PDA

View Full Version : Facebook and Duke Players

lilblue
04-30-2011, 09:46 PM
Anybody here ever try to friend current or former Duke players on FB?

uh_no
04-30-2011, 09:54 PM

I'm one of casey peter's gajillion friends

mikegismynewhero
04-30-2011, 10:42 PM
i have tyler thornton, josh hairston, casey peters, mp1, mp3...amongst many other college basketball players...and greivus(sp) vasquez haha

mikegismynewhero
04-30-2011, 11:08 PM
here are all the college basketball players/basketball coach/future players/nba/wbna i have: Akoy agau, Ben howland, Branden frazier, Brian zoubek, Casey peters, Chris duhon, Dion waiters, Fab melo, Greivis Vasquez, Jasmine Thomas, Jay bilas, Johnny o’bryant, Josh hairston, Josh smith, Kadeem jack, Kaleb tarzewski, Kendall marshall, Lamont Momo jones, Lebryan nash, Lj rose, Marshall plumlee, Myck Kybongo, Myles davis, Rakeem Christmas, Rasheed sulaimon, Reggie bullock, Ryan harrow, Shabazz Muhammad, Steve Johnson, Terrence ross, Tony parker, Trey zeigler, Tyler adams, Tyler lamb, Tyler thornton....i may have missed some others i was just browsing through my list real quick...i used to have coach collins and wojo...but idk where they went haha

DukeGirl4ever
04-30-2011, 11:53 PM

I think some of them are pretty open to being "friends" with fans. I never message them since I don't want to harass them, but I like to follow along with their experiences at Duke. It makes them seem so much more real in my eyes since I don't live in North Carolina and rarely get to a game.

I did actually message Jon twice last year on the chat and he responded both times and was very appreciative of the fan support and well wishes I sent him. I also messaged ZOUBS after the national championship and thanked him for his major contribution.

I do think there are several fake profiles - I am friends with TWO Nolan Smiths, but if you are friends with Casey, you can usually find the real profiles.

mikegismynewhero
05-01-2011, 12:03 AM
add ray mccallum, naadir tharpe, and jon scheyer to my list :D

mikegismynewhero
05-01-2011, 05:54 PM
andre dawkins

rthomas
05-01-2011, 06:19 PM
As my daughter would say "creeper!"

NovaScotian
05-01-2011, 11:50 PM
here are all the college basketball players/basketball coach/future players/nba/wbna i have: Akoy agau, Ben howland, Branden frazier, Brian zoubek, Casey peters, Chris duhon, Dion waiters, Fab melo, Greivis Vasquez, Jasmine Thomas, Jay bilas, Johnny o’bryant, Josh hairston, Josh smith, Kadeem jack, Kaleb tarzewski, Kendall marshall, Lamont Momo jones, Lebryan nash, Lj rose, Marshall plumlee, Myck Kybongo, Myles davis, Rakeem Christmas, Rasheed sulaimon, Reggie bullock, Ryan harrow, Shabazz Muhammad, Steve Johnson, Terrence ross, Tony parker, Trey zeigler, Tyler adams, Tyler lamb, Tyler thornton....i may have missed some others i was just browsing through my list real quick...i used to have coach collins and wojo...but idk where they went haha

wow you are so kool!

some of them have fake-ish pseudonyms, like one jerome henderson, and aj shmedick.

mikegismynewhero
05-02-2011, 12:35 AM
haha creeper? i dont say anything other than good game or stuff like that to them and the reason i have so many is because my friend and i had a contest to see who could add the most d-1 talent...she won..