PDA

View Full Version : Twitter Sicko harassing Kyrie Irving

Dukegbw3
03-20-2011, 11:07 PM
Don't know what's wrong with people but somebody is harassing Kyrie on his twitter account and saying awful, malicious things about his family. Is there any recourse for this sort of thing?

Chris Randolph
03-20-2011, 11:11 PM
Saw this too! As sad as it is, it is the risk you take when you put yourself out in the public like this

Orange&BlackSheep
03-20-2011, 11:12 PM
Don't know what's wrong with people but somebody is harassing Kyrie on his twitter account and saying awful, malicious things about his family. Is there any recourse for this sort of thing?

He can easily block that user but I suspect he is too busy for that right now!

g-money
03-20-2011, 11:18 PM
Is the person anonymous? If we can find out their identity, a public shaming in the form of a cut and paste onto the front page of DBR might be in order.

lilblue
03-20-2011, 11:18 PM
Not real big on twitter but couldn't Kyrie followers then follow the jerk and blow up his twitter with the same kind of BS.

DukeGirl4ever
03-20-2011, 11:19 PM
He can easily block that user but I suspect he is too busy for that right now!

I think I remember him saying that he was done with Twitter during the tourney so maybe he doesn't even know it's going on? Idk, I have checked twitter today.

Some people have no life. I'm a firm believer in Karma!

DukeGirl4ever
03-20-2011, 11:21 PM
I think I remember him saying that he was done with Twitter during the tourney so maybe he doesn't even know it's going on? Idk, I have checked twitter today.

NM, I just saw Kyrie responded...just more fuel for the fire, Kyrie!

NashvilleDevil
03-20-2011, 11:22 PM

He tweeted the person's name. The guilty party was using Kyrie's twitter handle in their tweets so it would show up in Kyrie's twitter feed, plus the person was using all caps so they would stand out from Kyrie's other followers.

SuperTurkey
03-20-2011, 11:22 PM
Not real big on twitter but couldn't Kyrie followers then follow the jerk and blow up his twitter with the same kind of BS.

Her.

And it's not really that kind of situation. The things she's saying are messed up and personal. Even if others knew personal information about the her, it seems highly unlikely that joining the fight will have any positive effect. But, I think it's obvious that this user is not a 'Duke Lover' despite her username.

This kind of stuff happens with Twitter. After the Duke win at Maryland, some Terp fan said awful stuff to Nolan (about his father) and other Duke players via Twitter.

Dukegbw3
03-20-2011, 11:44 PM
I'm not totally versed with the rules of twitter, but I'm assuming that "Melissa Rodriguez" is probably not the offenders real name....i.e. can you put down an alias whenever you register?

Bluedog
03-20-2011, 11:46 PM
I'm not totally versed with the rules of twitter, but I'm assuming that "Melissa Rodriguez" is probably not the offenders real name....i.e. can you put down an alias whenever you register?

You can put down whatever you want. Normally I'd say simply ignore, but clearly Kyrie was bothered enough by it to mention it...I'm sure his 37,000+ followers have his back.

SuperTurkey
03-20-2011, 11:51 PM

Yep, verification only happens for celebrities.

muzikfrk75
03-21-2011, 12:32 AM
Nolan's tweet:
we can find you.

http://twitter.com/NdotSmitty/status/49657754222215168

Don't know if he was talking about the Kyrie tweets though.

Exiled_Devil
03-21-2011, 01:01 AM
Looks like her twitter handle has been decommissioned. Hope that is over, and hope it isn't someone who follows him into a real life situation.

El_Diablo
03-21-2011, 01:12 AM
Geez. A real Duke fan would not create an account with Duke in the handle, immediately follow a bunch of Duke basketball stuff, and then start bashing a player publicly like that..all within a matter of hours. It's clearly a troll/impostor, with the intent of getting under our player's skin from a supposed "Duke" fan. Anything to keep him from coming back next year, eh? Sad.

