PDA

View Full Version : The Entire Team

AsiaMinor
03-19-2011, 12:34 PM
Yes I'm thrilled Kyrie is back, and yes I love reading all the comments. What I hope is not getting lost even in the slightest are the contributions of the "whole team." Salute to the entire "fist", can't wait for the next game.

OldPhiKap
03-19-2011, 12:35 PM
Well-said. I wholly agree.

mgtr
03-19-2011, 12:49 PM
Anticipating tomorrow, I holy agree!:)

Mcluhan
03-19-2011, 12:52 PM
Ditto. The most important story developing with this Duke team is the continued focus of our entire team.

Lord Ash
03-19-2011, 01:10 PM
I don't ANY Duke fan has forgotten anyone, especially considering how COMPLETE the team has been of late... it has really been the non-All-American candidates who have made Duke SO formidable of late, and I doubt any Dukie hasn't noticed:)

Bob Green
03-19-2011, 02:49 PM
Salute to the entire "fist", can't wait for the next game.

Everyone is playing good ball right now. Nolan and Kyle are seasoned veterans. Miles, Mason and Andre are all playing with confidence at the right time of the year. Kyrie will provide us with extra depth and an ability to both play with increased on ball pressure and penetrate on offense, but you are 100 percent correct it is all about the team! Before this tournament is over, Ryan, Tyler or Josh might be called upon to contribute at a key moment just like Andre was last year against Baylor.

Edit: Seth Curry continues to play solid ball as well. His ball handling, defense and shooting continue to be excellent. I inadvertently left him out of my original post.

NYBri
03-19-2011, 03:51 PM
Last year's "team" overcame so much in terms of individual weaknesses...to become national champions.

We are more talented this year, yes, but if we lose that "team" cohesiveness, we could end up like Kentucky last year. Watching the final four on the TV machine.

K was a bit shocked last year by the team's success, but he realized that they were so close as a unit and that is why they cut down the nets. He doesn't want to lose that. Thus the focus on the "team" this week...and it's a good move on his. I think Nolan has to buy into that and I think he has. Nolan could score 30 every game, but that doesn't insure 6 in a row.

GrantIsMyHero
03-19-2011, 06:01 PM
The commentators grated on me after a while during the Hampton game because they couldn't stop talking about Kyrie. I understand that it's amazing he's back and I am pumped, but I really felt it took away from how great the TEAM played yesterday. Balanced minutes and scoring, great team and individual defense, smart plays - all things we have been doing since the UNC loss. I love Kyrie, but hope the hype dies down a little...

uh_no
03-19-2011, 08:52 PM
if we lose that "team" cohesiveness, we could end up like Kentucky last year.

Don't you dare put that evil on this team.