PDA

View Full Version : I will miss you guys

JRH1010
03-28-2011, 12:50 PM
UNC fan here. It has been a fun year for you and for us. This is the first year I have read your board, and the first year I have read IC and it was entertaining to say the least. Now that it is all over, we (or atleast I) can exhale and congratulate you on a great season, tournament, and bid a farewell to your seniors that I have had the unfortunate pleasure of watching for 4 seasons now. It is truly special and entertaining when they stick around, regardless of the shade of blue they put on come game time. I hope next year will be just as entertaining with two of the top programs in college basketball being able to go at one another once again. ACC Championships, ACC Tourney Championships, NCAA Championships whatever the outcome, it is nice to be able to share it with others that are just as passionate about their team, and like myself, are fortunate enough to have a program with such prestige to root for. Now bring on the NBA defections, letters of intent and what feels like an eternity till we can see our boys play once again.

ojaidave
03-28-2011, 01:12 PM
UNC fan here. It has been a fun year for you and for us. This is the first year I have read your board, and the first year I have read IC and it was entertaining to say the least. Now that it is all over, we (or atleast I) can exhale and congratulate you on a great season, tournament, and bid a farewell to your seniors that I have had the unfortunate pleasure of watching for 4 seasons now. It is truly special and entertaining when they stick around, regardless of the shade of blue they put on come game time. I hope next year will be just as entertaining with two of the top programs in college basketball being able to go at one another once again. ACC Championships, ACC Tourney Championships, NCAA Championships whatever the outcome, it is nice to be able to share it with others that are just as passionate about their team, and like myself, are fortunate enough to have a program with such prestige to root for. Now bring on the NBA defections, letters of intent and what feels like an eternity till we can see our boys play once again.

Great post. One nit to pick, ACC Tourney Championship = ACC Championship, so we'll share in the struggle for the ACC Regular Season Championship, ACC Championship, and the NCAA Championship.

Sorry, some habits are unbreakable.

JRH1010
03-28-2011, 01:21 PM
It definitely wasn't a dig one way or another.

Duke - ACC Champions
UNC - ACC Regular Season Champions. ACC Regular Season title. Second best team in the ACC in 10'-11'. Whatever each individual wants to call it.

Two great accomplishments by two great teams.

Can't wait for next year.

OldPhiKap
03-28-2011, 01:30 PM
Good post, JR, and I look forward to picking up the conversation come Fall. -- OPK

kong123
03-28-2011, 01:50 PM
i'll miss you guys too, but am not going anywhere

YourLandlord
03-28-2011, 01:53 PM
i'll miss you guys too, but am not going anywhere
kinda like UNC after the elite 8 this year.

:cool:

jdj4duke
03-28-2011, 02:01 PM
kinda like UNC after the elite 8 this year.

:cool:

Here's a stone for the glass house.

OldPhiKap
03-28-2011, 02:05 PM
I miss the old me.

JRH1010
03-28-2011, 02:09 PM
I miss the old me.

Me too but I'm tired, it has been a long season.

sagegrouse
03-28-2011, 02:14 PM

Thanks for your post. I am glad you enjoyed your time here.

The next two months are the "silly season," with all the rumors early departure and eventually a few facts. I don't know why it is such a soap opera, but it always is. One consolation: it couldn't be as tortuous or twisted a path as the Tale of Kyrie's Toe.

sagegrouse

Class of '94
03-28-2011, 02:31 PM

Nice post. I wanted to say that I enjoyed hearing from our Carolina posters during the season; and I can't believe I'm actually saying this but I actually liked many of the players on the Carolina team. I find some of them like Marshall and Zeller (the two guys I like most on that team) to be class acts. I saw within the last day or so that Zeller wished Nolan well and congratulated him on a great season on twitter. Marshall did the same earlier when he congratulated Nolan on ACCPOY. Even guys like Strickland and Henson, I've grown to respect them for how gracious they were in losses to Duke. I still have my issues with HB in how badly IMO he acted at the end of games to losses to Duke; but overall, I respect what Carolina did this year and how good they ended up becoming. I too look forward to watching our two teams go at it again next year for ACC and national championships.

