PDA

View Full Version : Jon Scheyer is starting to ball!

David Bunkley
03-16-2011, 10:00 AM
It is great to see him coming on the last few games
http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/jon_scheyer/index.html

4decadedukie
03-16-2011, 10:18 AM
A proven WINNER and a LEADER, always and in every endeavor.

COYS
03-16-2011, 11:02 AM
It is great to see him coming on the last few games
http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/jon_scheyer/index.html

It's also interesting to see that the worst part of his game so far is his free throw shooting. Something tells me that won't last very long. Those assist totals in his three most recent games are impressive.

wilson
03-16-2011, 11:14 AM
To borrow a page from a fellow poster's book,
Scheyer face + Goggles = Unstoppable.

timmy c
03-16-2011, 11:17 AM
It's also interesting to see that the worst part of his game so far is his free throw shooting. Something tells me that won't last very long. Those assist totals in his three most recent games are impressive.

looks like Jon is 10-14 in the last 3 games (71%). I expect you are right in saying his low shooting will not last long.

basket1544
03-16-2011, 08:57 PM
He had one bad night (Mar. 4th) and went 0-4 from the line. Once he has a few more games, his percentage will go straight up.
Go Jon!

juise
03-17-2011, 02:18 AM
Way to get back, Jon!

I see he's already rubbing off on his coach, who picked Duke to win the tournament (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuDm40VK9Ec&NR=1).

jefreema
03-17-2011, 02:37 AM
with the numbers he is putting up and his obvious progression coming back from the eye injury, i see no reason why he won't be in the league soon. which is great, because i absolutely love watching him play ball.

mgtr
03-17-2011, 07:58 AM
with the numbers he is putting up and his obvious progression coming back from the eye injury, i see no reason why he won't be in the league soon. which is great, because i absolutely love watching him play ball.

That will be great, but how does it happen? Does some team have "rights" to him? I don't think so. Do they have a draft of these players, or can any team simply offer him a tryout and/or a contract? Inquiring minds want to know!

yancem
03-17-2011, 10:24 AM
That will be great, but how does it happen? Does some team have "rights" to him? I don't think so. Do they have a draft of these players, or can any team simply offer him a tryout and/or a contract? Inquiring minds want to know!

Since he wasn't drafted he is considered an "undrafted free agent" so any team can pick him up whenever they have an open roster spot. Usually players in the D league are offered a 10 day contract when a team has an injured player. Depending on how the D league player performs, the injured player recovers and the teams current roster needs, that 10 day contract can be extended another 10 day or become a longer (1-2 year) contract. Teams can't sign players to more than so many 10 contracts before they have to offer a longer term contract but I forget how many that is. The other way he can get on a roster is to get invited to join one a team for the summer/rookie league. Then if he performs well he could get offered a contract.

wilson
03-17-2011, 10:42 AM
Since he wasn't drafted he is considered an "undrafted free agent" so any team can pick him up whenever they have an open roster spot. Usually players in the D league are offered a 10 day contract when a team has an injured player. Depending on how the D league player performs, the injured player recovers and the teams current roster needs, that 10 day contract can be extended another 10 day or become a longer (1-2 year) contract. Teams can't sign players to more than so many 10 contracts before they have to offer a longer term contract but I forget how many that is. The other way he can get on a roster is to get invited to join one a team for the summer/rookie league. Then if he performs well he could get offered a contract.Taken from this (http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q68) page (which, incidentally, has some very good explanations of NBA salary cap and personnel rules):

A team may sign a player to two 10-day contracts in one season (they may or may not be consecutive). After the second 10-day contract, the team can only retain the player by signing him for the remainder of the season. A team can't have more 10-day contracts than they have players on their Inactive List. Ten-day contracts are available to be used starting January 5 (or the first business day thereafter) each season.

miramar
03-17-2011, 12:13 PM
According to the link, Jon has averaged 39 minutes over the last three games.

Obviously that means he gets 9 minutes off, but I guess Coach K is not the only one who feels that Jon should be out on the court as much as possible.