PDA

View Full Version : Jayhawk Troublemaking (Again)

DukeWarhead
04-20-2011, 10:25 AM
Thomas Robinson charged with assault at a bar - he's also under 21. Just add this to the list of stupid/dangerous/wannabe-thug-life things that the KU basketball team has amassed over the past few years. BB gun shootings, fights with the football team, stabbings (at the same bar, I think), exposing oneself on an elevator,DUIs,assaulting your girlfriend. Yes, I realize college kids do silly, stupid things at times and that Duke has had its share of off-season bad decisions (JJ the Bandit and the checkpoint).
However, KU basketball has now established a rep for dumb decisions and bad attitudes with this slew of incidents over the past 8 years. One has to question how much influence Coach Self has on his players and whether he really cares or not. Or maybe it's the type of player he's bringing in. Once a pattern like this is established, I automatically think the Coaching staff is not engaged with thier players off the court at all. (Spare me the talk on NCAA rules. I'm not talking about practicing in the summer.)
So, as a Duke fan in Kansas that is constantly subject to the Jayhawk led Duke-Hate, this to me is a big deal.
For the sake of making hay - Jayhawk fans need to worry less about having KU mentioned in the same group with Duke, UNC, and UK and worry a bit more about what Coach Self's players are doing and thier attitude. Hopefully, a particular class of 2012 recruit sees all this and would prefer to avoid the stupid hi-jinx in Lawrence altogether. Thus endeth the rant.