UrinalCake
03-28-2011, 02:35 PM
This kind of feels like the handshake line after a hockey series, where opponents who have spent hours bludgeoning each other all of a sudden act like civilized gentlemen, shake hands and congratulate each other.

I've enjoyed watching UNC's season unfold. They really righted the ship after last season's debacle and a shaky start to this year. I'm glad they're back among the nation's elite, as it makes beating them that much more satisfying. I'm sure they feel the same way about us. Well, most of them anyways. Even though they made it one round farther than we did, I feel like the teams were pretty equal for the year as a whole. I wish we could have played Marquette again instead of Arizona, but that's water under the bridge at this point. Will wait to see who among them leaves early. Depending on departures, both Duke and UNC could be strong national contenders next year, or could drop to being merely solid teams with a lot of question marks.

-bdbd
03-28-2011, 02:42 PM
UNC fan here. It has been a fun year for you and for us. This is the first year I have read your board, and the first year I have read IC and it was entertaining to say the least. Now that it is all over, we (or atleast I) can exhale and congratulate you on a great season, tournament, and bid a farewell to your seniors that I have had the unfortunate pleasure of watching for 4 seasons now. It is truly special and entertaining when they stick around, regardless of the shade of blue they put on come game time. I hope next year will be just as entertaining with two of the top programs in college basketball being able to go at one another once again....

Nice post JRH.
It used to be that we said that there were THREE ACC seasons -- regular season, post-season and recruiting season. I think we can now add a fourth, NBA-decision-anticipation season. Both schools are anticipating some pretty big decisions in the next month by players who might jump to the pro's early. Will be interesting. Just something else to follow!

:rolleyes:

trey_dre20
03-28-2011, 04:15 PM
I realize this is a very dumb question but I've heard about the IC boards a thousand times and wonder what it is. is it a free or premium board you have to pay for and how do you get to it?

NSDukeFan
03-28-2011, 04:20 PM
Thanks for your post. I am glad you enjoyed your time here.

The next two months are the "silly season," with all the rumors early departure and eventually a few facts. I don't know why it is such a soap opera, but it always is. One consolation: it couldn't be as tortuous or twisted a path as the Tale of Kyrie's Toe.

sagegrouse

I agree that I enjoy other teams' fans posts for the most part. Your description of the next couple of months is pretty accurate, but I would say you could extend that to include another 4 more months of recruiting speculation, starting line-up and minute discussions. Fortunately, or unfortunately, I will likely be paying attention to all of it.

kong123
03-28-2011, 04:22 PM
I realize this is a very dumb question but I've heard about the IC boards a thousand times and wonder what it is. is it a free or premium board you have to pay for and how do you get to it?

the IC has a free and premium board, just like Duke has. Duke's is the The Devils Den. The free boards are a free for all and anything goes. The premium boards are usually more reserved.

thewoosh31
03-28-2011, 04:24 PM

Thank you for this post. It is truly refreshing to see something like this instead of the vitriol that most of my unc friends post up on facebook when it comes to duke/unc. they could learn a lot from you. best of luck to you guys next season as well.

trey_dre20
03-28-2011, 04:46 PM
the IC has a free and premium board, just like Duke has. Duke's is the The Devils Den. The free boards are a free for all and anything goes. The premium boards are usually more reserved.

do you have a link to the free board?

weezie
03-28-2011, 04:49 PM

GAAAAH! Don't link it! It's bad, bad, evil!

Just figure it out yourself...it's very easy, so easy a 'hole monkey can do it.

OldPhiKap
03-28-2011, 05:17 PM

Not sure if I am allowed to, but if you put insidecarolina in your browser with a www. first and a .com after, it'll get you there (follow links to free basketball or whichever topic you want).

But I'm not one to gossip, so you didn't hear that from me.

4decadedukie
03-30-2011, 07:46 AM
I hope next year will be just as entertaining with two of the top programs in college basketball being able to go at one another once again.

I thank you for the spirit of your post, which exemplifies the essence of the Duke - Carolina rivalry at its very best.