PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Tournament TV coverage questions/comments

Channing
03-15-2011, 08:11 PM
I can't find the unca-ualr game on tv?

EDIT:

2011 NCAA Tournament Games
All Men's games stream online at March Madness On Demand (http://www.ncaa.com/mmod).

Men's post game video (http://www.ncaa.com/menshighlights), including press conferences.

Women's games will be on ESPN3 (http://www.espn3.com)

hurleyfor3
03-15-2011, 08:15 PM
Something called TruTV, at least where I am.

wilson
03-15-2011, 08:16 PM
I can't find the unca-ualr game on tv?Tru TV (used to be Court TV).

throatybeard
03-15-2011, 08:19 PM
I have TruTV on Dish 204.

The network this is on probably tells you whether the NCAAT needs to have more than 64 teams in the first place.

1 24 90
03-15-2011, 08:23 PM
Find TruTV on your cable because Duke Hampton is on there Friday.

hurleyfor3
03-15-2011, 08:24 PM
Very surprised Nantz and Kellogg are doing this game (along with Steve Kerr). They're really out of their element and clearly don't know anything about these teams.

Tomorrow's games will be done by Gus Johnson and Len Elmore. One guy creating the excitement while the other sucks it out, what will the result be?

TNDukeFan
03-15-2011, 08:32 PM
I tried to watch UNC-A vs. UALR online, but the feed is so bad I can't even do it. My nephew in Durham is having the same problem. Anyone having good streaming?

hurleyfor3
03-15-2011, 08:36 PM
Retitling this thread to encompass an issue that is sure to persist throughout the tournament.

The announcers for the R64 and R32 sites are here:

http://www.hdsportsguide.com/news/2011/ncaa-tournament-announcers-by-location-2011/

Charlotte gets Nantz and Kellogg, not a real surprise. Although during the Billy Packer era they usually chose away from ACC regions so that Packer could watch some different teams.

weezie
03-15-2011, 08:45 PM
On this TruTv, is anyone else having volume issues? Loud then soft, etc. not just during commercials and it's on all the tvs in the house.

And I wish I could meet Gus Johnson and get a picture with him.

weezie
03-15-2011, 08:47 PM
Tomorrow's games will be done by Gus Johnson and Len Elmore. One guy creating the excitement while the other sucks it out, what will the result be?

:D:D:D Maybe Gus will snap and bang Lennie in the head with a chair. That would be fun!
A girl can dream....

hurleyfor3
03-15-2011, 09:01 PM
No problems here.

Nice to know Bobby Hurley is comfortable in his own skin. :D

weezie
03-15-2011, 09:13 PM
It's nice to see you guys learning the comfortability factor of Dove body wash and deoderant.
lol....:cool:

hurleyfor3
03-15-2011, 09:21 PM
It's a good day all around for Duke point guards and body parts.

nocilla
03-15-2011, 09:44 PM
They are listing the Duke/Hampton game on truTV Friday @ 3:10.

Does anyone know if they will still have regional coverage to show the local games on regular CBS? Or are all the games going to stick to their schedule of truTV, TBS, etc?

I don't get truTV so I will have to watch online if not. I think ncaa.com will be showing them.

Bluedog
03-15-2011, 09:48 PM

Does anyone know if they will still have regional coverage to show the local games on regular CBS? Or are all the games going to stick to their schedule of truTV, TBS, etc?

I don't get truTV so I will have to watch online if not. I think ncaa.com will be showing them.

No regional coverage differences. CBS will carry the same game nationwide as will TBS, TNT, and TruTV. I know of some providers that didn't have TruTV in HD previously have added it this week, so make sure to check your listings.

dukee94
03-15-2011, 09:49 PM

My understanding is that they will be sticking with the schedule of the different networks and not doing regional coverage. If you have satellite or cable keep looking for TruTV, it has shown up in HD on both DirecTV and my local cable company in the last 24 hours.

roywhite
03-15-2011, 09:59 PM
truTV is channel #246 on DirecTV

It's in the TNT, TBS "neighborhood" of the DirecTV program guide, if that helps; I don't know if cable systems group them together.

jv001
03-15-2011, 10:04 PM
in Winston Salem area lists TruTV on channels 313 & 1313 HD. TNT 301 & 1301 HD.
Go Duke!

xinspiration
03-15-2011, 11:10 PM
Hi all,

I will be abroad in China in the Beijing region during the Final Four games. I've read about last year's championship game being broadcast widely (via the "Duke Fan in Beijing" article, highly entertaining), but does anyone know if the games will be shown outside of Beijing as well? I known I'll be cheering on the Blue Devils!