I'm sure Kyrie is bright enough to see right through stupid shenanigans like that from opposing fanbases. Hopefully it just makes him hungrier to destroy the opposition when their fans stoop to such low measures.

Hancock 4 Duke
03-21-2011, 02:00 AM
No, she's still at it. She posted his phone number and a picture of him shirtless. Kyrie followers are blowing him/her up. Kyrie said he found out who it was, he doesn't seemed to bothered by it anymore. At first, it was really getting to him.

CajunDevil
03-21-2011, 07:21 AM
The tweets communicated threats...it has been a decade since I practiced law so I'm not up on each element of that crime, but still... she/it may have committed a criminal act.

jtelander
03-21-2011, 07:28 AM
I think I remember him saying that he was done with Twitter during the tourney

Too bad he didn't stick to this

rthomas
03-21-2011, 09:33 AM
Last night I went to the Duke Blue Planet site to see if there was anything new and saw that Kyrie was getting brutally harassed on his twitter. There is something really wrong with that person.

I don't really understand how twitter works but can you not block someone from writing on your page (or whatever it is). There is a reason you don't make your cell phone number public - although I remember somebody from Maryland getting one of our players cell phone numbers and call incessantly the night before a game or something.

If I were Kyrie, I'd discontinue my twitter account until summer or something.

NashvilleDevil
03-21-2011, 09:36 AM
Last night I went to the Duke Blue Planet site to see if there was anything new and saw that Kyrie was getting brutally harassed on his twitter. There is something really wrong with that person.

I don't really understand how twitter works but can you not block someone from writing on your page (or whatever it is). There is a reason you don't make your cell phone number public - although I remember somebody from Maryland getting one of our players cell phone numbers and call incessantly the night before a game or something.

If I were Kyrie, I'd discontinue my twitter account until summer or something.

You can block them from following you and I think that is it. If that person sends out a tweet with @kyrieiriving in the message than Kyrie is going to see that in his timeline whether he blocks that person or not.

DevilOfATime
03-21-2011, 10:03 AM
I know on FB you can block and report the person to FB for harassment. I don't know if that is the same for Twitter or not. Since I am not big fan of twitter, and found it boring. I haven't used Twitter for over a year now. But if its like FB you can report the person for harassment or Irving can.

cruxer
03-21-2011, 10:24 AM
Regardless of legality, this user is probably violating Twitter's terms of service, and is likely posting from a single IP address, regardless of how many handles they've created to do the harrassing. Getting some admins involved could probably put an end to this issue pretty quickly.

-c

rhcpflea99
03-21-2011, 10:26 AM
Disgusting!!!!! I don't use twitter but I googled Kyrie's and kept up with it. Hope Kyrie stays focus.

dukelifer
03-21-2011, 10:37 AM
The tweets communicated threats...it has been a decade since I practiced law so I'm not up on each element of that crime, but still... she/it may have committed a criminal act.

Reminds me of when Gene Banks was threatened in the Final Four in 1978. This harassment of course adds a new dimension.

geraldsneighbor
03-21-2011, 10:56 AM
I attempted to go on to Kyrie's twitter page today and upon clicking it there was a notification that the account has been suspended.

Andy7207
03-21-2011, 10:59 AM
It was cool to see Jared Sullinger and John Wall tweeting him support though.

Richard Berg
03-21-2011, 01:29 PM
You can block them from following you and I think that is it. If that person sends out a tweet with @kyrieiriving in the message than Kyrie is going to see that in his timeline whether he blocks that person or not.
Do famous twitterers really read all of their @at messages? I can't even read all my email, and I'm no celebrity.

NashvilleDevil
03-21-2011, 01:39 PM
Do famous twitterers really read all of their @at messages? I can't even read all my email, and I'm no celebrity.

