski"
It's actually "Wojciechowski"

You had an extra "i" in there, as I was hoping to point out in an earlier post.
Extra credit to your daughter since her dad obviously didn't do her school work. :)

OZZIE4DUKE
06-02-2011, 09:32 PM

Extra credit to your daughter since her dad obviously didn't do her school work. :)
OK, 4 lashes with a wet noodle. :p:cool:

devildeac
06-02-2011, 11:16 PM

Ozzie was an enginear, whaddaya expect?:rolleyes:

http://crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/24.gif

Indoor66
06-03-2011, 09:03 AM
Ozzie was an enginear, whaddaya expect?:rolleyes:

http://crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/24.gif

Wat is he now?