PDA

View Full Version : If you thought the Crazies were rabid fans...

JasonEvans
03-29-2011, 04:00 PM
... wait until you hear about what a bunch of Colombian soccer fans (http://network.yardbarker.com/soccer/article_external/colombian_soccer_fans_brought_dead_body_of_cristof er_jacome_in_coffin_to_game/4462434) did at a recent game.

Well, this picture does a good job of telling the story.
http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/columbian-casket2.jpg

--Jason "when I die, someone be sure to parade my coffin around Cameron, ok?" Evans

weezie
03-29-2011, 09:10 PM
Cool! Not that I approve or anything, but gotta hand it to those crazy soccer-futbol nuts.

A couple of years ago the Duke Gardens announced the chance to have cremains interred in a memorial area. No individual markings, just a mass site. To the tune of $25,000 per person. I kid not. One of the few times I really was speechless on the phone.

cspan37421
03-29-2011, 10:43 PM
A couple of years ago the Duke Gardens announced the chance to have cremains interred in a memorial area. No individual markings, just a mass site. To the tune of $25,000 per person. I kid not. One of the few times I really was speechless on the phone.

I would never advocate anything against school policy or interfere with the rights of private property, but did you ever see The Shawshank Redemption? There are clever ways of surreptitiously getting rid of dust & debris.

BTW, a "mass site" sound even worse than "unmarked" or just "ashes spread [in this area]". I wonder how many people have taken them up on the $25k offer anyway.

cato
03-30-2011, 11:53 AM
I would never advocate anything against school policy or interfere with the rights of private property, but did you ever see The Shawshank Redemption? There are clever ways of surreptitiously getting rid of dust & debris.

BTW, a "mass site" sound even worse than "unmarked" or just "ashes spread [in this area]". I wonder how many people have taken them up on the $25k offer anyway.

I'm trying to imagine the conversation with my wife. "Honey, if I die before you, I'd like you to spread my ashes in Duke gardens. Except, I think we should avoid the $25K fee. So, here's what I'd like you to do . . ."

hughgs
03-30-2011, 12:38 PM
Cool! Not that I approve or anything, but gotta hand it to those crazy soccer-futbol nuts.

I think that memorial site is a semi-private walkway lined with bricks with each person's name on it. From the Rose Circle, take a left. Take the first right, then another right to access the area.

http://www.hr.duke.edu/dukegardens/memorial_garden.htm

It's hardly a mass site.

weezie
03-30-2011, 03:08 PM
Ok, ok. When I called, the lady described it as having no individual markers. Perhaps they changed their approach after people sat in stunned silence at the other end of the phone. That's what I was told at the time.

In any event, the soccer stadium memorial crowd surf may be the new, next thing. Ya' never know.

JasonEvans
03-30-2011, 04:29 PM
Ok, ok. When I called, the lady described it as having no individual markers. Perhaps they changed their approach after people sat in stunned silence at the other end of the phone. That's what I was told at the time.

In any event, the soccer stadium memorial crowd surf may be the new, next thing. Ya' never know.

If Duke really wants to make some money, I would gladly set aside $25k from my estate if my casket could be passed around by the Crazies during a game. I would be dead, which would suck, but it would still be awesome.

--Jason "the Gardens ain't got nothin on a Cameron Crowd Surf!" Evans

weezie
03-30-2011, 04:55 PM
If Duke really wants to make some money, I would gladly set aside $25k from my estate if my casket could be passed around by the Crazies during a game. I would be dead, which would suck, but it would still be awesome.

LOL, hahahah!! :D

Absolutely!

A fitting "Weekend At Jason 'hope there's a lock on that pine box lid' Evans" farewell.

roywhite
03-31-2011, 06:46 AM

And the Crazies chant:
JAAA -- SON EV -- ANS
JAAA -- SON EV -- ANS

Finally.....
AHHHHHHH.......SEEEEEEYYYAAAAAHHHH

Reisen
03-31-2011, 03:47 PM

How much extra if the grad-student Crazies propped you up to distract opposing free throw shooters?

sue71, esq
03-31-2011, 04:11 PM
How much extra if the grad-student Crazies propped you up to distract opposing free throw shooters?

How much more to have you wear a Speedo?