PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose Officially is the NBA MVP - Testament to Coach K and USA basketball

Class of '94
05-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Here is the link to an espn article that makes it official that Rose is the MVP of the NBA for the 2010-11 season. http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=64711 .

I can see Coach Cal trying to claim some credit for Rose; but this article talked about how much of a leap Rose made during the summer by being on the US National team; and I remember reading in an article or post game interview from the summer how Rose credited Coach K with giving him a better understanding of how to play basketball. I would think that Rose's achievement would continue to be a positive reflection on Coach K and the USA basketball coaching staff. I don't think it's a coincidence that many of the young stars on the National team like Rose, Durant and Westbrook have made big leaps this year as a result of being coached by Coach K. Our Carolina posters may disagree; but I would think that Rose's achievement would be very positive in recruiting for Coach K when HS school kids can see the kind of impact Coach K has on helping young NBA stars improve their games by playing for K.

What do you guys think?

Mcluhan
05-03-2011, 07:42 PM
The 2010 team boasts an unprecedented number of dudes who made the leap the following year: Durant is the league's most unstoppable scorer, Gay was the Griz' best player until two weeks ago, Westbrook was an all-star, Love won the rebounding title and almost single handedly made boardwork cool again, Iguodola leads his team a hard fought 6 games against the Heat, Chandler is giving the Mavs true toughness they've never had (yes Haywood, I'm looking at you), Odom wins 6th man, Rose wins MVP.... i mean, that's startling.

I think a single elimination tournament in a foreign country is probably a super healthy thing 3-5 years into a pro career. And Coach K gives them structure on defense and freedom on offense. It's like a graduate school course. It's like Top Gun.

JasonEvans
05-03-2011, 08:12 PM
There are 4 main awards that recognize excellence in the NBA each year: MVP, Most Improved, Defensive, and 6th Man.

That is it... only 4 awards (plus the All-NBA teams, but there are multiple winners there).

So, those 4 awards this year were won by...

MVP - Derrick Rose, who took "the leap" after playing for K over the summer
6th Man - Lamar Odom, who set career highs in FG percentage, 3pt FG percentage, and improved his scoring by almost 40% from last year after playing for K over the summer
Most Improved - Kevin Love, who took "the leap" after playing for K over the summer
Defensive POY - Dwight Howard

3 of those guys have something in common... can anyone place it?

--Jason "is there is any doubt as to whether K would be a massive success in the NBA, I think the past 9 months have put that to rest" Evans

kong123
05-03-2011, 08:19 PM
I doubt Coach K had much to do with Rose being the MVP. I understand the train of thought, this is a Duke board, but you could also say that Lebron wasn't the MVP this year because he was coached by K. Neither statement is true.

I am sure he had a great experience last summer winning a gold medal and I believe he learned a lot throughout the process. Coach K and Duke cannot take credit for all of it, nor enough of it to make it matter on the recruiting trail.

weezie
05-03-2011, 08:24 PM
Is Duke or K taking credit for all of it? Doesn't look like it to me.

K would be the first to compliment Rose for his hard work.

roywhite
05-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Here's one opinion that notes the crucial role of Coach K in Derrick Rose's improvement

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/660194-mike-krzyzewski-why-derrick-rose-wouldnt-win-the-mvp-without-him

The second reason is Coach K. He is a phenomenal coach and Derrick certainly benefited from just being with him and his coaching. By spending a summer learning from his and staff Derrick has been able to better his game. And it has to be the time he spend with Coach K as the differentiating factor because that is the biggest difference in his summer from his prior years in his career.

Don't get me wrong, Derrick would not be the player he is without his own grueling workouts. And Tom Thibodeau has done wonders for his game and will continue to do so. But the time spend with Coach K must have been a differentiating factor from his season last year to his performance this year.

Newton_14
05-03-2011, 08:34 PM
I doubt Coach K had much to do with Rose being the MVP. I understand the train of thought, this is a Duke board, but you could also say that Lebron wasn't the MVP this year because he was coached by K. Neither statement is true.

I am sure he had a great experience last summer winning a gold medal and I believe he learned a lot throughout the process. Coach K and Duke cannot take credit for all of it, nor enough of it to make it matter on the recruiting trail.

