PDA

View Full Version : Bringing Back Memories

pless55
04-24-2011, 11:14 PM
I was watching NCAA Video Vault last night. The UNC-Michigan game in 1993 for the National Championship??? Strong Duke fan. As much as I can't stand the Fab Five once I saw the Tar Heels play I pulled for the Wolverines. Three things for this game. Great game. How did the Tar Heels win this game?? Chris Webber's one mistake at the end of the game. Calling a timeout with no timeouts left. Jalen Rose was a six eight point guard who could pass. Small forward in the NBA. Saw parts of Duke-Arkansas.

pless55
04-24-2011, 11:16 PM
Duke-UNLV 1991. Duke-Kentucky 1992. Great games. These games were the most memorable.

zoroaster
04-24-2011, 11:40 PM
Amazing... I don't remember that they had further back than around 2000, but they (at least now) have all the way back to 1986 and that title run, as well as the others in the late 80's. Thanks for pointing this out!

So interesting to see young Grant in the 91 game against UNLV going against Larry Johnson and the rest of that crew.

pless55
04-25-2011, 12:08 AM
No problem buddy. Watched the whole game last night. Interesting to say the least. The Fab Five had the talent advantage but North Carolina played together as a team. Also, the UNLV-Duke game is one I have always wanted to see.

darjum
04-25-2011, 01:17 AM
Amazing... I don't remember that they had further back than around 2000, but they (at least now) have all the way back to 1986 and that title run, as well as the others in the late 80's. Thanks for pointing this out!

So interesting to see young Grant in the 91 game against UNLV going against Larry Johnson and the rest of that crew.

Larry Johnson was a phenomenal college player and athlete. It's amazing that he wasn't as dominate in the pro's. I guess that's what happens when you have chronic back injuries.