PDA

View Full Version : No more Shining Moment for Hudson

chattpanther
03-31-2011, 02:15 PM
So glad to hear the scrapped this version. It really bugged me that Duke had to be the team that was stuck with this "experiment".

http://eye-on-college-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/28165101

brevity
03-31-2011, 02:24 PM
Tough to blame Jennifer Hudson for the CBS putting cameras on her and including studio footage in the "One Shining Moment" montage when every breathing creature on the planet wanted to see basketball instead. That's just network incompetence, and someone should have released Zombie Billy Packer on the people behind that decision.

I've been thinking about "One Shining Moment" the past few weeks and I think they should make this year's version entirely out of defensive plays. Kenneth Faried's block. Dalton Pepper's three consecutive steals. Stuff like that. Some may find that strange, but there's enough material this year to make it the best one yet.

MCFinARL
03-31-2011, 02:34 PM
Tough to blame Jennifer Hudson for the CBS putting cameras on her and including studio footage in the "One Shining Moment" montage when every breathing creature on the planet wanted to see basketball instead. That's just network incompetence, and someone should have released Zombie Billy Packer on the people behind that decision.

Agreed. She actually sang the song as well as anybody. But the decision to focus the video on her singing the song was just boneheaded.

duke79
03-31-2011, 05:28 PM
Yea, thank God they got rid of the Jennifer Hudson version. I understand they are going back to the Luther Vandross version for this year's tournament, but I still think the best version was the late, great Teddy Pendergast - that man had "soul" and what an emotive voice !!!

Here is last year's video with Teddy doing the singing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad03DNJzuPw

Gives me goosebumps to listen to it and watch it

SCMatt33
03-31-2011, 05:54 PM
I'm kind of mad at this, but only in a "misery loves company" kind of way. Now we're the only ones stuck with the Hudson version forever. I didn't even mind the song so much, as it has evolved to match the era with each version, but I can't get over the shots of her inserted.

moonpie23
03-31-2011, 08:51 PM
i never liked the song.........

should be "sledgehammer"...... :)

lmb
04-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Thought you all would like to know, it's back to Luther.....

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/CBS-8217-s-One-Shining-Moment-montage-will-retu?urn=ncaab-wp1610

lmb
04-01-2011, 02:02 PM
I swear I looked at the first page before I posted this.

Sorry!

NovaScotian
04-01-2011, 04:14 PM
i never liked the song.........

should be "sledgehammer"...... :)

while i disagree on the merits of 'one shining moment,' i offer you a symbolic internet fist bump + explode for suggesting sledgehammer. such a change would alter the landscape of college athletics forever.

moonpie23
04-01-2011, 04:38 PM
while i disagree on the merits of 'one shining moment,' i offer you a symbolic internet fist bump + explode for suggesting sledgehammer. such a change would alter the landscape of college athletics forever.

"i kicked the habit (kicked the habit)"
"shed my skin (shed my skin)"
"this is the new stuff(this is the new stuff)"
"i go DANCING IN!!!"