PDA

View Full Version : Lance Thomas has seizure during Toros game

dad3mass
03-26-2011, 05:04 PM
http://projectspurs.com/2011-articles/march/toros-lance-thomas-suffers-seizures-during-game.html

Sure am hoping he is all right....very scary. I found this out because my Duke alum friends were at the game....said he was awake and talking as he left.

loldevilz
03-26-2011, 05:09 PM
oh my gosh. my prayers go out to him and his family.

Lord Ash
03-26-2011, 05:16 PM
Oh. Hope Lance is fine!

FireOgilvie
03-26-2011, 06:02 PM
Ugh. Bad news. Seizures are never good... hopefully there's no horrible underlying cause for it. It's also sad because it definitely hurts his chances of making an NBA roster. I hope he's okay.

roywhite
03-26-2011, 06:10 PM
Best wishes to Lance.

I was thinking about him after the loss to Arizona --- we could have used his defense and toughness in that game. He was also a fine leader on the championship team.

Faison1
03-26-2011, 06:12 PM
We're thinking of you Lance! We also missed to you tremendously this year!

mark34
03-26-2011, 06:16 PM
I was at the Austin Toros game today and Lance Thomas had a scary injury. He was fouled very hard. He stepped away holding his wrist. Then he went into convulsions, having an apparent seizure. He was completely incapacitated for about 5 minutes or so. The entire stadium was holding its breath since it was just awful looking. They took him out in a stretcher. I talked to someone a little later and apparently he was doing ok back in the locker room.

I had a chance to talk with him prior to the game. What a great guy. Was an honor to meet him. All the best for his speedy recovery.

I figured his fans here on DBR would want to know.

TallMan
03-26-2011, 07:28 PM
Lance tweets that he is OK.

@slangmagic‎ I'm feeling a lot better everyone ! Thanks for the love and for caring.

ncexnyc
03-26-2011, 07:31 PM
It's unfortunate that something like this has to happen to bring us back to what's really important in life. Hope Lance is back on his feet soon and working towards his goal of making the NBA.

Gthoma2a
03-26-2011, 07:33 PM
Wow, I hope everything is okay with him. I don't want this to be something that happens again. He is a great guy, and a definite leader. I know he is okay now, but my thoughts are with him, and I really hope it isn't a sign of anything else.

DevilWearsPrada
03-26-2011, 07:41 PM
Love LT! Glad to hear, he is doing better! Thoughts and prayers for Lance, and his family and teammates.

LT would always come out after the basketball games. I would see LT out once or twice a week, eating at the same places in Durham.

Please keep DBR updated!

The best to Lance and stay healthy!

skylar
03-26-2011, 09:46 PM
very startling news, i wish him a fast and stable recovery.

weezie
03-26-2011, 09:56 PM
Lance, we love you and are all behind you wishing you a very fast and complete recovery!
Go LT!!!

Son of Mojo
03-26-2011, 10:31 PM
Just glad to hear he's feeling better after this occurred. Let's hope there aren't any repeats of this in his future.

-bdbd
03-27-2011, 01:01 AM
Lance, we are all praying for you. Get better quick.

If anyone learns more about this, then please do share. Always awful to see a member of the 'family' suffering.

loran16
03-27-2011, 01:39 AM
Lance has tweeted to numerous people that he's okay now.

http://twitter.com/slangmagic

Lord Ash
03-27-2011, 10:21 AM
Very, very glad to hear Lance will be okay. A great kid, and hate to hear of that happening. I wonder what caused it? Would a big impact cause that, as they seem to be implying?

coldriver10
03-27-2011, 10:35 AM
Very, very glad to hear Lance will be okay. A great kid, and hate to hear of that happening. I wonder what caused it? Would a big impact cause that, as they seem to be implying?
Sure, if the impact was to his head and was bad enough. All a seizure is is a focus of electrical activity in the brain where all the neurons are firing at once, and a significant blow to the head could create that scenario.

mark34
03-27-2011, 11:21 PM
Sure, if the impact was to his head and was bad enough. All a seizure is is a focus of electrical activity in the brain where all the neurons are firing at once, and a significant blow to the head could create that scenario.

I was very close and was watching at the time...I don't think he was hit in the head at all. All of the impact was on his wrist and hand. He walked away holding his wrist in pain, then his face contorted, then the rest ...

They interviewed Lance on local news tonight. He looked good. Sat out the game today, but says he his fine, just like his tweets.

A-Tex Devil
03-29-2011, 08:57 PM
Heard the Toros coach on the radio this morning. He has a concussion.

He is doing pretty well down here. I think he has the ability to cut his teeth in the D-league for 2 or 3 years and play a Chuck Hayes type role for an NBA team.

4decadedukie
03-30-2011, 07:33 AM
Lance is one of Duke's most contributing -- and least appreciate -- players. He will ALWAYS be an alumnus in whom I have unlimited pride. He is in my prayers and I hope he receives outstanding post-concussion medical care.