PDA

View Full Version : JWill speaking at Howard U tonight

HaveFunExpectToWin
04-12-2011, 04:10 PM
http://www.howard.edu/newsroom/releases/2011/20110606HipHopSymposiumExploresMediaandBlackAthlet es.htm

If I didn't live in Loudoun Co, I'd consider attending this. It looks like an interesting forum and also I love Lindsay Czarniak. You can hear George Michael in everything she does.

Here's a list of the panel paticipants:

Leigh Bodden, a cornerback for New England Patriots.

Doris Corbett, Ph.D., a professor of Sports Sociology at Howard University

Lindsay Czarniak, the lead sports anchor for WRC-TV (NBC4) in Washington, DC.

Michael Eric Dyson, Ph.D., a renowned scholar, cultural critic of race, religion and contemporary issues and professor of Sociology at Georgetown University.

Melyssa Ford, model, actress and philanthropist. She has made several appearances in music videos, movies and television. She feels strongly about the representation of women in television.

Omari Hardwick, an actor who has appeared in the blockbuster movie by producer Tyler Perry, For Colored Girls.

Mike Wise, a sports writer for the Washington Post and a local sports talk radio host.

Jason "Jay" Williams, the 2002 National College Basketball player of the year at Duke University and the NBA number two draft pick in the 2002 by the Chicago Bulls. Williams is currently a college basketball analyst for ESPN.

The Gordog
04-13-2011, 01:50 PM
http://www.howard.edu/newsroom/releases/2011/20110606HipHopSymposiumExploresMediaandBlackAthlet es.htm

If I didn't live in Loudoun Co, I'd consider attending this. It looks like an interesting forum and also I love Lindsay Czarniak. You can hear George Michael in everything she does.

Here's a list of the panel paticipants:

I love JayWill, aside from his awesome playing days, he's just such a warm human being. But the "currently" in his bio sounds a little defensive. I guess I always thought he would do something bigger after the NBA, perhaps he did too.

Bluedog
04-13-2011, 02:14 PM
I love JayWill, aside from his awesome playing days, he's just such a warm human being. But the "currently" in his bio sounds a little defensive. I guess I always thought he would do something bigger after the NBA, perhaps he did too.

Williams is currently a college basketball analyst for ESPN.

Huh? How does it sound defensive? I'm confused....That is what he's doing and is much bigger than what most players go on to after their careers in the NBA (i.e. nothing). He has done great for himself considering the circumstances. He is very involved in basketball youth events, serving as a national director for a certain organization. Jay is involved in a physical therapy and sports training company (Athletic Advantage) and also has worked as a consultant for 24 Hour Fitness. On top of that, he has his own company and does a lot of speaking events.