PDA

View Full Version : ESPN SportsCenter Conspiracy Update

msdukie
04-10-2011, 11:16 PM
For those who think that ESPN was slighting Duke for a year when not showing us as one of the reigning champions at the beginning of each episode of SportsCenter. I am watching tonight's 11 p.m. episode and Texas A&M has been added into the opening montage, but the UConnvicts are missing....

muzikfrk75
04-11-2011, 12:34 AM
Is 'UConnvicts' really necessary?

TonyWR
04-11-2011, 12:50 AM

Is it necessary to rag a fellow Dukie over harmless humor?

juise
04-11-2011, 01:53 AM

You're right.

I much prefer UCon(n).

sporthenry
04-11-2011, 07:10 AM
I'm not normally one to buy into all of the conspiracies but I was a bit disappointed to not see Duke winning for a year. However, they did the same thing last year with the UCONN women's team so the thought just occured that ESPN owns the rights to the women's tournament. So not only would they be promoting something they don't own but they probably also had to pay rights for it.

DaleDuke7
04-11-2011, 10:25 AM
I'm not normally one to buy into all of the conspiracies but I was a bit disappointed to not see Duke winning for a year. However, they did the same thing last year with the UCONN women's team so the thought just occured that ESPN owns the rights to the women's tournament. So not only would they be promoting something they don't own but they probably also had to pay rights for it.

But they still show Jimmie Johnson and they dont have the exclusive rights to it. Also, NFL, no exclusive rights.

uh_no
04-11-2011, 10:36 AM
But they still show Jimmie Johnson and they dont have the exclusive rights to it. Also, NFL, no exclusive rights.

but at 2 years in a row, this is a systematic thing, and not a 'we hate duke' thing

-jk
04-11-2011, 10:58 AM
but at 2 years in a row, this is a systematic thing, and not a 'we hate duke' thing

Obviously, it's a "We hate uh_no" thing. ;)

-jk

Jeff0r3
04-12-2011, 10:40 AM
Wow glad to see others noticed this also. I have often wondered why they seemed to show most of the champions of major sports in the beginning. Yet the failed to show Duke. So far no Uconn!

MulletMan
04-12-2011, 11:14 AM
Were any of these events:

Super Bowl
NASCAR
Women's Final Four

broadcast on CBS?

Is it possible that that particular network doesn't allow the rebroadcast of Final Four images for promotional purposes?

Why do we even have a thread on something this? Why have I responded to it? Ugh.

Duvall
04-12-2011, 11:18 AM
Were any of these events:

Super Bowl
NASCAR
Women's Final Four

broadcast on CBS?

Is it possible that that particular network doesn't allow the rebroadcast of Final Four images for promotional purposes?

Super Bowl XLIV and the 2009 men's Final Four were broadcast by CBS, but this did not prevent them from showing the Saints and Heels in the past.

meloveduke
04-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Espn showed highlights of the ncaa turny games.........

uh_no
04-12-2011, 01:45 PM
Espn showed highlights of the ncaa turny games.........

there may, though, be something that says they can only be for highlight purposes...and not montages....who knows....probably just espn not wanting to advertise a smal event (relative to the super bowl and nascar) not on espn