PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Fallon is a HATER!!!!

kong123
03-24-2011, 11:59 AM
http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/steel-network-sports-freak-out-32211/1315714/

Vincetaylor
03-24-2011, 12:01 PM
http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/steel-network-sports-freak-out-32211/1315714/

Who cares

wilson
03-24-2011, 12:16 PM
The feeling is mutual. Jimmy Fallon is pretty much the least funny person in show business.

hurleyfor3
03-24-2011, 12:21 PM
Who cares

Normally that's a Needless Post infraction, but in this case that's about the only acceptable response. He stole that shtick from Letterman, btw.

rthomas
03-24-2011, 12:23 PM
I like it. Pretty funny especially what they say about Dre.

J4Kop99
03-24-2011, 12:27 PM
Jimmy Fallon? C'mon now, he's just another glorified SNL cast member who doesn't deserve half of the success he has.

In terms of great Late Night Talk Show hosts... it is a short list that stops after Carson and Letterman. (in that order too)

However, I will give Fallon credit for something... the other night, when Howard Stern was his guest, Fallon did an incredible Bob Dylan impression.

Fallon doing Dylan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-zLxLHG9Vw

SuperTurkey
03-24-2011, 12:29 PM
The feeling is mutual. Jimmy Fallon is pretty much the least funny person in show business.

Carlos Mencia begs to differ.

SupaDave
03-24-2011, 12:32 PM
Jimmy Fallon? C'mon now, he's just another glorified SNL cast member who doesn't deserve half of the success he has.

In terms of great Late Night Talk Show hosts... it is a short list that stops after Carson and Letterman. (in that order too)

However, I will give Fallon credit for something... the other night, when Howard Stern was his guest, Fallon did an incredible Bob Dylan impression.

Fallon doing Dylan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-zLxLHG9Vw

Personally, I wouldn't mind another Arsenio Hall late night show. The Magic Hour was decent even though Magic spoke like he had marbles in his mouth. And George Lopez is no slouch - he's just not cool enough. If Dave Chappelle went the talk show route he would immediately shut down all competition.

J4Kop99
03-24-2011, 12:40 PM
Personally, I wouldn't mind another Arsenio Hall late night show. The Magic Hour was decent even though Magic spoke like he had marbles in his mouth. And George Lopez is no slouch - he's just not cool enough. If Dave Chappelle went the talk show route he would immediately shut down all competition.

George Lopez? I strongy disagree with that. I have actually watched his show a few times and the only word I'm left with is, horrible. It's too corny and forced.

Letterman is so great because he simply does not care at all. He's more famous than 90% of his guests too. He has that New York City attitude.

Carson was just simply amazing. I could go all day describing why he is far and away the best to ever do it.

Leno is a great stand-up but once he starts interviewing, he turns into a robot reading off of a card.

-Magic Johnson didn't do it for me although I will agree that Arsenio had some talent. As for Chappelle... I don't care if he signs on to do a cooking show on Food Network, anything to get that guy back on TV.

-bdbd
03-24-2011, 12:45 PM

Is he still on the air??

Kinda dopey. Don't like the idea of making fun of college kids' appearances though. Whatever. Not like anybody watches him.

SupaDave
03-24-2011, 01:03 PM
George Lopez? I strongy disagree with that. I have actually watched his show a few times and the only word I'm left with is, horrible. It's too corny and forced.

Letterman is so great because he simply does not care at all. He's more famous than 90% of his guests too. He has that New York City attitude.

Carson was just simply amazing. I could go all day describing why he is far and away the best to ever do it.

Leno is a great stand-up but once he starts interviewing, he turns into a robot reading off of a card.

-Magic Johnson didn't do it for me although I will agree that Arsenio had some talent. As for Chappelle... I don't care if he signs on to do a cooking show on Food Network, anything to get that guy back on TV.

I definitely agree that Lopez is too forced. But that's because he's not cool - he's about 10 years too old for the job.

OldPhiKap
03-24-2011, 01:20 PM
Carlos Mencia begs to differ.

David Spade may have responded, but who would know?

BTW -- there is a youtube of some comedian who claims that Mencia steals all of his material, and confronted him on stage. Pretty interesting, but certainly NSFW.

magjayran
03-24-2011, 01:30 PM
I generally don't think Fallon is funny but he does an awesome Neil Young impersonation and that Bob Dylan one is good too.

I actually thought this segment was one of the funnier things I've seen him do. Most of the Coach K stuff was funny and harmless and saying Kyle is what happens when Hulk only gets half mad actually produced an audible laugh from me.

I'm sure Dre has sent this link around to all his locker room pals as well.

When you cheer for a hated team you've got to expect some hate. Getting upset and defensive about some fairly harmless humor like this just makes Duke fans look like whiners.