DU82
03-15-2011, 11:35 PM
Sunday's game times are noon, 2:30 and 5pm on CBS, 7:30 on TruTV, 6 and 8:30 on TBS and 7:30 and 9:30 on TNT. A lot more spread out than previous years, when CBS wanted all the games finished in time for 60 minutes on the east coast.

Hopefully, the Charlotte region, with the returning national champions top national TV draw, will be the featured games on CBS to start the day.

rfaison
03-16-2011, 12:10 AM
Just found this on the Verizon site, date 3-14-11:

"TruTV HD is already available to FiOS TV customers in Texas, Florida, California, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Jersey, downstate New York and the Philadelphia area. More FiOS TV customers will see the channel appear on their lineup tomorrow, and everyone will have it by Wednesday. You can find the new HD channel on 683, as well as 183 in SD".

And sure enough, in the DC area, it's there.

nocilla
03-16-2011, 06:05 AM
No regional coverage differences. CBS will carry the same game nationwide as will TBS, TNT, and TruTV. I know of some providers that didn't have TruTV in HD previously have added it this week, so make sure to check your listings.

Thanks, but unless they broadcast it over air, I will be watching online.

jefreema
03-16-2011, 06:15 AM
the one positive this new set up has had is that i have checked my channels on dish network and i now know that i do not get trutv. fantastic.

and my embarq dsl connection is on the low end of the quality spectrum, so i am almost officiially screwed for the game friday.

roywhite
03-16-2011, 07:29 AM
the one positive this new set up has had is that i have checked my channels on dish network and i now know that i do not get trutv. fantastic.

and my embarq dsl connection is on the low end of the quality spectrum, so i am almost officiially screwed for the game friday.

Surprised to hear that about dish network.

According to Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TruTV) it should be on channel 204 on Dish Network.

truTV was formerly known as Court TV and changed their name (and program focus) a couple years ago.

Good luck to you and others.

Sports bar as an option?

cruxer
03-16-2011, 07:35 AM
truTV is channel #246 on DirecTV

It's in the TNT, TBS "neighborhood" of the DirecTV program guide, if that helps; I don't know if cable systems group them together.

FYI for those with HD on DirecTV, they're adding the HD version on channel 246-1 specifically for the tourney games. They should be adding the channel full time later this year for those who need to see "Hot Pursuit" with a pristine picture and sound.

-c

Indoor66
03-16-2011, 09:29 AM
Comcast has announced that truTV HD (http://blogs.chron.com/sportsmedia/2011/03/comcast_adds_trutv_hd_for_ncaa.html) will be available SYSTEMWIDE.

Bostondevil
03-16-2011, 11:45 AM
I thought it might be nice to start a thread where those of us who have found the Tru Network can tell others in our area where to look for it.

So, if you've got Verizon in the Boston area, it's channel 183.

geraldsneighbor
03-16-2011, 11:47 AM
In PA on Comcast it is channel 841. I loved the coverage last night and can't wait for tomorrow to see all 4 networks up and running. Should be awesome.

DukeUsul
03-16-2011, 11:48 AM
DirecTV has TruTV on channel 246. They've recently added TruTV in HD on channel 246-1.

wilson
03-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Atlanta-area Comcast (BTW, Comcast, I HATE YOU): 58.
858 in HD.

Chitowndevil
03-16-2011, 11:53 AM
I thought it might be nice to start a thread where those of us who have found the Tru Network can tell others in our area where to look for it.

For Comcast digital cable subscribers in Chicago, TruTV is Channel 165.

Also I DID find TruTV in HD last night and watched both games in high def. Can't remember the channel number however and it's not showing up in Comcast's most recent online channel lineup.

