PDA

View Full Version : DBR Bracketology!!

blazindw
03-15-2011, 03:37 PM
It's time to submit those brackets!

Thanks to juice's reminder, I have renewed the DBR bracket challenge for this year. It's on Yahoo, and some of you who were in it last year may have already received an email inviting you to renew for this season. For everyone else who wants to get in on all the fun, here's the info:

Name: Duke Basketball Report
Group ID: 167077
Password: duke

Try to use your DBR handle in your team name so we know who's doing well and who needs a pep talk! The deadline for submitting brackets, I believe, is 11am Eastern on Thursday morning, so while you got a couple days, definitely join in on the fun while you can!

timmy c
03-15-2011, 03:55 PM
Thanks for putting this together! It sounds like fun. Is it to much to ask for a link?

Bluedog
03-15-2011, 04:00 PM
Thanks for putting this together! It sounds like fun. Is it to much to ask for a link?

Here's a link:
http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1

Click Join Group and then enter the ID and password.

BD80
03-15-2011, 04:02 PM
How are we supposed to win in a group where everyone picks Duke to win?

TNDukeFan
03-15-2011, 04:07 PM

lol - by going crazy with the upsets in the early rounds, and hoping!

juise
03-15-2011, 04:16 PM

I tried to beat the system last year by not picking Duke. I ended up like 76 of 86 or something. I learned my lesson. (Fortunately, I picked Duke in my bracket at work.)

The key is getting the rest of the Final Four right.

timmy c
03-15-2011, 04:40 PM
I tried to beat the system last year by not picking Duke. I ended up like 76 of 86 or something. I learned my lesson. (Fortunately, I picked Duke in my bracket at work.)

The key is getting the rest of the Final Four right.

Why ruin a good thing? Picking against Duke might have been just the reverse jinks that this team needs again this year. ;)

superdave
03-15-2011, 06:55 PM
Why ruin a good thing? Picking against Duke might have been just the reverse jinks that this team needs again this year. ;)

I picked OSU over Kansas in the Finals. Unfortunately.

Super "Have you had a Dupuy hip replacement? commercial ad nauseum on EspnU" Dave

hurleyfor3
03-15-2011, 07:14 PM
Looks like I have to create a Yahoo account to participate. Is this right, or is there some workaround?

ajgoodfella7
03-15-2011, 07:16 PM
Looks like I have to create a Yahoo account to participate. Is this right, or is there some workaround?

Pretty sure you need one to do any of their fantasy games.

DallasDevil
03-15-2011, 10:19 PM

It looks like you can also use a facebook or gmail account if you have one (I successfully did it with gmail, haven't tried with facebook).

Duke: A Dynasty
03-16-2011, 12:52 AM
Duke beating Notre Dame in the finals!

Really wanted to put OSU vs ND but its hard not to pick Duke

captmojo
03-16-2011, 08:39 AM
Duke beating Notre Dame in the finals!

Really wanted to put OSU vs ND but its hard not to pick Duke

Mr. Bilas doesn't seem to have this problem.
Even though the article on the home page says Jay wants to now re-do his brackets, he's on live TV/radio's Mike and Mike subbing for Golic. He is overheard to say that he selects Connecticutt over Duke. So, inquiring minds want to know, where did he have Duke going down before this stumble?

superdave
03-16-2011, 09:07 AM
Mr. Bilas doesn't seem to have this problem.
Even though the article on the home page says Jay wants to now re-do his brackets, he's on live TV/radio's Mike and Mike subbing for Golic. He is overheard to say that he selects Connecticutt over Duke. So, inquiring minds want to know, where did he have Duke going down before this stumble?

UConn is not going on amassive tourney run. They are young and have one proven guy. Granted they've grown up this year, but enough to win 2-3 tough games and get to the FF? Maybe? Win 2-3 tough games after spending it all on the Big East Tourney? Nah. How come no one has asked Bilas that question?

captmojo
03-16-2011, 09:16 AM
UConn is not going on amassive tourney run. They are young and have one proven guy. Granted they've grown up this year, but enough to win 2-3 tough games and get to the FF? Maybe? Win 2-3 tough games after spending it all on the Big East Tourney? Nah. How come no one has asked Bilas that question?

(insert smilie of me doing a shoulder shrug)

cspan37421
03-16-2011, 09:22 AM
Let's let Jay just have his opinion. Predictions aren't necessarily reflective of rooting interests, especially in his job. Take heed of what just surfaced about another ESPN analyst whose refusal to be a homer in his analysis led to enough grief that he moved out of state:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/03/espn-s-kirk-hebrstreit-moves-to-nashville-to-escape-relentless-fans-ohio-state-unversity-osu-buckeyes/1?csp=obinsite

or link (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/03/espn-s-kirk-hebrstreit-moves-to-nashville-to-escape-relentless-fans-ohio-state-unversity-osu-buckeyes/1?csp=obinsite)

Let's not stoop to that level.

captmojo
03-16-2011, 09:30 AM
Let's let Jay just have his opinion. Predictions aren't necessarily reflective of rooting interests, especially in his job. Take heed of what just surfaced about another ESPN analyst whose refusal to be a homer in his analysis led to enough grief that he moved out of state:

Let's not stoop to that level.

I hold no interest in stopping his opinions, any of them. I care not where he chooses to establish his household. I'm only curious of his idea of where Duke would fall out, prior to knowledge of the return of young Mr. Irving.

superdave
03-16-2011, 09:54 AM
I just have a hard time believing UConn can make the Final Four after 5 games in 5 days in the BET. I dont care what region they are in. It's really hard to do. Also, Bilas calls the BET every year and falls in love with Big East teams. So I kinda discount his opinion on this.

blazindw
03-16-2011, 11:29 AM

Haha, sorry bout that and thanks to those that posted the link for me. I didn't post it initially because if you're not logged in, sometimes you can't access the page until you join. That's why I just provided the join info since when you form a bracket entry and click the "Join Group" button, that would be all they asked for.

Good luck everyone!