I am sure they don't but this individual used all caps and fired off about 4 or 5 tweets to Kyrie in a 5-10 minute span. Some celebs have 1 million+ followers and I am sure they don't read them all but Kyrie has about 35,000 or so and his feed may not be as crowded making those tweets stand out.

epoulsen
03-21-2011, 04:19 PM
I have never viewed a twitter page, and while I don't mean to veer away from this thread topic, I viewed my first today and the grammar (or lack of it) gave me a headache. Not Kyrie's tweets (twits?), but others that I decided to check out. I literally had no idea what I was reading. And I don't mean just the use of '@' and '#' (I know those have some cryptic meaning), I mean the use of 'too' rather than 'to', 'there' instead of 'their' and 'then' for 'than'.

EX: "Than there team suckz to bruh"

First of all, where the hell is 'bruh'? And how can you suck to it? My jaw fell open after reading that, and I just had to close my web browser. I am by no means an authority on grammar, but has it's use gone the way of the dodo?

rasputin
03-21-2011, 04:25 PM

First of all, where the hell is 'bruh'? And how can you suck to it? My jaw fell open after reading that, and I just had to close my web browser. I am by no means an authority on grammar, but has it's use gone the way of the dodo?

I suppose, then, that:p you are asking whether "its" use has done the way of the dodo . . .

WakeDevil
03-21-2011, 04:25 PM
Is this a woman scorned? She has a pic and his number.

I'm reminded of the woman in High Plains Drifter and the remark of the "runt."

WakeDevil
03-21-2011, 04:27 PM
Bruh is brother. Nothing wrong with a grammar shortcut, etc. as long as it has its place.

I misuse it's and its not from ignorance but because we use the contraction a lot more than the possessive adjective.

DukeGirl4ever
03-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Is this a woman scorned? She has a pic and his number.

I got the same vibe from her...

chattpanther
03-21-2011, 04:49 PM
Nolan's tweet:

http://twitter.com/NdotSmitty/status/49657754222215168

Don't know if he was talking about the Kyrie tweets though.

Kyrie Irving's twitter account has been deleted. I enjoyed his tweets and sorry it came to this with Melissa Rodriquez http://twitter.com/DukeLvr1989

wilson
03-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Kyrie Irving's twitter account has been deleted. I enjoyed his tweets and sorry it came to this with Melissa Rodriquez http://twitter.com/DukeLvr1989What a bummer. I don't care for Twitter and don't use it (in large part due to precisely the reasons that rendered Kyrie unable to do anything about this situation short of taking such drastic measures), but nobody, Duke player or otherwise, deserves such depraved, hateful harassment.

DukeGirl4ever
03-21-2011, 06:01 PM
Kyrie Irving's twitter account has been deleted. I enjoyed his tweets and sorry it came to this with Melissa Rodriquez http://twitter.com/DukeLvr1989

From what I have seen, it says his account has been suspended? How in the world can his account be suspended? He had tweeted something about 8 hours ago.

I shall say it again, Karma....I hope Karma finds Ms. Melissa Rodriquez.

xinspiration
03-21-2011, 06:02 PM
i just checked kyrie's twitter and he seems to be back. told a follower who called him that the phone number dukelvr1989 posted isn't his...
i wonder what that deactivation was about. hope he's fine now and not too deeply affected by the whole incident.

Jderf
03-21-2011, 08:56 PM
http://twitter.com/DukeLvr1989/status/49986788126756864

and tonight i release text message conversations between me and kyrie...

I'm really hoping nothing blows up from this... this person seems crazy (and not in the "Cameron sense"). The last thing the team needs right now is a distraction.

trey_dre20
03-21-2011, 09:26 PM
If this person decides to release text messages this could get really ugly really fast. on her twitter wall she posted a picture that kyrie sent her without his shirt on so it makes you wonder what else he could have sent her that could get him in a lot of trouble. cross your fingers that she doesn't know/release anything serious

NashvilleDevil
03-21-2011, 09:28 PM
If this person decides to release text messages this could get really ugly really fast. on her twitter wall she posted a picture that kyrie sent her without his shirt on so it makes you wonder what else he could have sent her that could get him in a lot of trouble. cross your fingers that she doesn't know/release anything serious

Kyrie tweeted that picture last year after he got a tattoo on his chest.

trey_dre20
03-21-2011, 09:45 PM
oh I didnt know that. well in that case my level of worry has gone down dramatically

moonpie23
03-21-2011, 10:09 PM
screen shots of text messages can be easily faked.....it may appear bad, but it's quite possible it's a frame...

someone will track her (him.....might just be a jealous opponent's fan) down......