Not so fast Kong. I knew you would dispute it, but Rose is on record as saying K helped his game. Like it or not, appreciate it or not, the man can coach and teach the game of basketball on any level. He is quite simply the best of his time.

Many of the NBA guys who have now played for K will tell you he helped them improve.

kong123
05-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Not so fast Kong. I knew you would dispute it, but Rose is on record as saying K helped his game. Like it or not, appreciate it or not, the man can coach and teach the game of basketball on any level. He is quite simply the best of his time.

Many of the NBA guys who have now played for K will tell you he helped them improve.

I am not going to deny that Coach K is a great coach and that Rose learned a lot the helped him this year, but drawing the conclusion that everyone playing on Team USA had career years because they played for Coach K is reaching a bit, don't you think? Rose played with Kobe, LeBron, Wade, and a few other perennial all-stars last summer too didn't he? Think he learned anything being around those guys? A few years ago, you guys were running him into the ground because of the NCAA investigation into his SAT test and now that he has played for Coach K for a few months and won the MVP, you claim him? I think its a bit silly. If roles were flipped and a UNC fan claimed the same thing, would you agree?

roywhite
05-03-2011, 08:56 PM
I am not going to deny that Coach K is a great coach and that Rose learned a lot the helped him this year, but drawing the conclusion that everyone playing on Team USA had career years because they played for Coach K is reaching a bit, don't you think? Rose played with Kobe, LeBron, Wade, and a few other perennial all-stars last summer too didn't he? Think he learned anything being around those guys? A few years ago, you guys were running him into the ground because of the NCAA investigation into his SAT test and now that he has played for Coach K for a few months and won the MVP, you claim him? I think its a bit silly. If roles were flipped and a UNC fan claimed the same thing, would you agree?

Hmmm...a check of the record makes it difficult to see just how we could "flip" the roles here.

2002 FIBA
USA 6th Place
Coach: George Karl

2004 Olympics
USA Bronze Medal (4 losses)
Coach: Larry Brown

2008 Olympics
USA Gold Medal
Coach: Mike Krzyzewski

2010 FIBA
USA Gold Medal

Help me out here...was there a lot of discussion following the 2002 and 2004 international competitions about how Karl and Brown had been a terrific influence on the development of the players?

kong123
05-03-2011, 09:00 PM
Hmmm...a check of the record makes it difficult to see just how we could "flip" the roles here.

2002 FIBA
USA 6th Place
Coach: George Karl

2004 Olympics
USA Bronze Medal (4 losses)
Coach: Larry Brown

2008 Olympics
USA Gold Medal

2010 Olympics
USA Gold Medal

Help me out here...was there a lot of discussion following the 2002 and 2004 international competitions about how Karl and Brown had been a terrific influence on the development of the players?

Please do not deflect. If the exact roles were reversed, where a UNC coach won the gold medal and a player from that team won the MVP of the NBA the following year, would you accept that the UNC coachs presence played a significant role in the players improvement?

And please, do not shoot back, well.... a UNC coach hasn't won a gold medal. Stay on topic and try to answer the question honestly.

roywhite
05-03-2011, 09:06 PM
Please do not deflect. If the exact roles were reversed, where a UNC coach won the gold medal and a player from that team won the MVP in the NBA the following year, would you accept that the UNC coach played a significant role in the players improvement?

And please, do not shoot back, well.... a UNC coach hasn't won a gold medal. Stay on topic and try to answer the question honestly.

So I should choose the hypothetical example over the actual results?

Coach K did a great job and the Carolina coaches did not. Here's some analysis of Larry Brown's job in the 2004 Olympics.

Olympics: Larry Brown didn't work wonders (http://www.insidehoops.com/brown-olympics-090204.shtml)

There is no question in anyone's mind, including the opponents of the US team, that we had the most talent. The squad had more game than EA Sports. Here's what happened: no defense, especially behind the 3-point arc, and no pure shooters to combat the zone D. And this despite the fact that the three-point line was much closer and we had strong defensive players like Richard Jefferson and Tim Duncan?

What the US needed was an athletic team to respond to the high screen and roll - the play that every team ran against the United States easier than Sunday morning. It seemed the American players kept falling back into NBA-style defense of giving up the long 3 as opposed to a lay-up. The problem is that the international teams run the high screen and roll to get the open three. The logical conclusion is that Brown did not emphasize getting out on those shooters instead of stopping the screeners break to the hoop.

