PDA

View Full Version : Latest Duke-UNC recruit smackdown

nocilla
03-30-2011, 02:36 PM
Not sure where this should go, mods can move it to an appropriate thread if needed.

Rivers, Cook, and MP3 with Hairston and McAdoo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3NfE43pofI

NashvilleDevil
03-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Austin: ACC you get a ring man ,we got a ring for that.

PJ: That's fine. That's fine

Quinn: They got a t-shirt for the uhh....

Room explodes in laughter!

weezie
03-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Our guys are so cute.
Not a shy shrinking violet in the bunch.
Suddenly, I feel a lot better! :D
LGD!!!!!!

UrinalCake
03-30-2011, 02:53 PM
Hairston looks quite a bit thicker than any of our guys. Looks like it will be our guards vs. their bigs once again. Nice to see kids being kids while respecting each other and the rivalry.

Reddevil
03-30-2011, 02:56 PM
That was fun. They all seem like good guys. I was a little surprised at how well versed both sides are on the Duke and UNC rosters.

roywhite
03-30-2011, 03:01 PM
Hairston looks quite a bit thicker than any of our guys. Looks like it will be our guards vs. their bigs once again. Nice to see kids being kids while respecting each other and the rivalry.

Several potential jokes here, but I've found it interesting that UNC occasionally has some "bulkier" players like Sean May, Will Graves, and now Hairston. Duke under Coach K seems to go more for the leaner guys.

Gthoma2a
03-30-2011, 05:53 PM
Several potential jokes here, but I've found it interesting that UNC occasionally has some "bulkier" players like Sean May, Will Graves, and now Hairston. Duke under Coach K seems to go more for the leaner guys.

Yeah, but John Henson's eating disorder makes up for it (joking of course, but I thought appropriate for this particular thread).

magjayran
03-30-2011, 06:42 PM
I love seeing kids having fun in these situations. Can't wait til next season.

Faison1
03-30-2011, 07:44 PM
Gotta say I am impressed with all 5 of them. I had a chance to watch PJ Hairston in the skills competition, and I definitely agree with Kong that they are going to love him in Chapel Hill. That kid might be pretty good.

I am also impressed with how well each of those guys knows the opponent's roster. Franly, they all seem smart, and I am glad we got at least 3 of them.

Last years "smack talk" left me unimpressed with Bullock, though.....funny how Roy instructed them not to say anything dumb this year.....

Devilsfan
03-30-2011, 09:22 PM
Looks like a man and four boys.

YourLandlord
03-30-2011, 10:38 PM
Looks like a man and four boys.

I feel like that about all the teams we face, they are MEN.

-bdbd
03-31-2011, 01:09 AM
That is just too funny! The Carolina guys, given the opportunity to rag on Duke and Coach K, responding "Our Coach specifically called us up and told us NOT to do that, not to do what Marshall did last year... (that's Coach Williams)....."

LOL!!!
See, they CAN learn!!
:p

But seriously, a solid group of kids, respectful of each other, obviously very confident in themselves, and knowledgeable about the two teams, rosters, etc.

flyingdutchdevil
03-31-2011, 01:32 AM
I already like McAdoo. This is not good. First Kendall and now McAdoo? What the hell is wrong with me? I want more McCantses, Mays, and Bullocks.

dukelifer
03-31-2011, 07:59 AM
I already like McAdoo. This is not good. First Kendall and now McAdoo? What the hell is wrong with me? I want more McCantses, Mays, and Bullocks.

Hairston will make up for that. But you are right, McAdoo is a great player. He does anything and everything- and a terrible matchup for Duke. The hope is that he is not around that long.

Scorp4me
03-31-2011, 11:24 AM
Fun video to watch. Nice seeing the kids enjoying themselves. Hairston and Rivers definitely definitely have the most outgoing personalities.

roywhite
03-31-2011, 11:35 AM
The usual idiots at insidecarolina have a hot thread entitled:
A. Rivers = Locker Room Cancer

in which they rag on Austin for being whiny, spoiled, pouty, etc, etc.

Got a feeling that the heat in the Duke/UNC rivalry, which never goes away, is going to increase next year. It's usually just fans, but sometimes the players take an active dislike to the other side.

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-31-2011, 11:51 AM
The usual idiots at insidecarolina have a hot thread entitled:
A. Rivers = Locker Room Cancer

in which they rag on Austin for being whiny, spoiled, pouty, etc, etc.

Got a feeling that the heat in the Duke/UNC rivalry, which never goes away, is going to increase next year. It's usually just fans, but sometimes the players take an active dislike to the other side.
Yes, you're right about that! Sometimes it's just a genetic phenomenon.