Indoor66
03-16-2011, 11:54 AM
For Pompano Beach, FL Comcast, truTV is channel 252 or 33

DukieInKansas
03-16-2011, 11:57 AM
For Time Warner customers in the metropolitan Kansas City area - TruTV is channel 47 or 1047 for HD. DVR is already set. This working for a living interfers with basketball watching.

tbyers11
03-16-2011, 12:00 PM
For Bright House customers in Orlando - Central Florida, truTV is channel 60 and truTV in HD (which magically appeared last - it wasn't there Sunday night) is channel 1291.

Masticatee
03-16-2011, 12:03 PM
I'm not sure if someone has already posted this in the thread, but I found this (http://www.locatetv.com/listings/trutv). I can't vouch for its accuracy, but it might be useful for some folks. It locates the channel number for a given station in a certain area by specific provider, though it doesn't seem to always have the smaller companies listed. Just plug in the area code and select your provider where it says "Local listings for".

stillcrazie
03-16-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm not sure if someone has already posted this in the thread, but I found this (http://www.locatetv.com/listings/trutv). I can't vouch for its accuracy, but it might be useful for some folks. It locates the channel number for a given station in a certain area by specific provider, though it doesn't seem to always have the smaller companies listed. Just plug in the area code and select your provider where it says "Local listings for".

Thanks - this totally worked for me! truTV shows up on Time Warner Cable channel 044 in the Chapel Hill/Orange County area - standard, not HD. Woo hoo!

HaveFunExpectToWin
03-16-2011, 03:44 PM

FiOS TV channel lineups are national (except for the locals and some local sports like NESN). FiOS customers will find TruTV on channel 683 (HD) and 183 (SD). The HD version is what's new. FiOS has had TruTV in SD for awhile now.

There has been a big push by Turner to get the network out there to all cable and satellite systems this week. Most people should have the channel and should have it in HD.

Rogue
03-16-2011, 04:24 PM
Direct TV viewers. It appears that some or all of the NCAA tourney will be available on Channel 701.
Direct TV does a great job with THE MASTERS, US OPEN and the PGA on 4 channels ( 701-705 . They'll show one channel network coverage, one of 17 & 18 ,one of Amen Corner, one of a select group and follow them for the full 18 holes. )
I hope they have something like this for the NCAA's :cool:

TNDukeFan
03-16-2011, 07:56 PM
I tried to watch UNC-A vs. UALR online, but the feed is so bad I can't even do it. My nephew in Durham is having the same problem. Anyone having good streaming?

Is anyone having success with the streaming from MMOD? ESPN3 works fine...

DallasDevil
03-16-2011, 10:48 PM
Thanks, but unless they broadcast it over air, I will be watching online.

If you live in the triangle, the game will be broadcast on WRAL.

DukeUsul
03-16-2011, 11:01 PM

Have you seen this confirmed somewhere you can provide in a link? While this was true in the past that local teams were carried on the main CBS feed in their markets, I haven't seen anything that says it's going to happen this year. When I look at the program guide on my TV for this Friday at 3pm, it lists WRAL carrying the Memphis/Arizona game and truTV carrying the Duke/Hampton game.

Edited to add: WRAL Sports own listing shows that WRAL is not carrying our game. http://www.wralsportsfan.com/rs/page/3938592/?view=league

jefreema
03-17-2011, 12:05 AM
well, it is channel 204 on dish network---i just don't have a package that makes it available. it is in green on my channel guide. i would have to upgrade to get it. no sports bar either because i don't have anybody to go with at 3 in the afternoon. plus, in all honesty, i don't want to put my pug in his crate. i'll just take my chances with the online feed and, worst case scenario, radio broadcast.

Surprised to hear that about dish network.

According to Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TruTV) it should be on channel 204 on Dish Network.

truTV was formerly known as Court TV and changed their name (and program focus) a couple years ago.

Good luck to you and others.

Sports bar as an option?

DallasDevil
03-17-2011, 01:21 AM
Have you seen this confirmed somewhere you can provide in a link? While this was true in the past that local teams were carried on the main CBS feed in their markets, I haven't seen anything that says it's going to happen this year. When I look at the program guide on my TV for this Friday at 3pm, it lists WRAL carrying the Memphis/Arizona game and truTV carrying the Duke/Hampton game.

