PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else at the Wachovia 10 miler/Fleet Feet 4+ miler?

devil84
04-09-2011, 02:04 PM
OK, it was actually the "Tar Heel 10 miler," but I couldn't bring myself to start a thread with that reference in it. It was quite a nice race, especially the part where they allow other schools to "crash the party" with race bibs denoting the fan allegiance of the top three schools with who noted a preference when registering (Duke, State, and Wake this year). They did this specifically to appeal to fans of other schools who otherwise might not run if they had to wear that ugly blue.

Thanks to that bib in the proper shade of blue, I met a few Duke people there, particularly one DBR reader. Was anyone else there crashing the party?

The DBR reader I met was there to support his girlfriend. He wasn't running today as he was preparing for the Boston Marathon in a few weeks (my hat's off to him!). It was nice to talk to a fellow Duke alumn in that sea of pale blue while waiting for my race to start. He had an amazing knowledge of Duke Basketball -- even back to the Bubas era. Impressive for a recent grad! I'm hoping he'll come by here more frequently and start posting.