NovaScotian
03-21-2011, 10:48 PM
I have never viewed a twitter page, and while I don't mean to veer away from this thread topic, I viewed my first today and the grammar (or lack of it) gave me a headache. Not Kyrie's tweets (twits?), but others that I decided to check out. I literally had no idea what I was reading. And I don't mean just the use of '@' and '#' (I know those have some cryptic meaning), I mean the use of 'too' rather than 'to', 'there' instead of 'their' and 'then' for 'than'.

yea, and get off my lawn you crazy kids!

but seriously, if that picture is an old one, i don't think kyrie should have anything to worry about.

epoulsen
03-22-2011, 12:38 AM
I suppose, then, that:p you are asking whether "its" use has done the way of the dodo . . .

haha, indeed. Again, by no means am I an authority on grammar. And as for keeping the kids off my lawn they don't bother me, it's those dang hippies

Indoor66
03-22-2011, 08:49 AM
haha, indeed. Again, by no means am I an authority on grammar. And as for keeping the kids off my lawn they don't bother me, it's those dang hippies

Isn't that the same group?

wilson
03-22-2011, 09:45 AM
haha, indeed.Don't you mean "lol"?:rolleyes:

epoulsen
03-22-2011, 10:13 AM
Don't you mean "lol"?:rolleyes:

I think since there were two "ha"s it would actually be "lolz" with a 'z', because it's plural, right? As in "laughz out loudz".

As for hippies and kids being in the same group I think Indoor66 is getting hippies confused with hipsters. Both groups cause problems though, while one is raiding my blueberry bushes the other is raiding my vintage L.A. Gears collection.

meloveduke
03-22-2011, 10:49 AM
she is probably a stalker that tried to get a date with KI, when she was turned down she flipped. I just reported her as spam, everyone should do the same.

moonpie23
03-22-2011, 11:06 AM
her (his? could be just an irate opponent's fan) latest tweets say she's "uploading" text messages ...(which is bs, cause you don't have to "upload" the text messages)

the person known as DukeLvr1989 also tweeted a question regarding THAT KIND of photo.....

checking the TOS for twitter, it clearly says that they won't do much to stop this person unless they communicate a "physical threat"......

one more reason the interwebs are good and bad...

meloveduke
03-22-2011, 03:04 PM
I believe that if enough people report them as spam then they will do something. she is spamming KI with all these....

SuperTurkey
03-22-2011, 03:09 PM
I believe that if enough people report them as spam then they will do something. she is spamming KI with all these....

I'm not sure that would work. It would require Twitter to accept a fairly broad definition of spamming and to have the time to focus on this situation. Twitter has enough trouble keeping their site operational. I'm not sure how much excess time they have to deal with troublesome users.

meloveduke
03-22-2011, 03:19 PM
I'm not sure that would work. It would require Twitter to accept a fairly broad definition of spamming and to have the time to focus on this situation. Twitter has enough trouble keeping their site operational. I'm not sure how much excess time they have to deal with troublesome users.

According to this site they are spamming KI. http://spam.abuse.net/overview/whatisspam.shtml

I dont know that they will do anything at all, but what have we to lose? It only takes a second to report them. If they dont do anythhing then oh well, still not out anything at all. Least we can do to help KI out, dont you think?

wtm001
03-22-2011, 09:47 PM
It seems Kyrie deleted his twitter

Gthoma2a
03-22-2011, 10:22 PM
They're on to Facebook now. They posted on his birthday message. People need to get a life.

NYBri
03-22-2011, 11:44 PM
Folks need to get a life.