Edited to add: WRAL Sports own listing shows that WRAL is not carrying our game. http://www.wralsportsfan.com/rs/page/3938592/?view=league

Bummer, I saw it at the end of this article on WRAL:

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/duke/story/9281654/

and thus assumed it was correct.

JStuart
03-17-2011, 07:13 AM

Actually, WRAL will not have the Duke game, which is on TruTV, regular channel 44 on TW cable in the Durham-Raleigh lineup. As Throaty said, it used to be Court TV; I wasn't aware of that title change.
Go Devils!

nocilla
03-17-2011, 09:36 AM

I saw that quote and sent them an email and this is their response;

The new network contract means WRAL can not choose which games to show.
We are stuck with what CBS gets. In this instance, it means we can't air
Duke-Hampton. That game will be on truTV.

For those without cable or satellite, the game will not be available on
TV.

However, you can watch all the games online, via March Madness on
demand.
http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/2010-12-19/ncaa-march-madness-de
mand
Click "Watch Now," then choose the game you want to see.

WRAL will of course have complete coverage and highlights from all the
games on our news at 6 p.m. and after the day's action ends and on
WRALSportsFan.com.

Jodi Leese Glusco
Managing Editor, WRAL.com

rhcpflea99
03-17-2011, 11:44 AM
Does anybody know DBR yahoo tourney pick em group name and password?

Bluedog
03-17-2011, 11:53 AM
For Comcast digital cable subscribers in Chicago, TruTV is Channel 165.

Also I DID find TruTV in HD last night and watched both games in high def. Can't remember the channel number however and it's not showing up in Comcast's most recent online channel lineup.

It's channel 320.

Does anybody know DBR yahoo tourney pick em group name and password?

Name: Duke Basketball Report
Group ID: 167077
Password: duke

Acymetric
03-17-2011, 11:59 AM
Have they indicated that the game times on Sunday are tied to certain regions or anything like that? It would be really nice to know when the games would be to sort of plan around them.

tbyers11
03-17-2011, 12:17 PM
Have they indicated that the game times on Sunday are tied to certain regions or anything like that? It would be really nice to know when the games would be to sort of plan around them.

I don't think they have linked game times to regions yet. They are waiting to see who wins.

Sunday's game times are noon, 2:30 and 5pm on CBS, 7:30 on TruTV, 6 and 8:30 on TBS and 7:30 and 9:30 on TNT. A lot more spread out than previous years, when CBS wanted all the games finished in time for 60 minutes on the east coast.

Hopefully, the Charlotte region, with the returning national champions top national TV draw, will be the featured games on CBS to start the day.

If DU82's times are correct (they seem right to me just haven't found confirmation) it seems very likely with our Friday afternoon tip and our national cache that we will be playing the noon or 2:30 game Sunday on CBS.

kmspeaks
03-17-2011, 12:23 PM
Anybody else trying to watch Clemson/WVU on March Madness on Demand? I can get the game center but it keeps telling me no video available. I'm trying to figure out if it's my computer (since I'm on work) or a problem on their end.

J.Blink
03-17-2011, 12:38 PM
Anybody else trying to watch Clemson/WVU on March Madness on Demand? I can get the game center but it keeps telling me no video available. I'm trying to figure out if it's my computer (since I'm on work) or a problem on their end.

Not working for me either. Stalls at "[LOADING...]"

dukebluesincebirth
03-17-2011, 12:47 PM

I'm currently watching the Clemson game on my laptop at work. I'm not sure what's going on with your situation. i'm using that "on Demand" thing which I connected to through the ESPN scoreboard.

It's weird because my ESPN3 wouldn't work on my laptop last week at work, but I'm having no problems with this. Good luck! Let me know if I can be of any help. Everyone should be able to watch the tourney at work!

Bluedog
03-17-2011, 12:52 PM
Not working for me either. Stalls at "[LOADING...]"

Didn't work for me on Firefox, but worked fine on IE. Try another browser.

superdave
03-17-2011, 12:54 PM
Looks like there an iphone app to stream games to your phone. Anyone found a Droid app to stream? My interweb connection at work isnt great.

dukebluesincebirth
03-17-2011, 12:56 PM

Mine is working with Firefox just fine, so not sure it's the browser...worth a try though.

