PDA

View Full Version : Forde's Best/Worse-Cast Scenarios

flyingdutchdevil
03-16-2011, 11:52 AM
One of my many vices during tourney time. Although Forde loves to take quick jabs at Duke (I've come to the stage where I smile when I read them rather than throwing a tantrum), the article is a fun read. Enjoy!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/tournament/2011/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=6219985

Chitowndevil
03-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Fair warning: The "worst case" is downright nauseating. Really. I'd almost say read the entire article except for his worst case for Duke.

sporthenry
03-16-2011, 12:12 PM
At least with the UNC scenario, he calls out KM for having the ball on his hip the entire game.

DallasDevil
03-16-2011, 12:23 PM
Fair warning: The "worst case" is downright nauseating. Really. I'd almost say read the entire article except for his worst case for Duke.

If you're skipping Duke's worst case, skip UNC's best base as well. They're basically identical.

rthomas
03-16-2011, 12:57 PM
It blows my mind that he finds time to write all that. Has he done nothing productive since Sunday night?

Chris Randolph
03-16-2011, 01:02 PM
I think it is quite humorous. I read last year's as well and he said much of the same things... And we know how that turned out :)

flyingdutchdevil
03-16-2011, 01:06 PM
It blows my mind that he finds time to write all that. Has he done nothing productive since Sunday night?

It's his thing. Much like Simmons's NBA Trade Value column.

It's entertaining and he is a great writer. I enjoy his relationship with Duke: he completely respects the program, loves the coach, loves the players, but absolutely takes the piss out of the fans.

Chard
03-16-2011, 01:17 PM
Quite funny. Ridiculous but funny! The BYU best/worst is a riot.

ACCBBallFan
03-16-2011, 01:26 PM
Forde can amend Purdue's to read that the 6th man gets into an encounter with a starting guard and gives him a concussion. Matt Painter suspends him for "violation of team rules" and Purdue must play St Peter's (ironic name) with only one experienced guard.

So Purdue now playin without 3 of its top 7 players from beginnoing of season.

Duvall
03-16-2011, 01:40 PM
It's entertaining and he is a great writer.

Wait, are we talking about Pat Forde here? There must be some mix-up.

flyingdutchdevil
03-16-2011, 01:42 PM

To each his own. I like Pat Forde - what can I say? His writing style is similar to Bill Simmons, only that I can actually learn a little about sports as well (plus, I can't read Simmons any more)

loran16
03-16-2011, 01:42 PM

I find Forde to be a fun writer. Also, unlike the vast majority of ESPN columnists, he actually ENJOYS what he does.

Of course, he's a Louisville/Kentucky homer. So you have to take things with a little grain of salt.

superdave
03-16-2011, 01:53 PM
A major quibble with Mister Forde's prognosis of Duke's worst case scenario - Nolan Smith will never be tired in a college game. Never.

throatybeard
03-16-2011, 01:57 PM

He's awfully skilled at saying in 200 words what another writer could have said in 25.

SCMatt33
03-16-2011, 02:10 PM
I know he's going for humor, but wouldn't Dukes best case scenario have them not getting a single call the entire tournament, but still winning. Guys from other teams are doing stuff that would get most players ejected, but the refs let it all go anyway. Meanwhile, Duke gets called for a foul every time someone is within six inches of a player. It gets so bad, that there is absolutely no one who could possibly think that there was any kind of conspiracy. With all of this going on, Duke still has to face it's toughest road, and wins every game by 30, leaving everyone to ponder where this team (with Irving) ranks in historical terms.

hurleyfor3
03-16-2011, 06:56 PM
His schtick wasn't a whole lot different last year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/tournament/2010/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=5001177

Yawn. He forgot to mention Ashley Judd in the Kentucky comment this year though. Maybe his editors made him stop.

Duvall
03-16-2011, 07:08 PM
His schtick wasn't a whole lot different last year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/tournament/2010/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=5001177

Yawn. He forgot to mention Ashley Judd in the Kentucky comment this year though. Maybe his editors made him stop.

Sixty-four teams, three new jokes?