Dissapointed because KI really liked his twitter account.

sdotbarbee
03-24-2011, 09:13 AM
A lot of speculation is it is a girl that goes by the twitter handle iHateMissHawaii. She seems to talk smack the same way Dukelvr1989 did plus she released some supposed text messages from KI and showed her call list and KI's number was on there. Jerry(Blank908) is one of KI's best friends back home and he said she is a groupie that tried to get with KI while he was in Charlotte this weekend but I guess he kind of blew her off. I am not sure how she got KI's number but she apparently not only put his number out on twitter but also put it on craigslist and had people calling and asking to talk to his mother. Whoever this person is has some real problems and could really use some help. I loved following KI on twitter but I am glad he deleted it so he can focus on the task at hand and not on some crazy person.

RockLobster
03-24-2011, 04:50 PM
A lot of speculation is it is a girl that goes by the twitter handle iHateMissHawaii. She seems to talk smack the same way Dukelvr1989 did plus she released some supposed text messages from KI and showed her call list and KI's number was on there. Jerry(Blank908) is one of KI's best friends back home and he said she is a groupie that tried to get with KI while he was in Charlotte this weekend but I guess he kind of blew her off. I am not sure how she got KI's number but she apparently not only put his number out on twitter but also put it on craigslist and had people calling and asking to talk to his mother. Whoever this person is has some real problems and could really use some help. I loved following KI on twitter but I am glad he deleted it so he can focus on the task at hand and not on some crazy person.

The same Twitterer (or is it Tweeter?), Jerry, is also claiming that the screenshots that supposedly show Kyrie talking to this person are fake.

http://twitter.com/Blank908/status/50809203618611200

SoCalDukeFan
03-25-2011, 08:09 PM
The same Twitterer (or is it Tweeter?), Jerry, is also claiming that the screenshots that supposedly show Kyrie talking to this person are fake.

http://twitter.com/Blank908/status/50809203618611200

Sad and sick.

SoCal

AlaskanAssassin
03-25-2011, 08:55 PM
Apparently there is an article about it:

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2011/03/dukes-kyrie-irving-accused-of-harrassment-by-model-miiss-hawaii-see-the-texts/

DMV2434
03-26-2011, 03:56 PM
http://twitter.com/RealKyrieIrving

DukeGirl4ever
03-26-2011, 06:35 PM
Think this is the same girl.

kong123
03-26-2011, 06:36 PM
Why do you guys care about teenage drama?

DukeGirl4ever
03-26-2011, 06:46 PM
Why do you guys care about teenage drama?

Dear Kong,

It is not teenage drama when the person has filed a supposed harassment charge against Kyrie. I think that's pretty serious stuff. No player should have to go through anything like that and I firmly believe the psycho is making this stuff up. Let me ask you, why do you care to read about the supposed teenage drama? If it doesn't interest you, don't open it!

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2011/03/dukes-kyrie-irving-accused-of-harrassment-by-model-miiss-hawaii-see-the-texts/

May I ask, would you care if something serious like this was happening to a Carolina player? I think it's a shame for any athlete.

kong123
03-26-2011, 06:55 PM
Dear Kong,

It is not teenage drama when the person has filed a supposed harassment charge against Kyrie. I think that's pretty serious stuff. No player should have to go through anything like that and I firmly believe the psycho is making this stuff up. Let me ask you, why do you care to read about the supposed teenage drama? If it doesn't interest you, don't open it!

May I ask, would you care if something serious like this was happening to a Carolina player? I think it's a shame for any athlete.

Is it real? If it is real and it can actually cause trouble for the kid, then of course I would be worried. But, if it is just drama, then who cares? Now that his injury has healed, why are you still following his twitter? I just think we forget that these players are kids and that as big and mature as they seem, they still deal with teenage drama the way a teenager would.

DukeGirl4ever
03-26-2011, 06:59 PM
Is it real? If it is real and it can actually cause trouble for the kid, then of course I would be worried. But, if it is just drama, then who cares? Now that his injury has healed, why are you still following his twitter? I just think we forget that these players are kids and that as big and mature as they seem, they still deal with teenage drama the way a teenager would.