SuperTurkey
03-24-2011, 01:31 PM
BTW -- there is a youtube of some comedian who claims that Mencia steals all of his material, and confronted him on stage. Pretty interesting, but certainly NSFW.

Yeah, that's the book on Mencia. While we're woefully off topic, I present to you a dissection of Carlos Mencia's relationship with Twitter: 25 Posts Too Unfunny to be Stolen (http://www.cracked.com/blog/a-special-look-at-carlos-mencias-twitter/) (contains some adult language).

NashvilleDevil
03-24-2011, 01:46 PM
Sorry but I found it hilarious.

strawbs
03-24-2011, 02:01 PM
Personally i thought it was harmless. I thought the segment as a whole was dumb, but it was fun seeing the guys get poked fun of a little bit, and i would bet that if they have seen it they enjoyed it (especially dre).

I actually love fallon's show, i think he has the most consistently entertaining show on late night. Letterman is the best host when he is on top of his game, but too often anymore he doesn't seem to care and is just going through the motions.

mickeysgotagun
03-24-2011, 02:54 PM
To be fair, in my opinion, our players aren't the best looking people ever.

DukieTiger
03-24-2011, 03:02 PM
Jimmy Fallon: a lot of room to talk about people's looks.

CrazieDUMB
03-24-2011, 03:04 PM

For a second I thought you mean Carson Daly, at which point I almost punched the computer screen

J4Kop99
03-24-2011, 04:38 PM
Ok, well who's at fault here? I think 99% of people, when they hear the words, "greatest late night talk show host" and "carson" in the same sentence... think of Johnny Carson. I honestly can't believe Carson Daly's name popped into your head, no matter what the topic was.

That's frightening to say the least.

_Gary
03-24-2011, 04:44 PM
To be fair, in my opinion, our players aren't the best looking people ever.

All I know is that my youngest daughter (15) has a huge crush on Andre. She thinks he's the cutest thing. :o Oh, and my wife has some strange fascination with Miles. Every time he appears on screen she says something like, "There he is!" It's starting to make me feel inferior for some reason. LOL

OldPhiKap
03-24-2011, 04:47 PM
All I know is that my youngest daughter (15) has a huge crush on Andre. She thinks he's the cutest thing. :o Oh, and my wife has some strange fascination with Miles. Every time he appears on screen she says something like, "There he is!" It's starting to make me feel inferior for some reason. LOL

Johnny v. Daly? Not even on Parr.

SuperTurkey
03-24-2011, 04:51 PM
Ok, well who's at fault here? I think 99% of people, when they hear the words, "greatest late night talk show host" and "carson" in the same sentence... think of Johnny Carson. I honestly can't believe Carson Daly's name popped into your head, no matter what the topic was.

That's frightening to say the least.

Most kids in college today weren't born or were 1 or 2 years old when Johnny Carson went off the air. Johnny Carson is remembered by many, but he simply hasn't been a current pop culture figure for almost 20 years.

dairedevil
03-24-2011, 08:32 PM
That was just extremely lame, unoriginal, and not funny at all - kinda like SNL has been for a while.

Kdogg
03-24-2011, 09:37 PM
I don't mind him going after Coach K or the Duke program as a whole. That's fair game. I think it is in poor taste to mock the players (or any school not just Duke). They are just a bunch of college kids going about their lives. Plus it's lazy and unoriginal.

left_hook_lacey
04-25-2012, 01:26 AM
Just going ahead and bumping this to the front to save time. I'm sure the "that guy is anti-Duke and it hurts our recruiting" (Jimmy Fallon edition) record will be on loop tomorrow after his show from the Dump.

Please people, go ahead and get it out of your sytems.

weezie
04-25-2012, 08:04 AM
I'm not cool enough to stay up that late on a regular basis so I didn't see the comments under discussion. Y'know, work stuff and all.

In any event, just for the record, fallon couldn't have gotten into Duke on a bus.
Yay for him.

killerleft
04-25-2012, 08:59 AM
Jimmy Fallon is not even on my radar. But Craig Ferguson is. When he's on a roll, nobody else can come close. And he's an American on purpose.

Meal Jar
04-25-2012, 10:05 AM
Johnny v. Daly? Not even on Parr.

Johnny? Parr?

JOHN PARR!

Just sayin.

John Parr was rockin' it in Carson's latter years on television (for those brief glorious months in the 80s).

NAUGHTY NAUGHTY!

Hell Yeah!

-Meal Jar

mickeysgotagun
04-25-2012, 10:21 AM
I just want to say that Jimmy Fallon did this show yesterday in front a of a live audience of UNC students, so I'm not sure if he's really a hater or just playing to the crowd.

