PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Knight

NYC Duke Fan
03-28-2011, 06:45 AM
I could be mistaken about this, but wasn't Knight a very high priority for Duke and didn't I read somewhere in the past that he was very enamoured with Duke when he was still a high schooler in Florida. What happened ?

mkline09
03-28-2011, 06:49 AM
I could be mistaken about this, but wasn't Knight a very high priority for Duke and didn't I read somewhere in the past that he was very enamoured with Duke when he was still a high schooler in Florida. What happened ?

From what I remember Kyrie Irving happened.

brevity
03-28-2011, 07:34 AM

You really prefer starting new threads about old topics over searching for old threads, don't you?

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?10243

OZZIE4DUKE
03-28-2011, 08:21 AM
Bandon Knight went to Pine Crest in Ft. Lauderdale, FL, my alma mater. Lots of Pine Crest students come to Duke - I was one of three from the class of 1972. He was a straight A student and was easily qualified academically (without basketball) to get into Duke. As I remember hearing it, early on in the recruiting process it was it was whoever we could get to commit first, if either, between Kyrie and Brandon, we would be thrilled. Both are great players and we were, and are, thrilled! Just too bad Kyrie had the toe thing this year. Who knew. Such is life.

OZZIE4DUKE
03-28-2011, 08:26 AM
You really prefer starting new threads about old topics over searching for old threads, don't you?

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?10243
I for one hate it when posters or the mods drag up two year old threads and merge new questions into them. It's new, it's fresh, let's start over.

Duvall
03-28-2011, 08:46 AM
I for one hate it when posters or the mods drag up two year old threads and merge new questions into them. It's new, it's fresh, let's start over.

I don't think he was suggesting that the old thread be revived, only that the new thread is unnecessary. That's what the archives are for.

UrinalCake
03-28-2011, 10:45 AM
My understanding was that Knight was leaning towards going to Florida or Kentucky, though Duke was still in the mix. Irving was 100% sold on Duke, so we went in that direction. Plus the coaching staff must have liked what they saw in Irving because his game really took off during his senior year in high school, even though Knight was slightly more highly ranked. Again, both are great players and seem to be great kids. This year's class seemed to have a lot of great point guards (Irving, Knight, Selby, Cory Joseph, plus Marshall and Harrow)

SupaDave
03-28-2011, 11:27 AM
BK normally entered the Duke convo b/c he was teammates with Boynton whom we recruited heavily of course. Duke was never truly considered to be a destination - especially the way the decisions all went down.

Knight grew a lot this year and has especially wowed in the tourney.

He's been super clutch the last few weeks and proved it yesterday hitting several key back breaking three points shots. He was UK's "Millenium Falcon" to UNC's "Black Falcon"...

fgb
03-28-2011, 11:43 AM
i remember at the time being super happy about the way things turned out (signing kyrie as opposed to bk), because knight was seen as a one-and-done, while kyrie, as i recall, was being talked about at the time of his commitment as a 3-4 year player.

i'm still glad it was kyrie, but man, that changed quick.