PDA

View Full Version : Kyle gets more buckets

markbdevil
05-23-2011, 10:44 AM
From Duke Blue Planet:
http://www.dukeblueplanet.com/

DevilWearsPrada
05-23-2011, 11:28 AM
Duke Blue Planet makes awesome videos! Kyle Gets Buckets 2.0 is excellent! Loved seeing Kyle make buckets throughout Duke Campus! Loved the buckets from the diving board, and most of all from the top of the Duke Chapel!

Coach K evens makes a cameo in KGB 2.0 (Kyle Gets Buckets) 2.0. And Kyle says at the end of the video, the best place to get Buckets is at Duke University and also he says: "Buckets, Buckets, Chapel Bucket!"

Love it!

Gonna miss that Kyle Singler next season and all the Buckets he has made every game for the last 4 years! Job well done, Kyle!

BluePanda
05-23-2011, 01:15 PM
I saw Kyle doing the shot in front of CIEMAS in person and it was actually really windy that day. If they did the chapel shots on the same day that would bring a whole new level of impressiveness since wind would definitely become a factor at that height.

I also sort of wish they put the number of shots it took to get each. I know it may "de-mystify" the idea to some degree but it'd still be interesting to know. If either of the chapel shots took fewer than 10 tries, that would be amazing...

...but not unexpected for Kyle.

tbyers11
05-23-2011, 03:02 PM
I saw Kyle doing the shot in front of CIEMAS in person and it was actually really windy that day. If they did the chapel shots on the same day that would bring a whole new level of impressiveness since wind would definitely become a factor at that height.

I also sort of wish they put the number of shots it took to get each. I know it may "de-mystify" the idea to some degree but it'd still be interesting to know. If either of the chapel shots took fewer than 10 tries, that would be amazing...

...but not unexpected for Kyle.

Duke Blue Planet tweeted (http://twitter.com/#!/dukeblueplanet/status/72682897219391488) that Kyle swished the Chapel shot on his fourth try and and then deliberately bounced the next shot (fifth total) in. That is impressive from that height.

JasonEvans
05-23-2011, 03:52 PM
Here is the video from YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBSQf0wWiKw

I am going to add a poll to this thread... which is your favorite bucket?

-Jason "vote early and often" Evans

The Gordog
05-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Here is the video from YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBSQf0wWiKw

I am going to add a poll to this thread... which is your favorite bucket?

-Jason "vote early and often" Evans

Not just a diving board, but the 10M platform. That's a long fall!

OZZIE4DUKE
05-23-2011, 04:13 PM
I voted for the diving board shot. That's something I can (almost) relate to! We've all done that as kids, either trying to catch a ball as it was thrown or throwing a ball at someone or something as we jumped/dove off the board. Of course, it was usually a 3 foot board, not a 10 meter platform! Most impressive :cool:

chadlee989
05-23-2011, 06:04 PM
Kyle made it on the opening of sports center.

Newton_14
05-23-2011, 09:01 PM
I voted for Duke Chapel Swish as that is an incredibly long and tough shot. Duke Chapel Bounce has to be my second, especially given that was achieved on one attempt.

3rd is over the tent, and 4th would be the one where his back is to the basket, and he bounces it off the corner of a ledge and backwards up into the hoop. The coolest shot was the one while jumping off the diving platform. Given my numerous knee surgeries, and knowing he had minor knee surgery last fall, that one made me cringe though!

Very cool video. Hope everyone takes the time to watch it!

HaveFunExpectToWin
05-24-2011, 04:34 PM
Duke Blue Planet tweeted (http://twitter.com/#!/dukeblueplanet/status/72682897219391488) that Kyle swished the Chapel shot on his fourth try and and then deliberately bounced the next shot (fifth total) in. That is impressive from that height.

40% shooting from long range ain't bad.

NovaScotian
05-24-2011, 07:08 PM
40% shooting from long range ain't bad.

Yea, if only he took all his threes this year from the top of the chapel.

duke09hms
05-24-2011, 07:18 PM
Yea, if only he took all his threes this year from the top of the chapel.

hahaha too true

DevilWearsPrada
06-01-2011, 04:04 PM
KGB 2.0 from the Duke Chapel to the Diving Board. That kid is amazing!

With the close of the lacrosse season, and 3 months of hot summer days, and awaiting Football Season; it is nice revisiting Duke Blue Planet or YouTube to see videos and highlights of Duke. And especially KYLE GETS BUCKETS.

I am going to miss that #12 getting Buckets at Duke! So glad he choose Duke and stayed 4 years.

The Duke Chapel will have extra meaning now, with the Duke Chapel Swish and Duke Chapel Bounce.

weezie
06-01-2011, 04:32 PM
I enjoyed his big hearty laugh, too, but the chapel swisher is my pick.

zoroaster
06-01-2011, 06:19 PM
The chapel bounce one struck me as, if anything, harder than the swish, but he made it look easy, like an afterthought. :cool:

ricks68
06-01-2011, 10:25 PM
My favorite for this video was the swish, but I actually liked the first video better overall. It just seemed like a slicker production and was more a little more fun to watch. ;)

ricks

darjum
06-02-2011, 05:33 AM
The chapel shot is a metaphor in my mind for how great Kyle was at Duke. No fan of Duke basketball couldn't appreciate his journey from freshman to senior and the heights (pun intended) he would achieve!