PDA

View Full Version : Antonio "Tony" Lang

rtnorthrup
04-21-2011, 03:59 PM
I dont think it has already been discussed on here, but tonight, April 21, 2011, Antonio Lang will be inducted into the Mobile, Alabama Sports Hall of Fame. Several of us in the Mobile chapter of the Duke Alumni Association will be in attendance to show our support for Tony.

Congrats to Antonio.

biscuit30
04-21-2011, 04:48 PM
I dont think it has already been discussed on here, but tonight, April 21, 2011, Antonio Lang will be inducted into the Mobile, Alabama Sports Hall of Fame. Several of us in the Mobile chapter of the Duke Alumni Association will be in attendance to show our support for Tony.

Congrats to Antonio.

Good to hear. One of my favorite Duke players. He wasn't the big name player, but he showed up every game doing something.

summerwind03
04-21-2011, 05:17 PM
Tony's the best!! Congrats to him.

OldPhiKap
04-21-2011, 05:37 PM
A well-deserved honor.

JaMarcus Russell
04-21-2011, 06:51 PM
Does anyone know if his team has suspended its season in the Japanese league? After reading the Jeremy Tyler article, it seems like some of the teams have just shut down for the year.

Newton_14
04-21-2011, 08:49 PM

Congrats to Antonio.

Thanks for posting this. Congrats to Tony. I loved him as a player. Much like his teammate Marty Clark, Tony improved year over year increasing his minutes and points each season. He was a very solid post presence his Senior year despite being undersized. Sneaky good with his ability to score. I would take a Tony Lang on Duke's team anytime.

Glad to see him acheive this honor.

rtnorthrup
04-21-2011, 10:53 PM
Does anyone know if his team has suspended its season in the Japanese league? After reading the Jeremy Tyler article, it seems like some of the teams have just shut down for the year.

Talked to him tonight. Yes, they just called an end to the season after the quake. He has been home about 3 weeks and doesn't know when he is going back. Hopefully someone will give him a coaching shot over here.

magjayran
04-22-2011, 01:51 AM
I would love to see a video compiling some of Tony's best dunks at Duke. I remember one he had over FSU that was probably over three guys on a fast break. Reckless abandon. He hit the floor hard and Chris Collins was on top of him trying to pick him up before he could even think of being hurt. I think Chris might have been the only guy on the team that didn't get a dunk in that one.

Steven Allen
04-22-2011, 05:13 AM
I would love to see a video compiling some of Tony's best dunks at Duke. I remember one he had over FSU that was probably over three guys on a fast break. Reckless abandon. He hit the floor hard and Chris Collins was on top of him trying to pick him up before he could even think of being hurt. I think Chris might have been the only guy on the team that didn't get a dunk in that one.

Tony is one of my favorite of all tie because of those dunks. Well deserved honor, congrats too him.

hq2
04-22-2011, 09:42 AM
A class act, on and off the court. Always played hard and to the limit of his potential.
One of my all time favorite players.

dukeman28428
04-22-2011, 02:47 PM
Tony was and still is one of my all time Duke player favorites. He "brought it" every game and helped us win a lot of games. He and his family were great fun and Tony is a real credit to Duke University. Proud of him.