Bluedog
03-17-2011, 01:05 PM
Looks like there an iphone app to stream games to your phone. Anyone found a Droid app to stream? My interweb connection at work isnt great.

There is no March Madness on demand app developed for Android unfortunately. However, the app PlayOn is supposed to stream many different channels. I haven't used it, though, so can't guarantee it'll work.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/playon-mobile/com.playon.playonapp

Edit: Apparently, costs $4.99/month, but they offer a 14-day trial period...

J.Blink
03-17-2011, 01:29 PM

Had tried multiple browsers earlier (didn't work). Working now though... ~shrug~

AlaskanAssassin
03-17-2011, 03:09 PM
I asked this in the KI thread, but since its about to be closed:

Anyone know where we can go to watch the entire presser from coach and players? I was all over ncaa.com but couldn't find it.

HaveFunExpectToWin
03-17-2011, 03:26 PM
I'm working remotely from home and have been checking out the coverage. Thus far, I'm really satisfied with the quality of the picture (I've always preferred CBS's 1080i to ESPN's 720p)) and the coverage in general. It's a little difficult to learn 3 channels I typically never watch (TBS, TNT, and TruTV), but I'm managing. One nice feature is that the score ticker at the top of the screen also indicates the channel the game is on.

arydolphin
03-17-2011, 04:16 PM
I'm working remotely from home and have been checking out the coverage. Thus far, I'm really satisfied with the quality of the picture (I've always preferred CBS's 1080i to ESPN's 720p)) and the coverage in general. It's a little difficult to learn 3 channels I typically never watch (TBS, TNT, and TruTV), but I'm managing. One nice feature is that the score ticker at the top of the screen also indicates the channel the game is on.

I'm also at home, and I'm loving having all of the games on different networks. Plus, the ticker at the top of the screen has little icons letting you know what channel the other games are on, which is really nice. Once you memorize the channel numbers, it's really easy to go back and forth.

Another thing: with the staggered schedule in place, it eliminates the lull that used to happen between 4:30 PM and 7 PM Eastern time, games will now still be going on in that time frame.

jacone21
03-17-2011, 10:30 PM
I'm really happy that CBS has gotten rid of the pulsing, throbbing graphics package.

I'm liking this simple scheme they're using now.

Never really understood all the (((((( )))))) nonsense.

Now, if we can get rid of the 30 second timeout commercial....

Son of Jarhead
03-17-2011, 11:33 PM
I've searched everywhere & it seems CBS/Turner may not have decided what games will be in what time slots. I'm finding this sort of annoying as I'm trying plan a family get together & would like to get the timing ironed out (especially for those coming from out of Durham) more than the day before. I'd think the people attending the games would want to know when to be there... & my hope is one of them does, reads this, & lets me know... please & thank you.

Neals384
03-17-2011, 11:38 PM
At first I thought I was imaging things, but then I got out a stopwatch...and

Media timeouts in the tourney are 20 seconds longer than in the regular season. I timed both the SDSU game and the St. Johns game, and the media timeout is 2:50 from horn to horn (regular season 2:30), and about 3:15 from the whistle stopping play 'till pay resumes.

Does anyone know if this is new for 2011 with the new TV lineup?

While noone wants to watch more commercials, there could be a bright side - the extra 20 seconds rest might help a team that has two players going 40 minutes and also a player a little out of shape due to an injury.

moonpie23
03-18-2011, 08:17 AM

Media timeouts in the tourney are 20 seconds longer than in the regular season. .

"we got to move these, refrigerators, we got to move these color tvvvvvvvvvvvv's"

-jk
03-18-2011, 08:49 AM

Media timeouts in the tourney are 20 seconds longer than in the regular season. I timed both the SDSU game and the St. Johns game, and the media timeout is 2:50 from horn to horn (regular season 2:30), and about 3:15 from the whistle stopping play 'till pay resumes.

While noone wants to watch more commercials, there could be a bright side - the extra 20 seconds rest might help a team that has two players going 40 minutes and also a player a little out of shape due to an injury.

