PDA

View Full Version : How is Seth?

fitimi1
03-25-2011, 12:04 PM
After Seth went down and was taken out, he never returned. I did not hear anything about his injury during the game recap or in any of the interviews. If addressed earlier in one of the posts, I apologize.

Just hope he is OK.

weezie
03-25-2011, 12:10 PM
Wow, you are right...I am sorry that slipped my mind. :(
Get better Seth!

DevilWearsPrada
03-25-2011, 12:38 PM
Between TV and Duke radio last night, I thought I heard it was Seth's hip. He was in obvious pain, and did not return to the game.

But I didnt hear any other updates. And on talk sports radio, there wasnt any updates either, a couple of hours ago.

I know the team is sore with bruises, scratches and bruised and hurt egos. I balled and cried my eyes out, also. Seeing Nolan cry, and Singler's parents, just did me in. And Coach K in the post game, talking about Kyrie crying and he was giving the kid hugs.

Get well Seth!!!

DukeUva Parent
03-25-2011, 12:45 PM
In the past week or so, I remember reading that Seth had been dealing with a hip pointer injury. Seth confirmed that information in an post-game interview. He said he landed right on the hip last night and was unable to play. I thought losing Seth was critical. While playing with the injury may have affected his shooting, he was being very effective on the defensive end.
I'm sure he was disappointed to finish the season with an injury, but hope he recovers quickly. Hip pointer injury are extremely painful and he will need rest to recover.

DevilWearsPrada
03-25-2011, 12:51 PM
Seth is too young for Hip injury. Thanks for the heads up! Hope surgery and all the tweeks on the boys will happen in the next days. Mend and sew em all up.

I know it will take sometime to mend their broken hearts. Mine is broken. And I feel their pain.

FerryFor50
03-25-2011, 01:03 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw him return briefly... but it could have been a mistake seeing through my seething rage at how the game was going.

pfrduke
03-25-2011, 01:17 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw him return briefly... but it could have been a mistake seeing through my seething rage at how the game was going.

He came back in for about 20 seconds, but obviously was in no shape to stay in the game.

jafarr1
03-25-2011, 01:30 PM
I hope it's nothing too serious.

My guess is no matter how bad the injury hurts, the loss hurts him more. He had to wait his turn to be out there after his transfer, and this season, when he gets his chance, he gets hurt and has to watch from the bench as things go down the tubes without him.

UrinalCake
03-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Losing Seth really hurt us yesterday as I felt that Irving was tired (as would be expected given the circumstances) but we had to leave him in. Tyler gave us some minutes but doesn't have the same offensive firepower. Anyways, hope Seth is okay and comes back hungry next season.

tommy
03-28-2011, 01:34 AM
Anyone have an update on Seth? An earlier poster mentioned surgery. Don't know where he got that from. Hips can be strange animals. In any event, I certainly hope the injury was minor. Anyone hear/know anything?

Saratoga2
03-28-2011, 08:07 AM
I had a hip pointer in my youth. I was black and blue from my thigh to my upper abdomen. I got it from being slammed into the frozen ground playing football. It was extremely painful and it took months to fully recover from, but fully recover I did. I assume that Seth had something similar but probably not quite that severe. I would expect he would be back to normal by the late spring or early summer.