Surely you can find better topics on which to try your light blue spin. We see examples of 2008 and 2010 players themselves raving about the experience of playing under Coach K. That's powerful, and unsolicited testimony.

Newton_14
05-03-2011, 09:08 PM

We are not claiming Rose, just claiming that he grew as a player after spending the summer learning under K. As for running him in the ground, I never did that, and most of the negative comments I read were directed at Cal, not Rose.

And if "roles were flipped" and a UNC fan wanted to claim K helped all of these guys I would certainly agree!:cool:

Seriously, if the teacher were Dean Smith, then yes, I would likely agree. Roy is a good coach but I can't put him on the same level as K nor Dean.

kong123
05-03-2011, 09:12 PM
Below is a recap of those US Teams that had coaches from UNC. Those teams didn't have Kobe or many of the other big names of the day. I guess you can blame all of that on the UNC coaches?

2004 Olympics (Athens) – The Nightmare Team
Main article: Basketball at the 2004 Summer Olympics
The close outcome of 2000 and the humiliating results of 2002 prompted a number of NBA superstars to agree to join the team for the FIBA Americas Championship 2003, which the squad was required to participate in to qualify for the 2004 Summer Olympics. The team easily cruised to a first-place finish, earning it a spot in Athens, Greece the following summer.
However, the dominant team that competed in 2003 could not be kept together. Nine of its 12 players elected not to participate in Athens. The revamped 2004 team consisted of some young NBA stars early in their careers, such as Carmelo Anthony and LeBron James, but also included recent Most Valuable Players Tim Duncan and Allen Iverson. The team was coached by Larry Brown.
After struggles in several exhibition matches, the vulnerability of the 2004 team was confirmed when Puerto Rico defeated them 92–73 in the first game of the Olympic tournament in Athens. The 19 point defeat was the most lopsided loss for the USA in the history of international competition.
After winning close games against Greece and Australia, The USA fell to Lithuania, dropping to 2–2 in the Olympic tournament. Even after an 89–53 win over Angola, the Americans entered the knockout rounds in fourth place due to goal average, the lowest seed of their group. The Americans faced undefeated Spain in their quarterfinal game, winning 102–94.
However, the semi-final match saw the team defeated by Argentina, 89–81, ending the United States' hold on the gold medal. The USA did rebound to capture the bronze medal by defeating Lithuania.[22] Still, it marked only the third time that an American team failed to win gold (excluding 1980 Moscow Olympics boycott), and the first time for an American team composed of professionals. Before 2004, American teams had only lost two games in all previous Olympic tournaments, whereas in this one the American team lost three.
[edit]2006–2008
Following the disappointments in 2002 and 2004, USA Basketball appointed Jerry Colangelo to be solely responsible for selecting the team. Colangelo made it clear that he would ask players for a three-year commitment—the 2006 FIBA World Championship and the 2008 Summer Olympics. In the 2006 Worlds, the team was eliminated by Greece at the semifinals, after a dramatic match. The head coach was Duke University's Mike Krzyzewski, with assistants Jim Boeheim, Mike D'Antoni, and Nate McMillan. While some prominent players, such as Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett, stated that they did not plan to play for the team, superstars Dwyane Wade, Kobe Bryant and LeBron James publicly announced their commitment for the 2006 Worlds and the ensuing 2008 Olympics. Wade, James and Carmelo Anthony were named captains of the 2006 USA World Championship Team.

kong123
05-03-2011, 09:15 PM
We are not claiming Rose, just claiming that he grew as a player after spending the summer learning under K. As for running him in the ground, I never did that, and most of the negative comments I read were directed at Cal, not Rose.

And if "roles were flipped" and a UNC fan wanted to claim K helped all of these guys I would certainly agree!:cool:

Seriously, if the teacher were Dean Smith, then yes, I would likely agree. Roy is a good coach but I can't put him on the same level as K nor Dean.

This isn't a UNC/Duke thing for me. I just think its funny when a fanbase claims an NBA player because he played for K for a couple of months. Kobe would have played at Duke. Rose won the MVP because of K. I think those are silly statements. I just felt I needed to keep a few of you honest on this matter. Last I will say on the matter.