I personally have not followed Twitter in the last few days. However, if you have a twitter account and you follow those guys, that stuff will come up in the feed. So, I 'm not sure you insinuating that Duke fans have no life because they check their twitter account is legit.

I will try to be respectful to your question and say that I don't know if the harassment charge is real or not, but the fact that she put it out there means I'd take it a bit serious if I was the player. I don't see teenage drama here - I see a vindictive woman who is out for blood.

Gthoma2a
03-26-2011, 07:41 PM
I don't see why we let people diminish the problems that one of the most talented players we have ever had is facing due to a psycho on here. I understand you are a Carolina fan who is "looking for ammo", but if that is your scenario, then they should probably ban you from discussions. That is no offense, but I think it would just protect from trolling, even when accidental (not saying any one comment is, and my opinion is simply my opinion). We will be concerned about any situation our players face that is unfair to them. A crazy person harassing one of our players brings out a defensive instinct in us. We care about the team and our players, so we tend to be protective.

loran16
03-26-2011, 07:51 PM
Kyrie btw is back on twitter at http://twitter.com/RealKyrieIrving

Lord Ash
03-26-2011, 08:38 PM
This is the same person. Pretty crazy story, too, and a number of other basketball players have chimed in, including KM from UNC and Jared S from OSU. Nolan even got involved with a "We'll find you" warning... shame that the guys had to put up with this, especially during the tourney.

moonpie23
03-26-2011, 09:04 PM
does ANYONE really think there could be warrants out for Kyrie and the staff not know about it? really?

this woman is a woman scorned.......or some other school's fan...

kong123
03-26-2011, 09:11 PM
I don't see why we let people diminish the problems that one of the most talented players we have ever had is facing due to a psycho on here. I understand you are a Carolina fan who is "looking for ammo", but if that is your scenario, then they should probably ban you from discussions. That is no offense, but I think it would just protect from trolling, even when accidental (not saying any one comment is, and my opinion is simply my opinion). We will be concerned about any situation our players face that is unfair to them. A crazy person harassing one of our players brings out a defensive instinct in us. We care about the team and our players, so we tend to be protective.

Of course my "looking for ammo" comment was a joke.

my point is.... if this is some stupid teenage drama and there hasn't been any charges filed and this hasn't made it to the press, then perhaps it isn't real? Just a bit of made up drama by a girl who is not getting the attention she was looking for? are you adding to the problem? guys, we are talking about a scorned teenage girl who is making twitter threats. stop reading their tweets.

WiJoe
03-26-2011, 09:24 PM

my point is.... if this is some stupid teenage drama and there hasn't been any charges filed and this hasn't made it to the press, then perhaps it isn't real? Just a bit of made up drama by a girl who is not getting the attention she was looking for? are you adding to the problem? guys, we are talking about a scorned teenage girl who is making twitter threats. stop reading their tweets.

How many times do we have to go through this with you? Seriously. This is not something to joke about. There are very few people who know what's going on. You are not one of them. So it would be better if you keep the jokes to yourself or take them someplace other than this board.

Verga3
03-26-2011, 09:31 PM
College kids, high profile athletes or not, are routinely drawn and captured by social media. Political correctness be damned, coaches should just say "No"....If you do choose to tweet and make friends, you must protect yourself with the available security blocks if you want to play on this team. End of discussion.

Thoughts?

Gthoma2a
03-26-2011, 09:37 PM

Say what you want, but it is our right to be offended, and it is our instinct to jump to the aid of our player. For one thing, he was hurt by this, or he wouldn't have removed his Twitter. This person is also rude enough to insult him by using his deceased mother. Personal grudges that this person has are no excuse for using someone's loss of a loved one as their ammunition. IMO, the person is already getting attention, so the best thing we can do is voice our support of Kyrie. He is someone who dedicates himself to bringing the university that we love to the highest levels of respect and prestige. He is a kid with incredible heart and character, so I will continue to defend him with equal heart.

skylar
03-26-2011, 09:43 PM
dukelvr and misshawaii are the same person and i wouldn't put it beyond her to create an account in DBR and start this thread just to try to create a 'situation'. despicable from beginning to end.

kong123
03-26-2011, 09:47 PM
dukelvr and misshawaii are the same person and i wouldn't put it beyond her to create an account in DBR and start this thread just to try to create a 'situation'. despicable from beginning to end.

the OP has also only made one post. sound like a troll?

moonpie23
03-26-2011, 09:53 PM
well, not many security "blocks" on twitter other than not having an account.....blocking someone doesn't keep them from posting.

