PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Chat with Austin Rivers

nyr484
03-25-2011, 11:38 AM
Today at 1:00 p.m.
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/37611/elite-24-austin-rivers

J4Kop99
03-25-2011, 11:51 AM
Someone tell him to call Kyrie up right now and force him to stay.

--Rivers seems like the kind of person that has the ability to make people do things like that. He seems larger than life and has a great personality about him. I could honestly see him getting on Kyrie so much that Kyrie eventually comes back to play with Austin.

I see the conversation going like this...

Austin Rivers: "Whatsup, Kyrie? Tough loss man."
Kyrie Irving: "Yeah, that's my first loss in a Duke jersey and it don't feel too good."
AR: "I hear that. But now that the season's over, you think about next year yet?"
KI: "Nah man, haven't thought about it yet. Still thinking about last night."
AR: "So you saying you're scared?"
KI: "Haha, scared of what bro?"
AR: "You don't want to be my teammate because you think I'll overshadow you."
KI: "Easy there, when did I say that? And anyways, you haven't proven anything in college. It's a whole new ballgame haha"
AR: "I can hear the fear in your voice. You want no part of me next year. You just gonna settle with a loss in the sweet 16."
KI: "Damn, I really didn't think you'd go there."
AR: "Sorry I offended you, I just thought you wanted more than that."
KI: "Be careful what you wish for man."
AR: "Kyr..." (Dial Tone)

3 days later Kyrie, Coach K, and Duke set up a surprise Press conference.

Kyrie Irving: "Originally, I thought it would take longer for me to come to my decision. However, after a few days of thinking, my family and I have decided it would be best if I returned to Duke University for my Sophomore season. There is more that I would like to accomplish at this program."

--Now, isn't that better than anything written on network television?

xinspiration
03-25-2011, 12:51 PM
I hope a version of that conversation is exactly what goes on before April 24th. I'm pretty optimistic, I have to say. It will be a helluva birthday present for me if he says he's coming back :P

CLW
03-25-2011, 01:38 PM
Duke Faithful (Louisiana)

is there any chance you talk Kyrie into staying one more year to play alongside you????

Austin Rivers: (Laughing) I've tried. I've asked him what he was going to do but he doesn't know. I think we would play great together next year. But no matter what, if he stays or if he goes, I will support him.

Well at least he tried. The thought of a 100% healthy So Kyrie Irving and Austin Rivers backcourt has me dreaming of next season.