Class of '94
05-03-2011, 10:01 PM
This isn't a UNC/Duke thing for me. I just think its funny when a fanbase claims an NBA player because he played for K for a couple of months. Kobe would have played at Duke. Rose won the MVP because of K. I think those are silly statements. I just felt I needed to keep a few of you honest on this matter. Last I will say on the matter.

Again, no one is claiming Rose for Duke. The fact is Rose stated that playihg for K helped him; and I believe he even said that he would've loved to play for K in college. A duke fan didn't say it.....Rose did. Why is it so hard for you to believe that the time spent with K over the summer had an impact on these players? Those players gained confidence from being champions over the summer; and carried it over to this season. Lebron, D-wade and Carmelo became better players after their firet experience under Coach K, You could see that in the way Lebron played defense the following season. Moreover, why do you think it is silly to think that Kobe would've went to Duke when even his HS coach said that where's Kobe would've gone had he chosen to go to college because of his relationship with Coach K. Keep in mind that when Phil left the Lakers, K was the coach Kobe really wanted.

weezie
05-04-2011, 08:13 AM
I think those are silly statements.

Pot, meet kettle.

sagegrouse
05-04-2011, 08:36 AM
Here's the germane quote from the ESPN article:

The Chicago-born point guard had a breakout third season, averaging 25 points, 7.7 assists and 4.1 rebounds. After a summer with the U.S. National team, Rose made a significant leap.

Clearly the US National team experience was a watershed Rose. Maybe it was K and the coaching staff. Maybe it was Rose's seeing that he was as good as anyone on the US team.

The same thing happened a fortiori (Does anyone know what this means?) for Kevin Love.

sagegrouse

kong123
05-04-2011, 08:59 AM
Clearly the US National team experience was a watershed Rose. Maybe it was K and the coaching staff. Maybe it was Rose's seeing that he was as good as anyone on the US team.

I think it is fair to say this. I think saying it was more K than the overall experience of playing in the Olympics and playing with the best in the world is self serving.

darjum
05-04-2011, 09:01 AM

Hi Kong123, I can understand why you got your feathers a bit ruffled over this thread. From my perspective it is the word "Testament" in the thread title. Testament, as in a proof, attestation, or tribute (Dictionary.com) to Coach K and his involvement with the United States basketball team. Which obviously there is no measurable correlation between Rose's MVP and his international basketball experience.

Could Rose's participation and starting role in the World Championships have a correlation to his performance this year, of course. Could it be that Rose, as with many of his peers that did well this year from a statistical upgrading perspective, simply be making the jump from young inexperienced player to veteran status, again possibly. But the experience that Rose and his colleagues gained this summer certainly appears to have helped, even for a 11 year vet such as Lamar Odom, who is having one of his better statistical seasons, the experience appears to have had a "positive reflection".

The primary reason Rose won the MVP is the leagues best record, coupled with the expansion of his game (ast, stl, blk, pts, 3pt %, FT% all career highs - making 128 3's compared to 32 his first two years) that allowed him to be crowned the leagues youngest MVP.

Did K have a hand in that, maybe, maybe not. But Kyle Singler and Nolan Smith are testaments to Coach K, Derrick Rose is but a positive reflection of Coach K and USA basketball.

duke09hms
05-04-2011, 09:02 AM
I don't think there is any disagreement that Derrick Rose's experience with Team USA and Coach K was immensely helpful for him. Last summer without a doubt made him a better teammate and a better player.

Everyone agrees with that statement. However, it is much different to go from saying that to saying "Derrick Rose won the MVP BECAUSE of that summer with Team USA and Coach K."

That is a fallacy claiming causation, and I think that's what Kong is arguing against, and I agree with that. Coach K made DRose a better player, but did Coach K win DRose the MVP? Maybe maybe not. His MVP was the culmination of a lot of factors, and K's coaching was one of them.

Billy Dat
05-04-2011, 02:19 PM
I love USA Basketball and have been following it closely since I was a young kid.

I think K deserves credit for a lot of thing related to USA Basketball, but many of the things he gets credit for are things he did arm and arm with Jerry Colangelo. First, K stepped up and accepted the gig when doing so was far from a guarantee of success, the same could be said for Colangelo. The two of them forged a close relationship that laid the groundwork for the whole thing.