Meal Jar
04-25-2012, 10:23 AM
I just want to say that Jimmy Fallon did this show yesterday in front a of a live audience of UNC students, so I'm not sure if he's really a hater or just playing to the crowd.

Well damn, that changes EVERYTHING (seriously). Of COURSE he'd make an anti-Duke joke if the audience was mostly UNC students.

Good work!

-Meal Jar

moonpie23
04-25-2012, 11:06 AM
who is jimmy fallon?

OldPhiKap
04-25-2012, 11:13 AM
who is jimmy fallon?

I think he's a guy in some commercial where a baby throws food at him. So he's got that.

HaveFunExpectToWin
04-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Hmm, I like Jimmy Fallon and his show and thought the Duke joke at UNC was funny in an obvious sort of way. Fallon was there b/c he was interviewing President Obama who was giving a speech at UNC, which is what the Duke joke was based on. Nothing offensive here get riled up about.

Onlyduke
04-25-2012, 11:50 AM

Even if we give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's "just playing to the crowd", I think his comments about the players and the program were very petty .... petty .... petty!

El_Diablo
04-25-2012, 11:53 AM
Hmm, I like Jimmy Fallon and his show and thought the Duke joke at UNC was funny in an obvious sort of way. Fallon was there b/c he was interviewing President Obama who was giving a speech at UNC, which is what the Duke joke was based on. Nothing offensive here get riled up about.

This is the problem with resurrecting year-old threads; it clouds the context in which past comments were made because people start reading a thread and think those comments are recent.

Here, most of the comments here are from March 2011. I have no idea what Fallon said or did then (nor do I care at this point), but whatever riled people up then is not connected to the show he just did in Chapel Hill. I don't even know what happened in the recent show. Can someone elaborate?

mickeysgotagun
04-25-2012, 12:03 PM
This is the problem with resurrecting year-old threads; it clouds the context in which past comments were made because people start reading a thread and think those comments are recent.

Here, most of the comments here are from March 2011. I have no idea what Fallon said or did then (nor do I care at this point), but whatever riled people up then is not connected to the show he just did in Chapel Hill. I don't even know what happened in the recent show. Can someone elaborate?

Haha whoops you're correct. I just saw this on the frontpage and clicked the link, which I think has been updated to show the most recent show which was at chapel hill, not the show that the original post was talking about.

El_Diablo
04-25-2012, 12:05 PM
Okay, here's the joke he made last night before Obama came on stage. I'm paraphrasing.

"President Obama told me that, even though he's in Chapel Hill, he's not going to pander to the crowd. Which is weird, because I heard he just changed his campaign slogan from 'Yes, we can!' to 'Duke sucks!'" [huge cheers from crowd]

That seems pretty innocuous to me, left_hook_lacey. Unless there was something else in addition to that, I don't think anyone would have been in a rush to put the "Jimmy Fallon is anti-Duke" record on loop if you had not brought it up yourself. :D

Jderf
04-25-2012, 12:20 PM
Even if we give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's "just playing to the crowd", I think his comments about the players and the program were very petty .... petty .... petty!

But should we really be all up in arms every time a comedian stoops to being petty? I feel like our skin should be a bit thicker than that. After all, being petty is pretty much their profession.

devildeac
04-25-2012, 01:00 PM
Okay, here's the joke he made last night before Obama came on stage. I'm paraphrasing.

"President Obama told me that, even though he's in Chapel Hill, he's not going to pander to the crowd. Which is weird, because I heard he just changed his campaign slogan from 'Yes, we can!' to 'Duke sucks!'" [huge cheers from crowd]

That seems pretty innocuous to me, left_hook_lacey. Unless there was something else in addition to that, I don't think anyone would have been in a rush to put the "Jimmy Fallon is anti-Duke" record on loop if you had not brought it up yourself. :D

jimmy fallon can GTH then with the rest of his audience.

UrinalCake
04-25-2012, 01:47 PM
Well I for one thought the joke was pretty funny. "Duke sucks" is a pretty universal meme. If you get offended every time someone says it then you're going to have a pretty unhappy time as a Duke fan. The day that people stop saying "Duke sucks" will be the day Duke is no longer any good and therefore no one cares (and ironically, at that point they actually would suck).

On an unrelated note, I see that this thread was started by Kong. Anyone know where he's been? He seemed to disappear right around the same time Wheat showed up. Has anyone seen those two in the same room together?!? ;)

Poincaré
04-25-2012, 02:26 PM
jimmy fallon can GTH then with the rest of his audience.

I would argue that if you are watching Jimmy Fallon then you are already in hell.

OldPhiKap
04-25-2012, 03:12 PM

Yawn. If the speech was at Duke, he'd've done a GTH,C joke. Pretty standard, nothing here to see.