PDA

View Full Version : WBB - S16 Duke Vs. DePaul

DU82
03-25-2011, 05:43 PM
Moving on, the women are heading to Philadelphia, and the campus of Temple, for their round of 16 game against DePaul. DePaul is one of three Big East teams to make it to the regional, along with Georgetown, who blitzed Maryland in College Park on Tuesday, and the overall number one seed, UConn.

The game is the second game on Sunday (after UConn-Georgetown), at approximately 2:30PM. Hopefully, ESPN won't mess around with TV coverage as much as they did last week and we'll be able to watch the full game. (In Durham, we didn't get the majority of time watching Carolina-Kentucky? Not that I was rooting for Sylvia's football players, but not showing a local game like that, and showing a blowout instead? Terrible!)

uh_no
03-25-2011, 06:43 PM
Moving on, the women are heading to Philadelphia, and the campus of Temple, for their round of 16 game against DePaul. DePaul is one of three Big East teams to make it to the regional, along with Georgetown, who blitzed Maryland in College Park on Tuesday, and the overall number one seed, UConn.

The game is the second game on Sunday (after UConn-Georgetown), at approximately 2:30PM. Hopefully, ESPN won't mess around with TV coverage as much as they did last week and we'll be able to watch the full game. (In Durham, we didn't get the majority of time watching Carolina-Kentucky? Not that I was rooting for Sylvia's football players, but not showing a local game like that, and showing a blowout instead? Terrible!)

COuple things:

THese rounds will show a lot for both duke and uconn, Uconn hasn't played as well of late offensively and duke just looked phenomenal last weekend. As, a uconn fan, I'm scared for my huskies running into duke again, and for one, don't expect a repeat of the game earlier this year. I was able to escape a uconn-duke matchup on the men's side do to the most depressing of circumstances, but I'm not sure i'll get so lucky (depressed might be a better word...) on the women's side. That said, I hope both teams win their first game and put forward their best against eachother

thought you could view any of these women's games on 360

wandalee
03-27-2011, 02:33 PM
Game on!! Go Duke!

DevilWearsPrada
03-27-2011, 03:14 PM
The girls are on ESPN2.

Looking good! Go Duke!!!

wandalee
03-27-2011, 03:20 PM
Duke by 13 at the half. We're playing well.

DU82
03-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Solid first half. This is what I expected against Marist, a finesse team getting rattled by our physical D. Obviously, I underestimated Marist, but it sure appears to be true about DePaul.

Karima leading the way along with Jasmine, but just about evereybody is playing well. I noted that Allison make her first shot righthanded, which is a big improvement. She still needs to finish stronger. I also loved Krystal's reaction after her big block late in the half.

Haley's dive on the floor for the ball, then calling for the TO was typical of the play this half. Great, heads up, unselfish play.

We need twenty more minutes like this.

ChrisP
03-27-2011, 04:23 PM
Well, we are trying to give it away. Come on Duke! Some really poor decision making on the break and truly awful FT shooting are not making me comfortable here...

ChrisP
03-27-2011, 04:29 PM
Ugh, so frustrating to watch this game. We have a 6pt lead with like a minute to go and 25 on the shot clock and what do we do? Shoot it and miss! So stupid!!!

wandalee
03-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Not a pretty 2nd half, but we got the win! Revenge against UConn is next!

stillcrazie
03-27-2011, 04:49 PM
Not a pretty 2nd half, but we got the win! Revenge against UConn is next!

Yea, women! Go Duke!

cspan37421
03-27-2011, 05:33 PM
I would like to see the Duke-UConn game date, time, and network posted on the home page of Duke Basketball Report. I know I could look it up elsewhere, but just a little suggestion: especially given how things have played out, and only the women's team is still playing, maybe it would be a nice thing to highlight?

After all, the website is not called Duke Men's Basketball Report.

Hard to imagine that the next game would not be the toughest of the "up to 3"they have left, but UConn did look vulnerable against Georgetown today. It would be a wonderful win; if they could manage it, how could you keep up that intensity for up to 2 more games? Duke 1991 beat UNLV, and held off Kansas (and Ol' Roy), but that was just 1 game.

Well, let's just hope they win the next one. Our most recent effort against them landed with a thud.

uh_no
03-27-2011, 06:08 PM
Well, let's just hope they win the next one. Our most recent effort against them landed with a thud.

Both duke and uconn were very edgy today. FWIW, uconn beat duke by 23 the game after they beat duke. Uconn has had 3 straight 'down' games now...I have no doubt they'll be ready to play, but they really will have a fight from duke. I expect duke to come out with a better game than several months ago.