Next, the two of them created an environment of success with the way the whole process ran...from the selection process, to the facilities, to the staff, etc. By all accounts, save for Agent 0's feelings on the subject of him being cut, all of those facets have been handled expertly.

Now, while I think K helped Rose, I also think the other coaches helped him, and playing against the best in the world and excelling helped most of all. Going into last summer, nearly every guy on the squad was considered a second tier superstar, specifically in the tier below the guys on the 2008 Olympic team. I think the experience they had winning the World Championship galvanized their confidence. Knowing that K is a master of psychology, I am sure he was pumping them up and helping that confidence grow. I am sure he talked a lot about Kobe and his experiences witnessing his work ethic (there's a great story in his post 2008 olympics book about Kobe having Johnny Dawkins put him through a 4+ hour workout)...I am sure he did all those things, which I am sure played a part.

Where it helps in recruiting, I think, is that K can now claim inside knowledge of the best players in the game, their work habits, etc. So, when he sits down with a kid, he can say, "I think you have the potential to be as good a passer as Lebron, and here's why based on what I've seen him do in practices, and here's how he works on his game".

As far as those taking shots at George Karl and Larry Brown and what happened in 2002 and 2004, that's not really fair. USA Basketball was in the process of bottoming out and many of the best players didn't show up, nor did they have the facilities/staff/support that K had. Could they have done a better job making lemons into lemonade? Certainly, especially Brown. But, they weren't dealt the same deck as K.

InSpades
05-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Rose played with Kobe, LeBron, Wade, and a few other perennial all-stars last summer too didn't he? Think he learned anything being around those guys?

I think it is fair to say this. I think saying it was more K than the overall experience of playing in the Olympics and playing with the best in the world is self serving.

I'm reasonably sure if you don't know what tournament he was playing in or who his teammates were then you don't know much about the situation.

dukeballboy88
05-04-2011, 03:43 PM
K autographed my book A Gold Standard a couple years ago, I shook his hand, the next week I was better at my job. I would be the employee of the month if I got to spend 3 months learning under him!

kong123
05-04-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm reasonably sure if you don't know what tournament he was playing in or who his teammates were then you don't know much about the situation.

what does this mean? :confused:

phaedrus
05-04-2011, 03:55 PM
I don't think there is any disagreement that Derrick Rose's experience with Team USA and Coach K was immensely helpful for him. Last summer without a doubt made him a better teammate and a better player.

Everyone agrees with that statement. However, it is much different to go from saying that to saying "Derrick Rose won the MVP BECAUSE of that summer with Team USA and Coach K."

That is a fallacy claiming causation, and I think that's what Kong is arguing against, and I agree with that. Coach K made DRose a better player, but did Coach K win DRose the MVP? Maybe maybe not. His MVP was the culmination of a lot of factors, and K's coaching was one of them.

Kong is the only one who mentioned a straightforward causal relationship. That is a textbook straw man.

DukieInKansas
05-04-2011, 03:57 PM

I don't believe Kobe, Lebron, or Wade played in the World Championships last summer.

kong123
05-04-2011, 04:03 PM
Kong is the only one who mentioned a straightforward causal relationship. That is a textbook straw man.

Why use a word like that? I had to go and look it up.

kong123
05-04-2011, 04:05 PM
I don't believe Kobe, Lebron, or Wade played in the World Championships last summer.

You are right, made a mistake.

rsvman
05-04-2011, 04:06 PM
I, for one (and at long last), will answer kong's direct question.

If Roy Williams coached the USA team, and then Rose won the MVP, and then kong said, in essence, that it was Roy's coaching that enabled Rose to win the MVP award, I'd definitely cry "BS."

To be fair, though, I'm not sure that most guys who have posted in this thread are really saying that. Sure, Jason's post was making implications (the kind that would really get me riled up if the shoe were, as they say, on the other foot). Aside from that, most of the posts have been less exclamatory.

Maybe we can agree that the experience of playing on the USA team under the auspices of Coach K had a positive effect (however large or small) on Rose's game that probably contributed at least in part to his improvement. Since Rose himself said so, I guess that unless we have information that directly contradicts his statement, we'll just have to take him at his word.

InSpades
05-04-2011, 04:15 PM

Additionally, Derrick Rose has never played in the Olympics.