I haven't noticed yet: are they still getting 20 minute halftimes under the new TV contract?

-jk

duke79
03-18-2011, 08:50 AM
This may have been discussed previously in this thread, but will it be possible to watch the Duke/Hampton game streaming online? And does anyone have a link to the website where that will be available? I don't see it listed on the ESPN3 schedule for today. Thanks.

nocilla
03-18-2011, 09:50 AM
This may have been discussed previously in this thread, but will it be possible to watch the Duke/Hampton game streaming online? And does anyone have a link to the website where that will be available? I don't see it listed on the ESPN3 schedule for today. Thanks.

ncaa.com

hurleyfor3
03-18-2011, 10:21 AM
I haven't noticed yet: are they still getting 20 minute halftimes under the new TV contract?

-jk

Still 20 minute halftimes, but it's more like 30 minutes between games.

Bluedog
03-18-2011, 10:43 AM

-jk

Yeah, 20 minute halftimes (instead of 15 minutes). Timeouts are 30 seconds longer. Some coaches are complaining:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/03/coaches-ncaa-tournament-time-outs-halftime-/1

Getting rest for players getting extended minutes is not a problem. Makes it almost a different game than if it was played during the regular season. At least, the strategies can be a bit different.

Acymetric
03-18-2011, 12:19 PM
Yeah, 20 minute halftimes (instead of 15 minutes). Timeouts are 30 seconds longer. Some coaches are complaining:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/03/coaches-ncaa-tournament-time-outs-halftime-/1

Getting rest for players getting extended minutes is not a problem. Makes it almost a different game than if it was played during the regular season. At least, the strategies can be a bit different.

Maybe takes away some of the advantage of having depth, since teams with shorter benches can rest their players more...keeping them from getting to the point where their effectiveness decreases.

superdave
03-18-2011, 01:20 PM
The interweb connection at work is so slow today that MMOD wont launch. This is clearly a violation of some sort of itnernational law. Any recommendations for other websites? I tried Justintv and another to no avail - internet too slow.

I may just throw my hands in the air and sneak out the back door and go home at 3.

gumbomoop
03-18-2011, 04:09 PM
Foxsports reporting Michigan plays Duke-Hampton winner at noon on Sunday. I assume CBS.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketball/page/Hoops-Hysteria-Brackets-2011

HaveFunExpectToWin
03-18-2011, 05:12 PM
What's worse?

He's Henry, Clay Henry!

NAPA Know How.

wilson
03-18-2011, 05:14 PM
What's worse?

He's Henry, Clay Henry!

NAPA Know How.NAPA, by a country mile. I HATE HATE HATE those commercials. They've been showing them on Braves telecasts for several years. Barf.

mgtr
03-18-2011, 05:58 PM
The big sell of having all the games on different stations was that you could be your own producer, and see what you want to. But CBS can't resist being Big Daddy, has to switch coverage to the end of tight games. Sort of defeats the purpose. When I am watching Duke play, I want to see it all, including handshakes at the end and player and/or coach interviews. Don't switch it for me -- I can read the scoreboards at the top. End of rant.

Bluedog
03-18-2011, 06:01 PM
Foxsports reporting Michigan plays Duke-Hampton winner at noon on Sunday. I assume CBS.

Thanks. That means UNC will be after us, right? Or we still don't know?

-bdbd
03-18-2011, 06:13 PM
Do we know yet WHEN Duke will play Michigan on Sunday??? Or even what channel? Only negative about Mich beating Tenn is that Rose's stupid comments will get still further play. Ugh!

BTW, anybody there in person - how was the crowd?

-bdbd
03-18-2011, 06:26 PM
I'm an old pilot, so excuse my laughter. But for me, Gottlieb's funniest "Gameday" comment of the day eas, in responding to an analogy about players being like airplanes: "Yeah, but you can't buy an airplane without a rudder thingy" ...or very similar words. The anchor cut him off and returned them to sane conversation.

Note to Doug: rudder's are on BOATS.

:rolleyes:

tbyers11
03-18-2011, 06:42 PM

I think the Sunday times in that bracket are just placeholders. With the way they are spreading games out, I can't see them having 2 games at noon and 2 at 1pm on Sunday. CBS released Saturday game times last night on their Twitter feed @cbssports at about 11pm last night and I am guessing they will do the same tonight for Sunday.

