PDA

View Full Version : Stink Bugs!!

weezie
04-11-2011, 03:07 PM
I have literally trapped thousands of them in my trusty Bugzooka. Anybody living north of the VA-NC border knows the plague that is the stink bug.
Gaaah, they are waking up from their winter naps and taking over!:eek:

rthomas
04-11-2011, 03:27 PM
http://www.ent.iastate.edu/images/hemiptera/stinkbug/brown_stink_bug_adult.jpg

An invasive from Asia. They do millions of dollars in damage, especially apples and peaches. And live in houses too. Mine for example.

I hate them.

HaveFunExpectToWin
04-11-2011, 03:36 PM
my trusty Bugzooka

What is this and where do I get one?

bjornolf
04-11-2011, 04:39 PM
http://www.amazon.com/BugZooka-Bug-Catcher-Vacuum-Humanely/dp/B003168P16/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1302554335&sr=8-1

What I want to know is if there is any kind of bag, like the Japanese beetle traps, that will catch those little boogers.

weezie
04-11-2011, 04:51 PM
http://www.ent.iastate.edu/images/hemiptera/stinkbug/brown_stink_bug_adult.jpg

This picture makes me want to barf!
The Bugzooka is a little cheaper at bugzooka.com but they are back ordered right now. We run around catching them and then open the tube into a bucket of soapy water and watch gleefully as they expire. As far as I have heard, there is no trap similar to the Japanese beetle kind. The stink bug is a serious adversary.
I have a Bugzooka for upstairs and downstairs.

I'm getting a little crazy, I know!!!!

ramdevil
04-11-2011, 06:32 PM
FYI - I either read in the paper or heard at a gardening store that using the 'bags' to catch japanese beetles is a bad idea - they actually attract the beetles from other yards. There is a pheromone in the bag; not sure if that would be the case for these stink bugs. (Alternative plan: put the bag in your neighbors yard!)

OZZIE4DUKE
04-12-2011, 10:31 AM
If you step on one you'll find out why they are called Stink Bugs! Pee - Eewww!

weezie
04-12-2011, 07:58 PM
I was told today that some municipalities in VA are asking people not to flush the little cursed bugs because they are clogging sewer pipes and drain fields! The bugs don't decomposed easily. Clogging pipes, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUWWWWWWW!

DevilWearsPrada
04-14-2011, 12:15 PM
I was told today that some municipalities in VA are asking people not to flush the little cursed bugs because they are clogging sewer pipes and drain fields! The bugs don't decomposed easily. Clogging pipes, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUWWWWWWW!

That is completely disgusting!

Not only are there Stink Bugs, but the news, is showing Bed Bugs, again. And to be aware of all the Scammers trying to take your money, to get rid of the Bugs! Everyone be aware of Scam Bug Businesses.

bjornolf
04-18-2011, 08:33 AM
FYI - I either read in the paper or heard at a gardening store that using the 'bags' to catch japanese beetles is a bad idea - they actually attract the beetles from other yards. There is a pheromone in the bag; not sure if that would be the case for these stink bugs. (Alternative plan: put the bag in your neighbors yard!)

Actually, it will attract them from MILES away. You'll catch thousands of them and need to empty the bag every day or two. If you don't, the decomposing ones will REALLY stink. The real advantage to the bags is that if you're diligent and empty the bags, you'll reduce the population near your home for several YEARS afterward.