I actually think the biggest benefit for those guys (Durant, Love, Rose, Westbrook) was that they weren't playing w/ Kobe/Lebron/Carmello/Howard. I think it's very easy for younger players to defer to those guys (who wouldn't?). Without those guys around other people had to step up and take the lead. Coincidentally... leadership is something Coach K knows how to teach.

pfrduke
05-04-2011, 04:16 PM

Last summer, Rose played in the World Championships, not (as you said) the Olympics.

Last summer, Wade, Kobe, and LeBron did not participate in any USA Basketball activities - they took the summer off. There were almost no established all-stars on last year's world championships squad - it was Rose, Curry, Gordon, Billups, Durant, Gay, Granger, Westbrook, Love, Odom, Chandler, and Iguodala. That group had 8 all-star appearances prior to this season, 5 of which belonged to Billups (the others were Durant, Granger, and Rose).

They're details that don't, on a substantive basis, change your argument (which is flawed for the separate reason that, as others have pointed out, no one is trying to "claim" Rose for Duke/K or claim that K is solely responsible for Rose winning the MVP), but it certainly weakens your position when your statements about what else may have improved Rose's game are things that unquestionably did not happen last summer (play in the Olympics, play with Kobe, Durant, Wade).

kong123
05-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Last summer, Rose played in the World Championships, not (as you said) the Olympics.

Last summer, Wade, Kobe, and LeBron did not participate in any USA Basketball activities - they took the summer off. There were almost no established all-stars on last year's world championships squad - it was Rose, Curry, Gordon, Billups, Durant, Gay, Granger, Westbrook, Love, Odom, Chandler, and Iguodala. That group had 8 all-star appearances prior to this season, 5 of which belonged to Billups (the others were Durant, Granger, and Rose).

They're details that don't, on a substantive basis, change your argument (which is flawed for the separate reason that, as others have pointed out, no one is trying to "claim" Rose for Duke/K or claim that K is solely responsible for Rose winning the MVP), but it certainly weakens your position when your statements about what else may have improved Rose's game are things that unquestionably did not happen last summer (play in the Olympics, play with Kobe, Durant, Wade).

I obviously got confused between the Olympics and the World Championships. However, my point still remains. Rose learned a lot from the experience. I am sure he learned from K's coaching. I am sure he learned from playing with other great players. Did I miss anything?

But, the title of the thread is "Derrick Rose Officially is the NBA MVP - Testament to Coach K and USA Basketball" I think it is obvious that the reason the thread was started was to have a love fest for K. You can disagree with me, that's fine, but do not use my confusion over the difference between the Olympics and the World Championship to try and discredit me.

"I would think that Rose's achievement would continue to be a positive reflection on Coach K and the USA basketball coaching staff. I don't think it's a coincidence that many of the young stars on the National team like Rose, Durant and Westbrook have made big leaps this year as a result of being coached by Coach K. Our Carolina posters may disagree; but I would think that Rose's achievement would be very positive in recruiting for Coach K when HS school kids can see the kind of impact Coach K has on helping young NBA stars improve their games by playing for K."

This is a quote from the OP. The first part I agree with. The second part begins to stray away from objectivity.

Fish80
05-04-2011, 04:39 PM
. . . (the kind that would really get me riled up if the shoe were, as they say, on the other foot) . . .

Please, in light of Kyrie's "Toe" injury, let's keep shoes on both feet! :D

Delaware
05-04-2011, 05:37 PM

Just a note of correction... not to agree or disagree with your point... but LeBron did not participate last summer at the worlds did he?

Duvall
05-04-2011, 06:06 PM
The first part I agree with. The second part begins to stray away from objectivity.

Another subjective opinion (http://blog.dukeblueplanet.com/2010/09/an-honor-to-play-for-him/).

"[Coach Krzyzewski] is a motivational speaker and he really has humor when he talks. If anything you are going to listen to him because he is going to be a legend, a Hall of Famer I mean in this game. For him to be coaching me is wonderful. Too bad I didn’t go to Duke, but it’s great even just being here with him and his staff is great and I am lucky to be on this bus headed to the gym.”

ThePublisher
05-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Kevin Love set the record for most games with back to back double-doubles in NBA history. The jump he made from last year was huge.

And I just saw him in a Right Guard commercial as I'm typing this. Odd...