PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed? Yes. Proud? Hell yes!

dukepsy1963
03-25-2011, 10:05 AM
The other day I saw some footage of our team boarding the bus for the airport. I said to my wife, "those guys are really kids." I meant, of course, that they actually "looked like" young men who were in terrific shape, but still just boys just out of high school.
I thought to myself, "what a responsibilty they have." They have to "please" so many fans out there....their classmates, the press, moms and pops, their girlfriends perhaps, and hoards of couch potatoes like me who never had the skills to play anything when I was their age.
"What men," I said. "What character, what class, what an extraordinary bunch of MEN."
At that moment, I felt like a father and grandfather that I have never been. In that moment they became my kids, my sons, my grandkids. Mine! And, by god, I am proud of them.

Don't worry guys, you did great. And as my father used to say, "look 'em in the eye and let them know who you are." I really know what he meant now.

Despite this one tough loss, you have done super.

And listen, whatever you do in the future, right now you have the world by the tail. Believe it! Enjoy it!! All of us love you.

"Gramps"
Trinity 1963

Go Duke!!!

DukieInKansas
03-25-2011, 10:24 AM
I am disappointed for the team - but NEVER disappointed in the team.

You are amazing young men. Hold your heads high and know that you are loved.

Go Duke!

Aunt (not willing to own up to grandparent status yet)
Trinity '82

moonpie23
03-25-2011, 10:34 AM
i love this team and i'm a dukie for life.....

bjornolf
03-25-2011, 10:39 AM
Definitely so proud of this team. Heartfelt thanks and congratulations on a great season to Kyle, Nolan, Casey, Miles, Mason, Ryan, Andre, Seth, Kyrie, Josh, Tyler, David, and Todd. Same to the coaches, managers and staff. Special thanks to the trainers and medical staff for keeping the guys healthy and getting Kyrie back in action so we got to see him a few more times. That was just straight up magic. Can't wait to see if Kyrie and Mason stay, where the seniors go in the draft, and what the team looks like next year.

Onlyduke
03-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Duke always takes a lot of hits. We aren't loved everywhere ......... that's obvious. But I have always been impressed with the Duke players. They're a class act and I'm very proud to be a fan. I'm sure going to miss these guys ......... to have those seniors in your lineup at a school and program of Duke's caliber says a lot about the program. Sure gonna' miss Nolan and Kyle.

freedevil
03-25-2011, 11:27 AM
Didn't see Nolan's post-game comments, but I liked how they sounded. Always respectful. Hopefully he'll get some (more) major individual accolades to go along with his National Championship. What a great Duke player.