Facebook is about the same.....you can straddle the fence of the TOS and do a lot of internet damage...

there almost needs to be a "tech" assist coach on the team to handle all the modern technology available to the players now......social media is used relentlessly to spread the player's fanbase....

OldSchool
03-26-2011, 10:10 PM
This is not something to joke about.

Of all people, those in the Raleigh-Durham area should know better than to necessarily dismiss something as a joke.

We have already seen an instance around here of a prostitute with mental health/drug/alcohol issues make charges against 'privileged' athletes and be taken very seriously by the legal authorities.

None of us knows exactly what is going on in this case, but it's nothing to joke about.

Verga3
03-26-2011, 10:12 PM
well, not many security "blocks" on twitter other than not having an account.....blocking someone doesn't keep them from posting.

Facebook is about the same.....you can straddle the fence of the TOS and do a lot of internet damage...

there almost needs to be a "tech" assist coach on the team to handle all the modern technology available to the players now......social media is used relentlessly to spread the player's fanbase....

I admit I'm not "drill down" technical on this, but my two college athletes protect their tweets and Facebook correspondence. No one can access but their "friends". What am I missing or misunderstanding in your post?

weezie
03-26-2011, 10:12 PM
I find it hard to believe that this woman can't be found and/or hasn't all ready been found. Surely there is some investigative branch that the Duke staff has contact with that could easily arrange a private investigation of this woman.

I'm confident that if it the tables were reversed and any player, on any team was threatening another person, you bet the authorities would take it very seriously.

NovaScotian
03-26-2011, 10:31 PM
College kids, high profile athletes or not, are routinely drawn and captured by social media. Political correctness be damned, coaches should just say "No"....If you do choose to tweet and make friends, you must protect yourself with the available security blocks if you want to play on this team. End of discussion.

Thoughts?

yea, you sound like you would be a lot of fun to play for.

Verga3
03-26-2011, 10:33 PM
yea, you sound like you would be a lot of fun to play for.

You don't have to play at Duke.

moonpie23
03-26-2011, 10:33 PM
actually, weezie, i doubt it.....she's not doing anything other than bad mouthing Kyrie....real threats might be looked at, but just trash talking is not going to get the police involved...

sigh, she can just continue to make a fool of himself......

kyrie will still be a huge star and this guy will still be a wannabe...

weezie
03-26-2011, 11:09 PM
actually, weezie, i doubt it.....she's not doing anything other than bad mouthing Kyrie....real threats might be looked at, but just trash talking is not going to get the police involved...

The bit about "her" having warrants brought? moonie, I gotta believe that K has someone looking into this.
But, even though I know you are very probably right, if Kyrie was my son, I sure as he-doublestix would be trying to get someone's attention about the sitch.

Gthoma2a
03-26-2011, 11:30 PM

SethCurrySavesDuke just posted what seems to be the truth on this whole thing. It is interesting. Says charges have been filed, but it seems that she SHOULDN'T have a case in any way shape or form. The problem here is that her posts seem threatening. She talked about how great it was that Kathy Bates character crippled the object of her affection. This is a threat given the context of her collective posts (horoscopes that all mentioned vengeance, etc.).

http://sethcurrysavesduke.blogspot.com/2011/03/last-update-on-kyrie-twitter-scandal.html

TheRose77
03-27-2011, 11:20 AM
@TheRealKyrieIrving, per Ndot Smitty.

dukelilsis
03-28-2011, 07:48 PM
The latest Bleacher Report features a link to the SethCurrySavesDuke article covering this as one of its top stories about Duke this week.