PDA

View Full Version : Rivers and Cook on TV

DBFAN
04-14-2011, 07:45 PM
Rivers,Cook and I assume Plumlee, are on Fox Sports 646 on Direct TV right now. Check em out

DBFAN
04-14-2011, 08:29 PM
I am not sure I can finish watching this Kentucky love fest. It is beyond sickening!

ChicagoHeel
04-14-2011, 10:21 PM
I am not sure I can finish watching this Kentucky love fest. It is beyond sickening!

You said it. I tuned in to get a better sense of Rivers' ability, but I don't think I can take anymore of this KU worship.

DBFAN
04-14-2011, 11:57 PM
Thank God Rivers got player of the Game otherwise we might not have know he was even playing...Guess that's what SEC fans must feel like all the time

gumbomoop
04-15-2011, 10:35 AM
You said it. I tuned in to get a better sense of Rivers' ability, but I don't think I can take anymore of this KU worship.

Minor correction: KU usually refers to Kansas Univ. UK = Univ. of Ky. [It's a bit of an oddity, as the official name of that Kansas school is in fact The University of Kansas. Yet their web site has as its prominent logo, right next to the words "University of Kansas," this: "KU."]

Although the posts in this thread would certainly, and understandably, discourage Duke fans from tuning in to yet another replay of the Nike Hoop Summit game, FSS (DirecTV, ch 646) will show it again Sat morn at 11.

Fwiw, the gushing over the UK recruits is mostly justified. Whether good news or bad, should either Knight or Jones remain at UK, those Cats will get some preseason #1 votes. Probably UNC-UK will share consensus #1, certainly if both Knight and Jones stay.

But the tone of a number of threads in the last week or so is justifiably upbeat about our Devils, too. We're in good shape. However [constructively] critical one might be about the MPs and/or RK, surely we can agree that Duke is one of the few teams whose frontline can challenge the likes of Zeller/Henson and the UK phenoms.

Edit/P.S. - McAdoo is real deal, too.