That being said I would bet large amounts of $$$ that we are either the noon game (or less likely the 2:30 game) on Sunday on CBS

gumbomoop
03-18-2011, 07:09 PM
I think the Sunday times in that bracket are just placeholders. With the way they are spreading games out, I can't see them having 2 games at noon and 2 at 1pm on Sunday. CBS released Saturday game times last night on their Twitter feed @cbssports at about 11pm last night and I am guessing they will do the same tonight for Sunday.

That being said I would bet large amounts of $$$ that we are either the noon game (or less likely the 2:30 game) on Sunday on CBS

Yes, I think you're right. Even assuming UNC wins [but let's not.....], I'd agree with you that a Duke-Mich matchup would be thought a "marquee" opener.

throatybeard
03-18-2011, 07:28 PM
Note to Doug: rudder's are on BOATS.

Airplanes have rudders too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudder

gewwang
03-19-2011, 12:09 AM
Unc plays at 12:15 and duke plays 30 minutes after. Both games on CBS.

According to the Charlotte observer.

1 24 90
03-19-2011, 12:13 AM
With the new tv contract, there's a bit of a strange schedule on Sunday. CBS has a tripleheader starting at noon. TBS & TNT both have evening doubleheaders and TruTv has an evening game around 7:30. This is according to my onscreen guide. Basically CBS gets to show 3 games with no competition and then there are 5 games running from 6:30 p.m. and ending around midnight.

Can I add that I would much rather be the first game on Sunday? So now I may have to sit through a UNC game in anticipation of watching Duke. Not sure I can take it.

DU82
03-19-2011, 12:18 AM

The N&O had on their website a little while ago that we play at 2:45, 30 minutes after the Smurfs lose to Washington.

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/accnow/unc-duke-get-afternoon-games-sunday

moonpie23
03-19-2011, 11:01 AM
there sure is a big difference in picture quality among all the different tech crews, transmissions, and network feeds......

i think cbs needs to upgrade some cameras.....

i know some of it is due to venue lighting as well...

burnspbesq
03-19-2011, 11:53 AM
Is anyone having success with the streaming from MMOD? ESPN3 works fine...

The MMOD iPad app is pure genius. My billable hours suffered on Thursday and Friday.

burnspbesq
03-19-2011, 11:57 AM
ESPN is going to do it's traditional whiparound on the broadcast networks for the women's first round, but all of the games are available on espn3.com.

DukieInKansas
03-19-2011, 12:59 PM
I'm glad we are the 2nd game on Sunday - it allows me to get home from church and watch the game live instead of dvr delayed. :D

-jk
03-19-2011, 01:07 PM
I've added general tournament links to the TV FAQ in the stickies. Let me know if I've broken any or missed a good one.

-jk

hurleyfor3
03-19-2011, 10:39 PM
there sure is a big difference in picture quality among all the different tech crews, transmissions, and network feeds......

i think cbs needs to upgrade some cameras.....

The score updates are nearly illegible on standard-def signals. I'm watching from a hotel right now. Cbs and tnt are HD but tbs (cincy/uconn) is standard-def. I can't make out some of the digits in the scores.

-bdbd
03-19-2011, 11:07 PM
Airplanes have rudders too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudder

Touche. But that is not what he was referencing. He was talking about the whole empanage (tail section) or at least the vertical stabilizer (the whole vertical surface in the back of most planes). The "rudder" is just the little flap part that moves to alter the airflow.

You had to see the little exchange, but it was just funny to me as Doug was searching for the right words on a subject he didn't know enough about... ......... Sounds familliar coming from Mr. "alarmingly unathletic."

:cool:

weezie
03-20-2011, 08:32 AM
I'm glad we are the 2nd game on Sunday - it allows me to get home from church and watch the game live instead of dvr delayed. :D

OK, DinK. Say a prayer that I make it up my Everest climb to our seats a few more times today. Haven't noticed any posts here about the simply awful seats the IDs were allotted. Should make all the people who criticize the folks who sit upstairs in Cameron pleased to know we are getting our exercise in Charlotte.